Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > THE OMEN (666)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2006’s Lamest Little Devil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2006’s Lamest Little Devil
    Posted: May 23 2006 at 5:17pm

THE ORIGINAL OMEN WAS ACTUALLY a FAIRLY CLASSY SCARE-FEST. THE REMAKE LOOKS LIKE IT WAS MADE for NO OTHER REASON THAN THAT THE DATE 6/6/06 FALLS THIS YEAR. BUT HOW MUCH LAMER THAN THE ORIGINAL WILL THIS ONE BE...?

One compensation: In the 2006 version, Liev Shcreiber will kill Mia Farrow as The Satanic Nanny. We're always up for seeing Mia get murdered!

(Don't Look Now...But Isn't That DOOGAL Peaking Out from Behind Mia's wrist? So DOOGAL Really WAS a Satanic Plot!)

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 5:45pm
Yes, I'd PAY to see someone kill Mia Farrow! But I just checked the credits on IMDb from the link you gize posted elsewhere on this Forum, and found out this remake is from the same director as the lame-o 2004 remake of FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX (which I was shocked to discover was not a Worst Remake or Sequel Razzie nominee). Does John Moore specialize in remaking and ruining good old movies, or what?!?!?
Everything SUX!
Kendan View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kendan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 11:56am
Many a Hollywood career has been made trashing the works of others!  Some even trash themselves!(George Lucas, come on down!)
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 1:22pm

I have been hearing that on 6/6/06 (the 666 date), that the world is doomed and coming to an end.

I have to agree...the world is doomed...to another crappy horror movie remake.  I will have to watch the original, though.

Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 1:25pm
I just hope that former Oscar nominee Pete Postlethwaite is good in this. He was good in last year's Dark Water (To be fair, so was everyone else), and The Constant Gardener. I know he was on our ballot for Aeon Flux last year, but I don't condemn him yet Even Agony Booth admits that he was good in the ass-trocious Lost World.
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2006 at 5:25pm
I do believe this film looks too evil to see...
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 4:50am
This is yet ANOTHER example of Hollywood running out of any ideas.

What kind of publicity stunts is Fox going to do, have their employees get
"666" tattooed on their heads?

Come to think of it , that WOULD be appropriate for Screwpert Murdoch!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2006 at 8:56am
Ok.......Fine, I'll admit it, I really like the cast. In addition to Postlethwaite, it has Tony winner Liev Schrieber, David Thewlis, and multiple time Olivier award winner Michael Gambon. It's one review on rottentomatoes is favorable. I think this one might pull out a surprise.
messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2006 at 1:05am
The people at Fox did only one press screening, and they didn't invite anybody. Not even Jeffrey Lyons...
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2006 at 4:21pm

From what I have seen and heard so far (And as you might have guessed, it's not very positive) there is only one reason why such a great assemblage of actors and actresses have come together on this total waste of their time, our money, and film stock. That, of course, is so they can have the studio pay the high price of gas s for their high performance cars. In other words, pay some bills!   However, on the bright side, I am looking forward to seeing Julia Stiles in The Bourne Ultimatum.

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 7:52am

Spoiler:

( Still angry that they killed off Brian Cox in the last Bourne Movie, and Chris Cooper in the first one).

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 1:45pm
I agree that both Brian Cox and Chris Cooper (At least they had him in a flash back in the second) was a big loss to the franchise, they had the gift of making you like them even if they were both psychotic scum buckets (especially Chris .) This will definitely be hard for the creative team to fill the hole for local scuz ball in the "Ultimatum". Look on the bright side however, Joan Allen is coming back as well! She makes me want to go work for her.
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
mooncheese View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote mooncheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2006 at 6:41pm
I am disappointed that they chose to remake the Omen. The original was good, and like many other movies, should not be remade!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2006 at 5:14am
There have been so many great movies that never should have been remade: PSYCHO (originally release-1960, remake-1998), now this. There are a few others, but there are like so many to list.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 6:14am

Wait a minute, Head RAZZ, I looked at the 2006 nominees, and it said that David Thewlis was nominated for Worst Supporting Actor for Basic Instinct 2 and this film. So, why isn't this in the 2006 Titles nominated for a Razzie?

Response from Head RAZZberry: OOPS! Just fixed that. I had moved those Forums into the "2006 Nominated Titles" bins at about 5:30am/PST the morning our nominees were announced...guess I missed at least one!

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 4:06pm

Originally posted by bruin_522

Wait a minute, Head RAZZ, I looked at the 2006 nominees, and it said that David Thewlis was nominated for Worst Supporting Actor for Basic Instinct 2 and this film. So, why isn't this in the 2006 Titles nominated for a Razzie?

I've been wondering about that too. Maybe it didn't get through to the other web sites about it, but don't even worry about it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>