Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2005 / 26th RAZZIES® POLLS > POLL: Did We Get 'Em Right This year...or NOT?!?!?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2005 "winners"How Berry Right (or WRONG)?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which of These "Winners" Makes You Berry Maddest (if any)???
Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[1.19%]
[7.14%]
[1.79%]
[0.60%]
[17.26%]
[1.19%]
[43.45%]
[3.57%]
[1.19%]
[0.00%]
[22.62%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2005 "winners"How Berry Right (or WRONG)?
    Posted: March 03 2006 at 5:39am
Here's YOUR chance to express your opinion of this year's RAZZIE Choices. Can't believe we RAZZed Tom Cruise? Like Hayden Christensen (or just thought he was "cute") in STAR WARS: WHO GIVES A SITH??  Wish Burt Reynolds had "won" instead of Christensen? Think Jessica's just as obnoxious as Paris??? LET US KNOW — And if your gripes aren't covered by the poll, feel free to POST your thoughts below...
Bookworm View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bookworm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 3:05pm
I may not agree completely with one or two winners, but that's okay.  How could I be upset with the results when Hayden Christensen, Paris Hilton, and Tom Cruise are winners?
SManBeyond View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote SManBeyond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 3:16pm
All right, so Paris Hilton's no Nicole Kidman when it comes to acting, but Jessica Simpson TOTALLY deserved the "Worst Supporting Actress" category. Her "performance" takes bad acting to a whole new level.

And "Deuce Bigalow" or "Dukes of Hazzard" should have won for "Worst" Picture, if only for the reason that both of those films were released nationwide for our "enjoyment" and polluted our theaters, while "Dirty Love" was (wisely) strictly in limited release, preventing its poison from being promoted.

I'm fine with the rest of those choices...of those two complaints, I'd say the "Worst Picture" choice upsets me more...
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 3:25pm
Even though I voted that the votes came out as perfect...I was disappointed that there wasn't a tie for TomKat and Tom Cruise for Most Tiresome Tabloid Target...
Maike View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Maike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 5:16pm

I am a little upset about Hayden... Thanks  a lot, Razzie, for not making him Worst leading actor - I see that if you can't give him a break with you wooden sense of humour you have  at least enough brains to be not so bad for him    Thanks ALOT!

messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 12:45am
Lars Von Trier didn't get even nominated for "Dear Wendy" which was clearly the worst script of the year. You guys should be ashamed.
Starman View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Starman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 3:58am

I am still shocked and appalled that "Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy" didn't score a nomination for Worst Picture.  I haven't seen an audience so bored since Batman and Robin. 

More impressively, it pulled off the impossible feat of being incomprehensible to Douglas Adams neophytes (FAR too many in-jokes) while still changing so much from the spirit and humor of the books as to make the movie intolerable for Douglas Adams fans.

Starman
Robertin View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Robertin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 5:02am

The awards, in my humble opinion, were fairly given. Considering the sorry state of mainstream cinema in 2005, the choices were not easy.

While it´s true that "Dukes of Hazzard" deserved a greater share of awards, i must admit that something as ludicrous as "Dirty Love" must never go unnoticed.

FlyersBabe View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote FlyersBabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 6:59am
Originally posted by Starman

I am still shocked and appalled that "Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy" didn't score a nomination for Worst Picture.  I haven't seen an audience so bored since Batman and Robin. 

More impressively, it pulled off the impossible feat of being incomprehensible to Douglas Adams neophytes (FAR too many in-jokes) while still changing so much from the spirit and humor of the books as to make the movie intolerable for Douglas Adams fans.

God bless you.....I *loved* HGTTG and I thought this "movie" was an absolute mess on toast. Ugh. I highly recommend anyone going out and either renting or buying the British TV versions. *Much* better adaptation.

And Adams was supposed to have endorsed that script before he died?!? I find that hard to believe. Deplorable.

"There isn't anything more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?"
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 7:17am
Why even give an Academy Award this year??? It seemed a garbage truck overturned and belched out the worst of it on us...movie-wise... And this year doesn't look like it's going to be much better...

I felt sorry for the Razzie nomination crew to limit themselves to just FIVE nominees this year... It REALLY had to be hard on them...
Starman View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Starman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 8:50am
Originally posted by FlyersBabe

God bless you.....I *loved* HGTTG and I thought this "movie" was an absolute mess on toast. Ugh. I highly recommend anyone going out and either renting or buying the British TV versions. *Much* better adaptation.

And Adams was supposed to have endorsed that script before he died?!? I find that hard to believe. Deplorable.

Actually, Adams was working on A script when he died.  Someone else completed it based off of his alleged notes, but great play was made about how he was supposed to have written MOST of it and how all the touches most of the DA enthusiasts hated (the new material with John Malkovich and the Arthur/Trillian romance) were his ideas.

Of course only the most incorigible DA fan will not say he never had bad ideas or wrote bad things.  Or if they do, they ignore Mostly Harmless...

Starman
bobw View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote bobw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 9:19am
I thought son of the mask was far worse...
It takes millions to make a good movie, it costs millions to make a bad one!
Cinefreak View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 2:16pm
The problem with giving worst sequel or remake to son of the mask is its
neither. It's not a remake and it's not a sequel or continuation of the first
movie. It's a new story with new characters. So it makes little sense to
judge it as if its a sequel, in addition to the total silliness of having adults
judge a kid's movie. We could have done better here, imho.
GreenDiamond View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote GreenDiamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 3:50pm

Dukes of Hazzard... so many nominations... and NO wins!?!?!
It deserved all of them!

I voted that the worst re-make was wrongly awarded, as this Dukes "re-make" is terrible!

Even Ben Jones, The ORIGINAL Cooter, just read the script at one point and hasn't even bothered watching it! He said:

(quote) "It was a miserable movie" (unquote)

Ender Wiggin View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ender Wiggin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 4:38pm
So I can't say for certain that Dirty Love was the worst film of the year as I haven't seen it (sorry, not on any must see lists).  I do, however, know that the worst film of last year was 'The Fog'.  Normally, I don't post on any sites but I think this is something people have to realize.  It is a horrible, brain-stealing monstrosity that is certainly the worst film I have ever seen (right over 'I Spy').  How this movie was completely overlooked is beyond me.  I have seen better Sci Fi Channel Original Pictures then 'The Fog'  (OK, maybe that's not true, but it sure feels like it!)
"They speak English in What?"
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by GreenDiamond

Dukes of Hazzard... so many nominations... and NO wins!?!?!It deserved all of them!

I know Burt Reynolds didn't deserve his nomination...as he was perhaps the ONLY one (besides the General Lee) that did any good acting in the movie...

I thought Willie Nelson as Uncle Jesse was pushing it though...but should have stuck just with the Balladeer role...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>