Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > WILD HOGS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

#1 Comedy of 2007???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #1 Comedy of 2007???
    Posted: August 13 2007 at 12:17pm

I don't know if this is right, but I have been hearing that this was the #1 Comedy of 2007, because of how much it made at the U.S. Box Office (about $168 million). I don't really believe any of that at all. I will admit, this film did have some funny parts, but overall, with bad acting from RAZZIE "winner" John Travolta, RAZZIE " nominee" Tim Allen, and the often RAZZIE-worthy Martin Lawrence, "Hogs" was almost completely dumb.

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2007 at 6:05am

Here's a LINK to the B.O. MoJo page listing 2007's Top-Grossing Films. Sadly, WILD HOGS currently (as of 8/14/07) ranks #8. The advertising claim in TV spots promoting the DVD of HOGS calling it "The #1 Comedy of the Year" is arguably bogus, depending on whether you consider PIRATES III: AT WIT'S END and/or RATAOILLE to be comedies. Both those titles out-grossed HOGS, and both were clearly bigger hits, with Pixar's animated rats out performing HOGS by about $25 million, and PURATES III besting it by approximately 2-to-1... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2007 at 4:01pm

And now, as of Wednesday's results, Wild Hogs went to #9 after THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM passed it, and it will go down to #10 tomorrow when THE SIMPSONS MOVIE will pass that movie. However, you have to admit, looking at this year's Box Office results, it looks like people are starting to go see movies this year, we've had 4 movies pass the $100 Million mark this spring, and now, all 4 of them are no longer in theaters and now are on DVD. And as of 8/23/07, there is a total of 14 movies this summer that made it passed the $100 Million mark, the most recent one as of now is Hairspray.

Plus, if we are talking about comedies, i think you left out SHREK THE TURD. Yes, that movie didn't get well reviews, but i still call it an OK movie, and not to mention it qualifies as a comedy. Plus, it has beat off PURATES III at the  US Box Office, but SPIDER-MAN 3 still remains the top Box Office Movie of 2007...

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2007 at 4:42pm

Three more summer movies will probably break the $100 million mark before their run is over -- Rush Hour 3, Superbad and, eventually, Evan Almighty.  In the case of Evan Almighty, it might take several more weeks, but it seems likely to just break $100 million.

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2007 at 3:10pm
It definitely looks like more people went to see movies this year than they did last year...This year, by far, as I said earlier, 14 movies made it past the $100 Million mark, plus Rush Hour 3 after this weekend, Superbad, in a couple weeks, and Evan Almighty, if possible. As of Thursday's results, Evan is standing at $98.6 Million, so, it just has less than $1.4 Million to go to reach that mark.
 Post Reply Post Reply