Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Events, Announcements & Activities > SNEAK PIQUE: LIKELY 2006 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

14 Films Made 2 Order...for US!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Martman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 14 Films Made 2 Order...for US!
    Posted: March 04 2006 at 3:28pm

Hold on, hold on...

Snakes on planes??? Can't wait to see this shmovie... LOL!!!

Too bad George Kennedy is not playing in this one...they could have renamed the film Airport '07, or something...

deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 10:35pm
It's not bad enough that trailers give away the whole movie. Now titles give away the whole movie! I bet you're going to get morons who go up to the box office counter and ask "What's 'Snakes on a Plane' about?"
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
ww6511 View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote ww6511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 9:54am

If everyone wants to know.....

Snakes on a Plane is now titled S.O.A.P. or SOAP. How craptastic.

ww6511 View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote ww6511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 9:58am

I guess the only thing on the plane isn't snakes anymore.

I can imagine it now: Bars of soap flying after people.

Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 12:21pm

I think a whole book could be writen how Hollywood has become Horrorwood  in the past 10 yrs. .   I go to  the video store and all I see are remakes of bad horror movies and old classics that weren't all that great.     Now  we have a big budget movie being made about snakes on a plane?   I bet they get rid of the bad guys and the snakes by feeding them peanuts!   

I would also like to gripe about judging a movie by it's gross reciepts.   Gone With The Wind  cost my mom 10 cents to see and it was the highest grossing  film, untill Star Wars came along.  I paid $3 to take my wife and 2kids to see Star Wars  at a drive-in!   The Chronicles of Riddick cost us $18 plus a small fortune  in snacks.   Even with inflation, that's a  lot of popcorn!  

"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
Monay View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Monay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 7:00pm

MI3 will most likely stink.

As an FYI Tom Cruise is certainly NOT the biggest starr int he world. Actually I think Jackie Chan is one of the worlds biggest stars.

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Brierfox

I would also like to gripe about judging a movie by it's gross reciepts.   Gone With The Wind  cost my mom 10 cents to see and it was the highest grossing  film, untill Star Wars came along. 

Box Office Mojo presents a list of the all time box office adjusted for inflation: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

As you can see, Gone With The Wind comes out on top, and some of the modern big box office attractions don't do all that well. However, even that probably isn't a very accurate measure. In the 40's, people didn't have the option of renting a film when it came out on DVD, cable or television. Entertainment options other than radio didn't exist at all, so movies had a pretty strong monopoly. There probably isn't a truly valid way of compairing the popularity of movies from different decades.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Thomas View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Thomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 11:25am
I found another Movie that could be consider for A Razzie Nominations for Next year it's called Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector http://www.healthinspectorthemovie.com/
Chris View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 12:17pm

Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector!

We're talking about Get Bent... I mean Git R Dun, annoying as hell, least funny comedian working today. Nuff said! Here's your 2006 Worst Picture, Worst New Star, Worst Actor winners rolled all into one big fat turd of a movie!

On a scale of one to four , I give it

!!!

sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 10:20am
There's LITTLE MAN, starring Shawn and Marlon Wayans and directed by Keenan Ivory Wayans.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
ww6511 View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote ww6511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 1:37pm

Snakes on a Plane (SOAP) is surely the next B.O. bomb.

Apparently, the snakes will attack with bars of soap.

Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 2:36pm

I saw the movie trailer for "V-Vendeta",  it's set in the future but the hero fights with knives.   It reminded me of Zoro, but with an ugly mask.    It's based on a comic book?   Big deal!   "Sin City" was based on a comic book also and it had comic characters and stupid plot lines.      People went to see it for the special affects, felt nothing for the main characters;  and failed to recommend it to their friends. 

When criminals are treated as if they have something legitimate to say, and Dolly Parton sings about a pimp, you know something is rotten in Hollywood.

"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 2:03am
Sin City was one of the best comic book movies of all-time, got great reviews, and won several film critics awards ( Some of them were for *gasp* acting). V for Vendetta is also getting great reviews. Just saying.
jj View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote jj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 10:27am

You never know SOAP could e a surprise hit plus When I tend to underestimate movies they are actually the best films ive seen.

But I think BASIC INSTINCT 2 and SLITHER are two movies that will signify Crapolo

messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 5:27am
Yeah, what he said....

However, if Terry Gilliam's Tideland gets a domestic release, it's all over. NOTHING can be worse than that.

Gilliam has committed career suicide with that one.
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 2:53pm

I have to ask something from HeadRazz (And everyone else for that matter) When it comes to Mission Impossible 3, please see the movie before you put him on the ballot or vote for him. I don't like Tom Cruise and his current scientology dementia, but I have to admit, I've seen him give a good performance far more than a bad one. I think that although he's irritating, let's give him a fair chance to redeem himself for War of the Worlds. I like the film's cast and think it will be good

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>