Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Events, Announcements & Activities > SNEAK PIQUE: LIKELY 2006 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

14 Films Made 2 Order...for US!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 14 Films Made 2 Order...for US!
    Posted: April 13 2006 at 10:52am

The very fact that there is going to be a Mission Impossible 3 makes it a target. Lets face it; the first two were bad, and there is no reason to expect much of this installment. I'll grant one point: Tom Cruise has made a couple of movies I've liked. He has made several I haven't, and he has set himself up as a target with his own attitude and demeanor.

The day I start using Oprah's couch as a trampoline, giving out bad psychiatric advice with exactly as little expertise in the field as Cruise, if that is possible, and buying into a pyramid scheme "religion" that celebrates Martians, you can all take whatever shots you wish at me, too. I'll have it coming.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2006 at 7:28pm
There is no possible way MI:3 is going to be a good movie, which means it will be a box office smash since the American "sheeple" love mindless garbage (look who they voted for president).
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 2:40am

Sin City: Comic book characters, comic plots, dumb dialog, guns that never run out of ammo, people getting shot multiple times, people doing comic book stunts.  Yeah, kids love this stuff, but adults get bored and never go back for seconds.      Yes I know, it's called escapist entertainment, but do the directors, writers, and actors have to do such a bad job!    I like  comedies because they don't even pretend to be serious.  But serious movies aren't supposed to be so bad they are funny.

"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2006 at 5:41am

Has anyone seen the trailer or heard of a movie about a guy who falls for a "supergirl"?   I think it's called "super girl friend", the premis being she is too over the top and when he tries to break up, she gets revenge.    I don't know if it's a comedy or not, it sounds like my divorce many years ago, and that wasn't funny!

Response from Head RAZZberry: The film you're looking for is MY SUPER EX-GIRLFRIEND (starring Uma Thurman and Luke Wilson) for which I've seen lobby disdplays and a TV spot or two. I'm fairly sure it's supposed to be a comedy, but it looks doofy enough that it might be a RAZZIE Contender as well...

Loi13 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Loi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 10:56pm

Tom Cruise should not have been nominated for one of the worst actors.  There have been studies to prove that he is the most powerful actor in the world.  He even topped Oprah. 

Everyone should seriously get off of Tom Cruise's case.

I really don't think American Dreamz should've made the list.  It's a good comedy.

Loi13 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Loi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 10:57pm
I can't believe American Dreamz made the list but not Take the Lead.  That was a much worse movie.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Loi13

Tom Cruise should not have been nominated for one of the worst actors.  There have been studies to prove that he is the most powerful actor in the world.  He even topped Oprah. 

Everyone should seriously get off of Tom Cruise's case.

I really don't think American Dreamz should've made the list.  It's a good comedy.

There have been studies that indicate that something on the order of 20 million people believe that they have been kidnapped by aliens at least once in their lives. If it were happening that often, I think more of us would notice. I would also offer that 51% of the voting electorate selected George Bush. Someone, I believe it was good ole Ben Franklin once quipped, "If a million people believe a stupid idea, it is still stupid."

I don't have the first clue just what signficance being "the most powerful actor in the world" coveys, but all in all, I'd rather be a member of the '69 Cubs.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 5:31am
Lest we forget, 50% of the American people now think Saddam had something to do with 9/11, and 40% think they have mental telepathy. People can be fooled by bad hype and bad  "news" reporting. The proof is all around us.  If you think Tom Cruise is a great actor, you're wrong: he is good sometimes, mediocre sometimes, but great?  No!, Compared to truly great actors like Paul Newman, Gregory Peck, and Jimmy Stewart, he doesn't even belong in actors school!    What he and his company are good at is promoting him as a salable commodity in a very dirty, competitive biz. While some will argue that old time Hollywood was no better, it must be said that the old studio system produced some of the greatest films of all time. The modern movies we love to make fun of are not "B" movies, they are intended to be mainstream "A list" movies. And for that reason, we laugh...
messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 2:14pm
Cruise has had some genuinely great performances, most notably in "Magnolia." I have no problems with him in front of the camera.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 4:54pm
I wouldn't call Cruise's performance in Magnolia  "great" for two reasons: 1) It was a very small part ...and 2) It was (IMHO) a dreadful movie. Not Razzie bad, perhaps, but a certifiable piece of pap; one of those movies intended to make critics drool, and it failed even at that. I would agree with Brierfox...Cruise has turned in some good performances, but I've yet to see him really stretch his capabilities sufficiently enough, or often enough, to come close to qualifying to rank among the all-time greats.
Queen_of_Toad View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 5:36pm

I would go for "Snakes on a Plane". Not only because I have snake phobia (therefore I have no intentions to see the film nor to read anything about it). But what else could it be except for replacing snakes with terrorists? So dumb!

And please: Give Crui$emeister his worst actor award THIS time.  It's OVERDUE! Let's face it: When you hire Crui$e you get Crui$emeister.

Please, forgive my poor English. It's not my native language.
Queen_of_Toad View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2006 at 8:20pm

Speedy, are you trolling the Razzie boards now? Or is it another clam handler? [PUKE EMOTICON]

Originally posted by Tony

So you say Tom Cruise hasn't been in a good film in years? Are you kidding me? Come on. You must have the worst taste in film in general if you dislike ALL of these films which came out in the past few years:

Minority Report, Magnolia, Vanilla Sky, Collateral, The Last Samurai, Eyes Wide Shut.

It is one thing  to have a bias against someone, something I have never really understood and do not have (although Paul Walker seems to be just terrible in general), but to say what you said is a tad extreme. I really don't understand how people can just say "I hate 'so and so!" I just don't get it...

Please, forgive my poor English. It's not my native language.
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2006 at 4:49am

It's now December 1, 2006 and, looking back on the 14 titles I chose to list last January, I think it had some pretty good guess-timates. Most of what's now being talked about as 2006's Berry Worst made the list.

I'll admit not listing LITTLE MAN was an oversight, but 11 months ago, the world was a much better place...because absolutely no one was discussing that film.

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Budgieboy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Budgieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2006 at 9:35pm

On my nominating ballot, I am mainly going to attack Garfield 2 and Santa Claus 3. They have poisoned young kids' minds with the originals, and now they are poisoning them again with sequels. They are also poisoning older kids with movies like Material Girls, causing the "plastic generation." So, when you vote to nominate movies, think of little kids exposed to too many fart jokes.

Please, do it for the kids!

A friend in need is a bloody nuisence
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456