Forum Home Forum Home > MOVIES & DVDs of the WEEK > Best Bad DVD of the Week
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

10 COMMANDMENTS as DVD of the Week

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 COMMANDMENTS as DVD of the Week
    Posted: March 19 2006 at 6:18am

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS (1923 & 1956)

The epic 1956 remake of TEN COMMANDMENTS is, of course, listed among the 100 Funniest Bad Movies Ever Made in THE OFFICIAL RAZZIE MOVIE GUIDE. But Cecil B. DeMille's original 1923 version, told in two parts and available on DVD for the first time in this multi-disc set, proves that Bad Movies have existed almost since the dawn of film. The first part of the silent version tells the familiar story of Moses and the Pharaoh, with astounding special effects for such an early film. But the second half, a "morality tale" in which one man violates ALL TEN COMMANDMENTS (and pays a wonderfully hokey high price for doing so) is a priceless example of Silent Era Preaching at It's Hysterical Best. For the price of a single bad film, this set gives you TWO BAD MOVIES!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moorlock2003 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 7:37am
Bloated biblical hogwash, that. I'm more excited about the August release SNAKES ON A PLANE.
Fred Cooper
e_bravob View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote e_bravob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 5:38am
 well I think that this movie Is one of my clasic favourites, It's a shame that you cualifique this way this movie, I just love It.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 2:25pm
I'll take the 1923 version because you don't have to deal with the hokey
dialogue ("Oh Moses, Moses, Moses, you adorable fool...")
 Post Reply Post Reply