Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > HALLOWEEN, TOO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

#2 ALL OVER AGAIN...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #2 ALL OVER AGAIN...
    Posted: August 29 2009 at 4:53am

What's so weird about it? Both movies are just excuses for studios to sucker more money from of fans of the two series. Of course their quality's gonna suck!   

Originally posted by moviewizguy

You know what's so weird? Currently, H2 has a 15% on RT, and TFD 3-D has a 29%. The former is trying to do something new, while the latter wants to be the same as the other three. It's just weird.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Headbanger14 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Headbanger14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2009 at 4:49pm
Let's just pray to God that this is the end of this Halloween "series". The original John Carpeneter film was brilliant. The rest after that were fairly mediocre, but they're nothing compared to these Rob Zombie remakes.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 6:04pm
Neither of the aforementioned films are trying to do anything "new."
-Iron helps us play-
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2009 at 12:44pm
Well, now that we're slowly settling into Metacritic, this film actually has almost the same rating as the original remake: 46. That is not bad at all. I'm definitely interested in this movie.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2009 at 4:48pm

Well, now that we're slowly settling into Metacritic, this film actually has almost the same rating as the original remake: 46. That is not bad at all. I'm definitely interested in this movie.

Well, that's good for you. You know me, 46 is considered an F. Enjoy it, as I'm sure you will.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2009 at 6:10am
46 is not considered an F. That site has 3 colors: Red, yellow, and green. Green is rated between 60-100, yellow is 40-59, and red is 0-39. Yellow is not an F. If it is an F, then anything below 70 is an F but the 60-69 part is considered GREEN, which is considered generally positive.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2009 at 5:49pm

As I have said before, I go about the RT and MC ratings as most people do with school grades. Unless the grades have changed over the years (like apparently the GPA standards have) they are as follows:

100-90 = A,

90-80= B,

80-70 = C,

70-60 = D,

60 and below = F.

Thus, 46 is an F -- hence this movie is not worth my viewing. But, hey enjoy, the movie, as we all know you will.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2009 at 9:38am

IMO, I think that's an incredibly silly standard. I do stress the words "incredibly" and "silly." You simply cannot convert R.T. numbers to   to letter grades. If society followed your standards, you'd probably get, in the whole year of 2009, maybe 1 or 2 A's, a couple of B's, many C's...and everything else "failing." Even the Best Picture winner Gladiator only got a 64, which is, by your standard, an almost failing grade of D. Up in the Air currently has an 83, which you would equate to a C. You just can't have standards like that...but that's just my two cents. 

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2009 at 4:14pm

IMO, I think that's an incredibly silly standard. I do stress the words "incredibly" and "silly." You simply cannot convert R.T. numbers to   to letter grades. If society followed your standards, you'd probably get, in the whole year of 2009, maybe 1 or 2 A's, a couple of B's, many C's...and everything else "failing." Even the Best Picture winner Gladiator only got a 64, which is, by your standard, an almost failing grade of D. Up in the Air currently has an 83, which you would equate to a C. You just can't have standards like that...but that's just my two cents. 

Well, hey, we each think of the other as silly. Me and my converting RT ratings into school grades, you giving every movie here a 6 to 9 out of 10 rating, etc.

By the way, if "Up in the Air" is 83, that's a B average. As for "Gladiator", well, "Traffic" or "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" should have won that year.
LBSOfficial View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote LBSOfficial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 2:04pm
I agree truly! Thank God I skipped this in theaters, and caught it at a friend's house on Blu-ray. It BLOWS big time! Possibly the worst film to be remade from a sequel, or it that a sequel remade from a remake, or maybe...AW WHO CARES!

RAZZ this one guys!
“Why should people go out and pay to see bad films when they can stay home and see bad television for nothing?" - Samuel Goldwyn
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 2:45pm
How did Rob Zombie's Halloween part 1 miss the nominations for Worst Excuse for a Horror Movie in 2007? I wanted to see this one get nominated for Worst Director for Rob Zombie, but another category will have to suffice.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

How did Rob Zombie's Halloween part 1 miss the nominations for Worst Excuse for a Horror Movie in 2007? I wanted to see this one get nominated for Worst Director for Rob Zombie, but another category will have to suffice.

There's actually quite a few people who liked the first movie, myself included.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2010 at 5:45pm

There's actually quite a few people who liked the first movie, myself included.
Key word in that sentance: "FEW".
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2010 at 7:35pm
After watching this from Netflix, I can certifiably say that there is no legitimate reason for movies to like this to be made. Hollywood's only "reason" to excrete crap like this from their studios is to make money. Audiences with half a brain cell in their heads have no reason to expose themselves to this s**t except to spend money(if they're trying to improve the economy or whatever). 

There is a legion of Rob Zombie fans who try to jump through moral hoops in an attempt to defend this for it's unique "vision" or "style", and some will just say that I should at least admire it for its willingness to be what it is. I could, but when a movie is audacious, it should at least have payoff, and this doesn't have it. It is simply cynical, mean-spirited, ugly, and depressing jive with no redeeming value.

There are critics who are saying the same thing about Last House on the Left because of its unrelenting violence. I would agree that the violence is graphic and unsettling, but I would defend that movie, given that the violence is all justified, and that it's trying to make a point about the moral cost of violence. It was above all, a commentary on revenge and morality. While Last House on the Left is conceived with practicality and idealism, Halloween II is conceived with deprived virtue and cynicism.

The movie's basic story is pretty much the same as every other movie Rob Zombie has done: Despicable, low-life, white trash hicks do despicable, low-life things, and get murdered. The End. Don't think this is like the Final Destination or Friday the 13th flicks where the selling point is the macabre humor and spectacularly stylish deaths, because there is none of that in this one. Every character dies in a way that was executed at some point or another in an earlier slasher film. It's just disgusting and pointless.

Also, given that this is supposed to be an "original" film, there's just about every horror movie cliche in the book, thus ridding any suspense as to who dies. Anyone who has seen horror movies(or at least Scream) should know that two people getting ready to fornicate are gonna get skewered. When a guy says, "I'll be right back", it's likely to be the last thing he says. Or a woman is about to take a shower, she will be a goner at some point shortly beforehand, during, or afterwards.

My friends, I could go on all day about why you should avoid this movie at all costs and  that Rob Zombie is a one-trick-pony and how I expect to see it all over the Razzie noms next month, but hopefully you get the point with the rant I've written so far.

ATTENTION PARENTS: If you come across teens who claim they enjoyed this movie, don't let them hang out with your children.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2010 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by movieman

After watching this from Netflix, I can certifiably say that there is no legitimate reason for movies to like this to be made. Hollywood's only "reason" to excrete crap like this from their studios is to make money. Audiences with half a brain cell in their heads have no reason to expose themselves to this s**t except to spend money(if they're trying to improve the economy or whatever). 
Thank you, thank you so very much! That is what I've been trying to explain about all these horror movie sequels and remakes. But sadly, there are some "members" of this forum who just don't get it. 
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2010 at 8:50pm
I like Rob Zombie in general, to be honest. I didn't mind the first Halloween, although I probably would today, on principle alone. I haven't seen this one, and I don't really feel the need to. I know people who like just about anything who thought this one was crap.
But yea, Michaels and I, at least have been making the "money" argument for a while now.
-Iron helps us play-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>