Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Entire RAZZIE® History, Year-by-Year: 1980-2012
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2003 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2003 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"
    Posted: December 04 2005 at 4:43pm

24th Annual RAZZIE®  Awards (for 2003)

Presented at The Four Points by Sheraton Hotel, February 28, 2003

"Winners" are Denoted in Bold Face

WORST PICTURE

CAT-IN-THE HAT (Universal/Dreamworks/Imagine)
CHARLIE'S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE (Columbia)
FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY (20th Century-Fox)
GIGLI (Columbia/Revolution)
THE REAL CANCUN (New Line)

WORST ACTOR

Ben Affleck / DAREDEVIL, GIGLI and PAYCHECK
Cuba Gooding, Jr. / BOAT TRIP, FIGHTING TEMPTATIONS and RADIO
Justin Guarini / FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY
Ashton Kutcher / CHEAPER by the DOZEN, JUST MARRIED
and MY BOSS'S DAUGHTER
Mike Myers / THE CAT-IN-THE-HAT

WORST ACTRESS

Drew Barrymore / CHARLIE'S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE and DUPLEX
Cameron Diaz / CHARLIE'S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE
Kelly Clarkson / FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY
Angelina Jolie / BEYOND BORDERS
and LARA CROFT TOMB RAIDER: THE CRADLE of LIFE
Jennifer Lopez / GIGLI

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Anthony Anderson / KANGAROO JACK
Alec Baldwin / THE CAT-IN-THE-HAT
Al Pacino / GIGLI
Sylvester Stallone (Whose 5 Roles Could Have Filled This ENTIRE Category!) SPY KIDS 3-D: GAME OVER
Christopher Walken / GIGLI and KANGAROO JACK

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Lanie Kazan / GIGLI
Demi Moore / CHARLIE'S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE
Kelly Preston / THE CAT-IN-THE-HAT
Brittany Murphy / JUST MARRIED
Tara Reid / MY BOSS'S DAUGHTER

WORST SCREEN COUPLE

Ben Affleck & Jennifer Lopez / GIGLI
Eric Christian Olsen & Derek Richardson / DUMB AND DUMBERER
Justin Guarini & Kelly Clarkson / FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY
Ashton Kutcher &
EITHER Brittany Murphy (JUST MARRIED)
or Tara Reid (MY BOSS's DAUGHTER)
Mike Myers &
EITHER Thing One OR Thing Two / THE CAT-IN-THE-HAT

WORST EXCUSE for an ACTUAL MOVIE (All Concept/No Content!) (New Category)

2 FAST, 2 FURIOUS
THE CAT-IN-THE-HAT
CHARLIE'S ANGLES: FULL THROTTLE
FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY
THE REAL CANCUN

WORST REMAKE or SEQUEL

2 FAST, 2 FURIOUS
CHARLIE'S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE
DUMB & DUMBERER: WHEN HARRY MET LLOYD
FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY (
Remake of WHERE THE BOYS ARE ‘60 and WHERE THE BOYS ARE ‘84)
TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE

WORST DIRECTOR

Martin Brest / GIGLI
Robert Iscove / FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY
Mort Nathan / BOAT TRIP
T
he Wachowski Brothers / Both MATRIX Sequels
Bo Welch / THE CAT-IN-THE-HAT

WORST SCREENPLAY

THE CAT-IN-THE-HAT, Screenplay by Alec Berg, David Mandel and Jeff Schaffer
CHARLIE'S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE, Screenplay by John August and
Cormac & Marianne Wibberley, “Story” by August
DUMB AND DUMBERER, Screenplay by Robert Brener and Troy Miller, “Story” by Brener
FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY, Written by Kim Fuller
GIGLI, Written by Martin Brest

SPECIAL GOVERNOR's AWARD for UNDER ACHIEVEMENT in CHOREOGRAPHY

Travis Payne/FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY

NOMINATIONS PER PICTURE:

GIGLI – 9 Nominations, 6 "Wins" (Worst Picture, Actor, Actress, Screen Couple, Screenplay and DIrector)
CAT-IN-THE-HAT – 8 Nominations, 1 "Win" (Worst Excuse for an Actual Movie)
FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY – 8 Nominations, 1 Governor's Award
CHARLIE'S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE - 7 Nominations, 2  "Wins" (Worst Supporting Actress and Worst Sequel) 

HISTORIC NOTE: GIGLI was the first film ever to "sweep" ALL SIX TOP RAZZIE® CATEGORIES...

©2004, Golden Raspberry Award Foundation and John Wilson  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2010 at 3:23pm

Anthony Anderson?! I thought he was hilarious! 

I also disagree about Cuba Gooding Jr's movies(except RADIO). And DUMB & DUMBERER should've won!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2010 at 4:09pm
You hit 23 films for Double-O-Three. Throwing out Radio, The Matrix Reloaded, and The Matrix Revolutions, I've ordered the other 20 films from tamest to worst:

20. Duplex
19. Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over
18. Cheaper By the Dozen
17. The Fighting Temptations
16. My Boss' Daughter
15. Beyond Borders
14. Daredevil
13. Just Married
12. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre [remake]
11. 2 Fast, 2 Furious
10. Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life
9. Paycheck
8. Boat Trip
7. Kangaroo Jack
6. Dumb & Dumber'er: When Harry Met LLoyd
5. The Real Cancun
4. Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
3. From Justin to Kelly
2. The Cat in the Hat
1. Gigli
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2010 at 4:54pm
THE FIGHTING TEMPTATIONS is #17, instead of #1?!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2010 at 8:28pm
I gave CAT IN THE HAT 40%. It's true that they exagerated with the PG themes, but that makes it less true to the source, not less funny.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I have to disagree, and confess that CAT IN THE HAT, alarmingly "loosely based" on a children's classic from my childhood, was one of the worst kids' movies I've ever seen. Since it takes all of 4.5 minutes to read the book, of course they had to stretch out and elaborate on the original material to make a feature length film -- But in doing so, I would argue, they completely disrespected their source. The elements of sexual innuendo, the cameo by Paris Hilton and the overall tone of cloying/annoying pandering to what they seemed to assume was an audience of ADD-addled idiots, all combined for one of the most memorably awful movie-going experiences of my life. 

Other than that... 

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2010 at 5:11pm
Yeah, I remember they released a new book of "Cat in the Hat" based on the movie, and it was NOTHING like the original book, besides the two kids being bored and the CITH showing up to entertain them.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2010 at 1:43pm
I just saw MY BOSS'S DAUGHTER and gave it 3/10. It deserved to "win" Worst Screen Couple. Tara Reid wasn't in the movie enough, but based on what I saw, if she had been given more screentime, she'd have been bad enough to be razzed. Ashton Kutcher wasn't great in this (nor in CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN) but I found him far from bad. And I thought he was actually good in JUST MARRIED. 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2010 at 9:49am
Yeah, nothing was going to top "Gigli" in 2003. Between the overhype about the romance of "Bennifer" (and the fact that their movie was stupid on every level) "My Boss's Daughter" didn't stand a chance!  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2010 at 9:43am
Brittany Murphy relied too much on the "Whisper when sad" technique, which became her trademark. Did she deserve the nomination? Well,she wasn't awful. But "Worst Couple"? The two had chemistry!

JUST MARRIED is very funny,but it's an insult to the intelligence. I know sh*t about relationships, but I know more than the script writer. It's true that arguments and fights aren't the same thing, and that married couples argue a lot but don't fight a lot. In the movie the characters fight, then they make it seem like arguments, and that's it.

I give it 5/10.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2010 at 5:26pm
Yeah, but Kutcher & Murphy were annoying, and had little to work with in this crappy script.
Jennifar View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jennifar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 4:33am
Yes, you are right to some extent...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 10:41am

1) What does the category "Worst Excuse for an Actual Movie" mean?

2) Shouldn't THE CAT IN THE HAT be listed as a Remake/Sequel too?

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 10:50pm
1. Basically, "Worst Excuse for an Actual Movie" was for stupid ideas that went horribly wrong because they were stupid ideas. Or as the subtitle says, "all concept without any actual content."   

2. Not really, since it was an adaptation (if you can even call it that), not a remake or sequel to an original movie.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2010 at 3:40am
Paris Hilton should've been nominated for worst supporting actress instead of Kelly Preston.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2010 at 7:50am
Isn't an "adaptation" a remake?  

I know I said I didn't hate CAT IN THE HAT, but the main reason I thought it was bad anyway (and most of the people did) is because it had barely anything to do with the book. It deserved to win this! 

Originally posted by oiram

Paris Hilton should've been nominated for worst supporting actress instead of Kelly Preston.

For what?  
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2010 at 9:00am
Didn't you read HeadRazz's response? He said that Hilton had a cameo in Cat in the Hat.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>