Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Events, Announcements & Activities > SNEAK PIQUE: LIKELY 2006 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

14 Films Made 2 Order...for US!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 14 Films Made 2 Order...for US!
    Posted: January 22 2006 at 1:29pm
Just why are they remaking old classics? I mean, the original version of WAR OF THE WORLDS won a Oscar for its special effects...then a 3rd remake of KING KONG (deLaurentiis' 1976 remake was bad enough!) and then when Disney decided to remake the classic AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS, and it was a piece of crap...then what about remaking WILLIE WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY (for sure JOHHNY DEPP is as appealing to kids as CAPTAIN HOOK). I have a feeling that they're so doped up and drunk, they have lost the use of their brains!
chan_beat View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote chan_beat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 9:42pm
I heard of a Fast and Furious 3, takes place in Tokyo with Lil bow Wow!
Clayface9 View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Clayface9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 4:33am

<<Regardless of Cruise's box office behemoth status, the man hasn't made an even arguably good movie in years.>>

Collateral was good, arguably.

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 5:34am
It should probably also be mentioned that late this year, Tim Allen will be back for The Santa Clause 3.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
warlorde View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote warlorde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 5:56am

Sequelitis is sure going to strike this year.

Tony View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 12:36pm

So you say Tom Cruise hasn't been in a good film in years? Are you kidding me? Come on. You must have the worst taste in film in general if you dislike ALL of these films which came out in the past few years:

Minority Report, Magnolia, Vanilla Sky, Collateral, The Last Samurai, Eyes Wide Shut.

It is one thing  to have a bias against someone, something I have never really understood and do not have (although Paul Walker seems to be just terrible in general), but to say what you said is a tad extreme. I really don't understand how people can just say "I hate 'so and so!" I just don't get it...

Fred View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Fred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 6:35pm
...and the biggest jerk in the business, as well.!
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 5:31pm
Well, have you guys heard about what the Wachowski Brothers (Both of whom were Razzie nominated for Worst Director of 2003 for both THE MATRIX: RELOADED and THE MATRIX: REVOLUTION) are working on as producers, coming out in February? The film's called V FOR VENDETTA, and stars Natalie Portman (2002 Razzie Nominee for STAR WARS: EPISODE II: SEND IN THE CLONES) and the film is directed by first time director James McTeigue (who worked in production managements for STAR WARS EPISODE II and III and THE MATRIX TRILOGY). V FOR VENDETTA could possibly be a Razzie contender for 2006.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2006 at 3:34am
Originally posted by Tony

So you say Tom Cruise hasn't been in a good film in years? Are you kidding me? Come on. You must have the worst taste in film in general if you dislike ALL of these films which came out in the past few years:

Minority Report, Magnolia, Vanilla Sky, Collateral, The Last Samurai, Eyes Wide Shut.

I don't know how anyone could have made the point that Tom Cruise's career is in the toilet more forcefully than presenting that list

Vanilla Sky and Eyes Wide Shut just might qualify as two of the worst big budget films of the last 10 years.  Magnolia probably had the worst ending...raining frogs? How does anyone read a script which ends with a rain of frogs and think to themselves, "Wow, I HAVE to make THIS movie!" It blew.

The Last Samurai... Okay, I'll give you that one...I was able to sit through it without feeling like I needed a shower afterward.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2006 at 7:52am
OK man, like ZOOM looks like a Razzie contender. Yah, the film does star Tim Allen. I am quite surprised that he may be doing THE SANTA CLAUSE 3 later in the year. But the one film starring Tim Allen I find as a Razzie contender for this year is THE SHAGGY DOG. I find it just stupid, because the storyline of that film is about a man who gets transformed into a sheepdog. Put this one on the list for Razzie Contender for 2006. You can see the trailer for this movie at at www.imdb.com/title/tt0393735/trailers.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2006 at 3:17pm
Hey, if you guys want to see the trailer for V FOR VENDETTA, click here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434409/trailers
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2006 at 6:21pm
One happy thought, the remake of THE PERSUADERS with Steve Coogan and
Razzie Wannabee Ben Stiller has now been pushed back to 2007.

Proof that there is a God!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 4:17pm
Hey, have you guys heard that Berry Sonnenfeld is taking the director's seat for the first time since his disappointments WILD, WILD WEST (1999) and MEN IN BLACK II (2002) <Both films were Razzie contenders, WILD, WILD WEST won Worst Picture of 1999> His new film is called RV. The film was originally scheduled to be released in theaters March 24, but got pushed back to April 28. The film stars Robin Williams (HOUSE OF D), Cheryl Hines (HERBIE: FULLY LOADED), Jeff Daniels (GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK), Kristin Chenoweth (BEWITCHED), Josh Hutchinson (ZATHURA), and JoJo (who also has a film coming out in theaters in 2006 called AQUAMARINE). I'm not sure if this will be a Razzie contender, but, you never know.
Movie Man View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2006 at 10:33am
How about this movie, oh mighty Razzie king!

http://www.shestheman-themovie.com 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2006 at 3:58pm
Oh man, guys, how can we leave out BIG MOMMA'S HOUSE 2? That film is totally bad. I believe this is the film most likely to be this year's first Razzie contender for Worst Remake or Sequel.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2006 at 5:47pm
Anyways, if anyone of you guys wanna see the trailer for RV, click here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt00449089/trailers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>