Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > HOTEL FOR DOGS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2009’s First Movie MUTT...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2009’s First Movie MUTT...
    Posted: January 13 2009 at 10:07pm

SNIFFING at the BUTT of the SURPRISE 2008 HOLIDAY HIT MARLEY & ME (AND CLEARLY HOPING to FOLLOW in the B.O. PAW-STEPS of BEVERLY HILLS CHIHUAHUA) HOTEL FOR DOGS MAY HAVE HAD a BOX OFFICE PEDIGREE...BUT IT MAY ALSO FIND ITSELF in the DOG HOUSE COME RAZZIE® NOMINATING TIME LATER THIS YEAR...

COMPLETE WITH SO-CUTE-YOU-MIGHT-PUKE McDONALD's TIE-IN TOYS, a ONE TIME OSCAR® CONTENDER STUCK AMONG ITS CANINE CO-STARS and WRITTEN by the "CREATOR" of LAST YEAR's OVER HER DEAD BODY, THIS ONE COULD "SCREW the POOCH" in SEVERAL WAZE. 

AND NOW, LADY DOGS and GENTLEMEN, the TIME HAS COME...to START YER YAPPIN' !!

CHEADLE: "From Oscar® nominee to this...Guess you 

could say my career has literally gone to the dogs!"   

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2009 at 2:58am
 Great Cheadle caption there. Except he's going to be in "Iron Man 2" next year, so this is just a bump in the road for him right now.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
kelemenmarc View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kelemenmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2009 at 3:59am
i don't now. i like this movie. 
FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2009 at 4:34am

I only wished he was Oscar-nominated for "Crash," along with Sandra Bullock (I REALLY liked that film).

He is good in alot of films, so this will hopefully be his only "bump in the road" until "Iron Man 2" gets released...

RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2009 at 5:19pm
Wow! Emma Roberts in her first film to get Razzie consideration -- a sign of the Apocalypse?

But this film looks like Casablanca compared to Paul Blart: Mall Cop. Buzz is slight, Kevin James has the fakest mustasche, Adam Sandler is forced to exec. produce a family film AGAIN, and Steve Carr (Are We Done Yet) is directing. That film will get higher dishonors, not Hotel for Dogs, which is sitting at a decent 42%.

By the way, My Bloody Valentine 3D has 5 fresh reviews and 0 rotten reviews at RottenTomatoes. It's early, but could Lionsgate have its first watchable film since Crank?
You think you know, but you have no idea.
Headbanger14 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Headbanger14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2009 at 7:41am

Yeah, I was about to say that too. Paul Blart: Mall Cop seems like a better target for a Razzie. Still have to wait to see how this one holds up.

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2009 at 5:22pm
Cheadle is one of the best actors of this generation. Look at some of the horrible crap De Niro's done. I'm thinkin Blart and Dogs look equally bad, though.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2009 at 5:27pm

My Bloody Valentine is no longer at 100%.  The sixth review called it rotten.  It was basically one paragraph and a lot of people were ticked off. 

Hotel for Dogs is currently the only new movie this week where the community rates it rotten.  The Great Roger Ebert reviewed three of the films and gave a rotten rating to Hotel for Dogs and fresh ratings to Notorious and Paul Blart: Mall Cop.  I don't know what he's gonna say about My Bloody Valentine, but I can't promise much. 

The predictions say the My Bloody Valentine will take over despite its 600 to 700 screen deficit.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 1:47am
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

My Bloody Valentine is no longer at 100%.  The sixth review called it rotten.  It was basically one paragraph and a lot of people were ticked off. 

Hotel for Dogs is currently the only new movie this week where the community rates it rotten.  The Great Roger Ebert reviewed three of the films and gave a rotten rating to Hotel for Dogs and fresh ratings to Notorious and Paul Blart: Mall Cop.  I don't know what he's gonna say about My Bloody Valentine, but I can't promise much. 

The predictions say the My Bloody Valentine will take over despite its 600 to 700 screen deficit.

I don't think My Bloody Valentine was screened to the critics but I saw it and I liked it. It's a very entertaining movie.

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 3:16am
I only have one thing to say about Hotel for Dogs: I now officially hate this genre.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 4:07am
By this genre, I hope you mean children's movies, dog movies, anything relating to the female branch of the Robert's family, (Eric is IN some OK stuff, though I wouldn't say he really makes it work), and in furtherance, anything with any member of the Friends alumni.

If not, you should.
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 9:11am

This is the second time this month I've noticed that a respectable actor is in a very unrespectable film. First Gary Oldman was in The Unborn and now Don Cheadle is in this. They need to re-learn how to pick their scripts.

I guess that Cheadle wanted to take a brake from serious movies and do a fun kids movie, but he still could have picked something a lot better than this!

sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 5:43pm

Originally posted by RoadDogXVIII

Wow! Emma Roberts in her first film to get Razzie consideration -- a sign of the Apocalypse?

But this film looks like Casablanca compared to Paul Blart: Mall Cop. Buzz is slight, Kevin James has the fakest mustasche, Adam Sandler is forced to exec. produce a family film AGAIN, and Steve Carr (Are We Done Yet) is directing. That film will get higher dishonors, not Hotel for Dogs, which is sitting at a decent 42%.

By the way, My Bloody Valentine 3D has 5 fresh reviews and 0 rotten reviews at RottenTomatoes. It's early, but could Lionsgate have its first watchable film since Crank?

Michael Moore's documentary, FAHRENHEIT 9/11, was Lionsgate's first, and only, film to pass $100 Million at the domestic box office. Not to mention it won 4 RAZZIEs.

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2009 at 10:35am

Originally posted by sportsartist24

Michael Moore's documentary, FAHRENHEIT 9/11, was Lionsgate's first, and only, film to pass $100 Million at the domestic box office. Not to mention it won 4 RAZZIEs.

True, but those Razzies were our way of sticking it to George W. Bush and his band of merry morons, not for Moore's skills as a filmmaker. 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 3:55pm
Bride Wars and this now out on DVD, and no surprise, Bride Wars is named Worst New Movie on DVD this week.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Michaels

Originally posted by sportsartist24

True, but those Razzies were our way of sticking it to George W. Bush and his band of merry morons, not for Moore's skills as a filmmaker. 

And that proves that the RAZZIEs hated Bush, as does most Americans.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>