Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Entire RAZZIE® History, Year-by-Year: 1980-2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2001 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2001 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"
    Posted: November 17 2010 at 1:16pm
I haven't seen the producers listed since like 1999! 

Originally posted by Vits

Since there aren't technical categories here, then let's leave that to the director. If a movie is bad as whole, I say let's blame the producers.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: If you'll check, you'll see that, like the Oscars®, do for Best Picture, when we list the nominees by name for Worst Picture, it is the producers who are cited...
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2011 at 2:58pm
I just saw BLOW again,and gave it 5/10.I don't feel Penelope Cruz deserved a nomination.Or should I watch the other 2 movies as well?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2011 at 3:59pm
This might be a stupid question, but didn't a bunch of people like Blow and Vanilla Sky? Unless Penelope happened to be bad in both of them, but I haven't seen either to tell.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2011 at 4:16pm
That moreso applies to Blow. There were a small handful of people who liked Vanilla Sky, but if they didn't, chances are they don't remember it, but I wouldn't say Vanilla Sky was THAT beloved.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2011 at 7:52pm

Although some people like "Vanilla Sky" (mostly for the scene where Tom Cruise running through an empty Times Square ... for whatever reason), most people prefer "Open Your Eyes", the Spanish movie that the movie is based off of, and also starred Penelope Cruz.

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2011 at 10:11am
A little late, but thanks. You, too! 
Jennifar View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jennifar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2011 at 9:46am
That's something she and Megan Fox have in common. They were both hired because they are easy on the eyes, but neither of them, you can better understand.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2011 at 1:21pm
But,except in this case,Penelope is considered a great actress.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2011 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Vits

But,except in this case,Penelope is considered a great actress.
Yeah, Miss Cruz can act, as well as look great naked.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2012 at 1:04am
2001. Agent 001 was only referenced in the book Doubleshot, which has yet to be adapted into a film.Here's my take more concisely...

Films that should've gotten RAZZed, but didn't: 3
Monkeybone
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
The Animal

Films that got RAZZed, but (maybe) shouldn't have: 3
Blow
Jurassic Park III
Vanilla Sky

Films that got RAZZed to the wrong degree: 0

Worst Trends/Events of 2001:
V. The rise of teen gross-out comedies (Ex. Saving Silverman, Tomcats, Joe Dirt)
IV. A hike in heist films, but not all of them were good (Bandits was good, 3,000 Miles to Graceland and Swordfish were bad)
III. Dinos and apes done wrong, but not Godzilla or King Kong (Planet of the Apes [remake], Jurassic Park III were released less than a month apart. One was a sequel, the other a remake.)
II. A double shot of video game films, one of which bankrupted Square Pictures (Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within)
I. A rash of cutbacks following the September 11 terrorist attack (Glitter could've been a lot tamer had it not been released just weeks after 9/11!)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2013 at 11:13am
This episode includes Worst Picture nominee PEARL HARBOR (at the beginning), and, Worst Remake/Sequel nominee JURASSIC PARK III (skip to 05:05):

Any thoughts?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2014 at 2:07pm
My review of Worst Picture winner FREDDY GOT FINGERED (skip to 09:14):

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12