Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > Entire RAZZIE® History, Year-by-Year: 1980-2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2003 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2003 RAZZIE® Nominees & "Winners"
    Posted: May 12 2013 at 6:18pm
VITS, though I do agree J LO has hardly any acting talent, I thought she did "okay" in that biopic of Selena. Is that worth anything? LOL
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 7:30pm
I'm sure most people will tell you that they prefer GRINCH over CAT. While Carrey didn't play the character like he was in the books (which is the script writers' fault), he still did a good job overall. Unlike Myers, who has a hard time coming out of his comfort zone and basically played the same character he always plays.
Originally posted by moviecritic1994

VITS, though I do agree J LO has hardly any acting talent, I thought she did "okay" in that biopic of Selena. Is that worth anything? LOL
I haven't seen it. Maybe it could change my opinion on her?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 7:32pm
I've heard people say Jennifer Lopez was good in Out of Sight.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 4:09pm
I haven't seen that one either. Damn!

OK, so pre-2000 J-Lo is a good actress, and post-2000 is a bad one?
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 9:51pm
Apparently yes VITS lol weird but true.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
rushmore View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rushmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2014 at 12:29am
I don't see The Room

what a robbery! 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2014 at 1:13pm
THE ROOM was barely seen (and heard of) during its theatrical run.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2014 at 6:46pm
To oiram: Even though I haven't seen Out of Sight yet, I don't think it could've gotten such critical acclaim without a good performance from Jennifer Lopez. She, Steven Soderbergh, and George Clooney obviously did a good job with it because it got 93% approval rating at Rotten T, several award accolades, and 9th place on the Retro Top 40 Movies of '998.

To Vits and moviecritic1994: To someone with less familiarity with American cinema history than me, it would seem weird that J-Lo was great before Y2K and terrible after Y2K. For me, it's basic knowledge. As I've told many people here, 2000 and the New Millennium set a new low in the mode-average quality of cinema, and with the exception of my annual Top 40 lists, most years from 1950 to 1999 in film were better than the best year since January 1, 2000. Adam Sandler is another adequate example. He may not have stood out THAT far as great in the 1990s, but in the autumn of 2000, critics derided Little Nicky as the nadir of his career at the time, and I can credit the RAZZIEs in that Little Nicky was Adam Sandler's first film to really deserve our nominations. More than 3/4 of what Sandler has done since New Millennium's Day has very well earned our awards, nominations, and consideration. An exception is how Punch-Drunk Love met the good qualifications and made it to 40th place on the Top 40 Films of '002 (out of a pool of about 300 films to choose from).

To rushmore: The problem with The Room was that it was an independent film, in contrast to Gigli, The Cat in the Hat, From Justin to Kelly, Dumb and Dumber'er: When Harry Met LLoyd, Kangaroo Jack, and Boat Trip, which were all major Hollywood wide releases. Even The Haunted Mansion was considered for the Worst of 2003 RAZZIES because it had more Hollywood anchoring than The Room. Limited releases will get RAZZIE nominations occasionally, such as Piranha 3DD and Atlas Shrugged Part 2, but even they were better known and had more Hollywood backing than The Room or Birdemic: Shock and Terror.
rushmore View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rushmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2014 at 10:28am
That's not an excuse, other dark/unknown/independent films were nominated 

They could've nominated it the next year when they celebrated their 25th anniversary. What are these awards for if they don't reward movies like this?
rushmore View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rushmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2014 at 8:32pm
I saw the movie Gigli, and I found it very offensive to mentally ill people and gay women! Gosh, two movies where Ben Affleck has the superpower to turn a lesbian into straight is way too much 

The ONLY thing I liked about it was Justin Bartha, Thank God he wasn't nominated
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123