Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > HALLOWEEN, TOO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

#2 ALL OVER AGAIN...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #2 ALL OVER AGAIN...
    Posted: August 25 2009 at 10:27am

FRANKLY, WE FIND the IDEA THAT SOMEONE THINKS THERE's an AUDIENCE for THIS KIND of MINDLESS, POINTLESS, GUT-SPEWING GORE WAY MORE SCARY THAN HALLOWEEN 2 ITSELF CAN EVER HOPE to BE.

SCARIER STILL, THERE PROBABLY IS an AUDIENCE for IT -- JUST NOT ANYONE WE'D CARE to SPEND EVEN 5 MINUTES TRYING to HAVE a CONVERSATION WITH.

WHETHER YOU AGREE with US or NOT, FEEL FREE to ARGUE YOUR CASE BELOW. EITHER WAY, WE GLADLY ADMIT WE HAVE NO INTENTION of SUBJECTING OURSELVES to GARBAGE LIKE THIS...

"No, no, no! I'm Michael Myers, not Mike Myers. I'm here to scare the sh*t out of people, not bore the sh*t out of them..."

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 10:35am
The premiere was yesterday and someone on IMDb posted some reactions from some people. The reactions seem split in half. Half loving it and the other half hating it even more than the first. 2 negative reviews (3/10 each) are posted online: http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_16267.html

Considering I liked the first film (I'm probably in the minority), I was planning to was TFD this week and H2 next week. I can't watch 2 movies in one weekend.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 10:36am
For the second time in about 5 minutes, I'll type this phrase: Count me out.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
JoeBoyden View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBoyden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 10:58am
I have no intention of seeing this movie.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 12:02pm

You and just about everyone else who values their hard earned money...or has common sense!  

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 12:25pm
I really liked the Rob Zombie version of "Halloween". I thought it was a psychological take on the evolution of Myers, but I say it was much better developed than John Carpenter's (I still like his as well - they were both three-and-a-half-to-four-star movies)
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 1:12am

Some might agree with you, both many people prefer Carpenter's overall filmmaking style of the original over Zombie's "Michael Myers was white trash all along" storyline.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 3:29am
The bottom line is that when Carpenter did the original Halloween, it was something new and fresh we hadn't seen on the screen before (it even won praise from Siskell and Ebert on their quaint little PBS show At The Movies). Even though the original wasn't all that graphic, it had the unfortunate, unintended consequence of launching the "slasher film" genre, which quickly spiraled out of control...and effectively killed the horror genre.  
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Gregory View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 8:51am

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

For the second time in about 5 minutes, I'll type this phrase: Count me out.

Count me out, too. I think I'll finally check GI Joe.

Anyway, still not a single review at RT for either Halloween II or Final Destination (Taking Woodstock already has over 40 reviews).

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 9:57am
They aren't showing this film to the critics...in other words, they think they are "critic proof." I mean, let's be honest, those hardcore fans out there really won't give a *bleep* if a critic gives this film a negative review. But if they do give the movie positive reviews, that's always a plus.
tomsmo35 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 12:18pm
 I probably won't see either Halloween II or Final Destination. I will probably see either D9 or Inglorious Basterds
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2009 at 1:51am

Sadly, the thing about fans seeing them no matter what is true. As for positive reviews ... HA!

My guess: RT ratings of 30% - 40%...if they are lucky!

Originally posted by moviewizguy

They aren't showing this film to the critics...in other words, they think they are critic proof. I mean, let's be honest, those hardcore fans out there really won't give a *bleep* if a critic gave these films negative review. But if they do give these movies positive reviews, that's always a plus.

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2009 at 8:08am

I liked the first one up to a point. But I just don't feel like we needed another, especially with all of the sequels that we already have and don't need these days. 

-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2009 at 8:39am
SPOILER ALERT:
Yeah. Rob Zombie really didn't want to make a sequel, because there was a lot of rushing while making the first film. This was why he killed Michael Myers at the end of the first film with a bullet in the head.   Many months later, however, he reconsidered the idea of making a sequel, after the dust had settled over the rushed production on the first flick.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2009 at 3:12pm
Yes, I'm sure any director would reconsider the idea of making a sequel after the studio throws piles upon piles of money at you to do it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2009 at 3:04am

You know what's so weird? Currently, H2 has a 15% on RT, and TFD 3-D has a 29%. The former is trying to do something new, while the latter wants to be the same as the other three. It's just weird.

H2 is now rated even lower than the first, when the first was 50% a retelling and 50% backstory. Now this film is 100% original, which still doesn't mean it's good all of the time...  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>