Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > SCHEDULE for 35th RAZZIES® & 87th OSCARS® in 2015
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2015 RAZZIE® / OSCAR® SKED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2015 RAZZIE® / OSCAR® SKED
    Posted: June 25 2012 at 9:12am

PRELIMINARY SCHEDULE

for 

The 35th Annual RAZZIE® Awards in 2015...  

...Oh, and also The 87th Annual Academy Awards®

(a.k.a. "The Giving Out of the Little Gold Naked Men")... 

NOTE Both Schedules Are Subject 

to Up-Dates and Changes...

Last Week of December, 2014

Nominating Ballots for 35th RAZZIES® and 87th Academy Awards® sent to all current voting members of both organizations... 

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Nominees for 35th Annual RAZZIE® Awards announced -- Check our website (LINK) for complete list of contenders...  

Thursday, January 15, 2015 

Nominees for 87th Annaul Oscars® announced -- Check their website (LINK) for complete list of nominees...

Last Week of January, 2015

Final Ballots for 35th RAZZIES® and 87th Academy Awards® sent to all current voting members of both organizations...

Saturday February 21st, 2015 

"Winners" of The 35th Annual RAZZIE® Awards Announced at Intentionally Tacky Ceremonies in H-O-L-L-Y-W-O-O-D! 

5:00pm/PST, Sunday, February 22, 2015

"Winners" of The 87th Annual Academy Awards announced in Unintentionally Tacky Ceremonies at The Dolby Theatre in Hollywood - Broadcast LIVE on ABC...

...and (just in case you wanna be a part of the fun)

HERE's the LINK to BECOME a 

VOTING RAZZIE® MEMBER YOURSELF... 

ENJOY!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2013 at 2:34pm
FUN UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Below is an interesting chart, originally posted on the L.A. Times' website, giving both Nielsen ratings and "trends" for the last 6 years of Oscar Broadcasts on ABC: 

Host: Seth MacFarlane 

Total viewership: 40.3 million

Change from year before: +2%

Host: Billy Crystal 

TOtal viewership: 39.3 million

Change from year before: +4%

Hosts: James Franco & Anne Hathaway 

Total viewership: 37.6 million  

Change from year before: -10%

Hosts: Steve Martin & Alec Baldwin  

Total viewership: 41.3 million  

Change from year before: +14%  

Host: Hugh Jackman  

Total viewership: 36.3 million  

Change from year before: +13%

Host: Jon Stewart  

Total viewership: 32 million 

Change from year before: -21%  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
LíviaTheodora View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote LíviaTheodora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2014 at 1:14am
The 86th Academy Awards ceremony, presented by the Academy of Motion ..... producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron asked to return for 2014 Oscar show".

http://time4livetv.blogspot.com/2014/02/bbc-world-news.html
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2014 at 7:43am
ANOTHER FUN UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Today's L.A. Times has interesting article on the "greying" of the audience for the Oscar-cast. The "median age" of Academy Awards viewers is 50+, and with multiple Best Picture nominees centered on older characters, that's likely to get worse this year rather than better.

Here's the LINK to read the article... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2014 at 8:02am
So Bruce Dern will win then.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2014 at 2:15pm
Isn't the host a big factor of the ratings? Ellen has won like 5 consecutive Teen Choice Awards.

Also, Chilean experts have been analyzing category by category. One of them said this: "Bruce Dern won't win because he's the old guy who has never won. The Academy likes throwing bones at them (even if it's a Lifetime Achievement Award), but to supporting actors. Look at Mickey Rourke in THE WRESTLER, Richard Fansworth in THE STRAIGHT STORY, Nick Nolte in AFFLICTION, and, Peter O'Toole in... everything!".
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
IngridAlcântara View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote IngridAlcântara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2014 at 11:00pm
The 86th Academy Awards ceremony, presented by the Academy of Motion ..... producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron asked to return for 2014 Oscar show".

http://time4onlinetv.blogspot.com/2014/02/india-vision-live-tv-streaming.html
IngridAlcântara View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote IngridAlcântara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2014 at 12:03am
MMDA announces sked of activities for 39th MMFF ... LIVE: Academy Awards 2014 · Razzies pick Will and Jaden Smith as worst actors.

http://mobitvfree.blogspot.com/2013/04/sky-movies-hd-live-tv-free.html
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2014 at 3:46pm
I read the words "Gala 35th Annual RAZZIE Awards", and I suddenly remembered what the RAZZIEs did a decade ago. The categories were Worst Razzie Loser, Worst Drama, Worst Comedy, and Worst Musical of Our First 25 Years. This winter, would we hold Worst RAZZIE Loser, Drama, Comedy, and Musical of Our First 35 Years? Or would we have new categories, such as Worst Action, Worst Horror, Worst Sci-Fi, and Worst Fantasy Film of Our First 3 1/2 decades? Then would the window of eligibility be January 1980 through December 2013 just like the Worst Of Our First 1/4 Century was January 1980 to December 2003? Or would we extend the eligible window to December 2014?

And just for fun, because I doubt they'll recycle the Gala 25th RAZZIES' special categories, does anyone think that any of the Worst Picture finalists from 2004 (Catwoman, Superbabies, Alexander, White Chicks, and Surviving Christmas) through 2013 overthrow Battlefield Earth, Gigli, and From Justin to Kelly as the Worst Drama, Comedy, and Musical since January 1980?

I will say I would've voted for Jack and Jill for Worst Comedy of Our First 3 1/2 Decades and Grown-Ups 2 for Worst RAZZIE-losing film, and perhaps The Oogieloves in the BIG Balloon Adventure for Worst Musical. But I think Battlefield Earth would be nigh impossible to overthrow.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2014 at 7:06pm
I thought they were using the wedding anniversary system: 25th, 50th and 75th.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2014 at 9:35pm
Forget the last Twilight movie and the fact That's My Boy (an infinitely more offensive, perverted, and completely unnecessary piece of Sandler-sh*t on every level imaginable) already "won" 2 razzies and the fact that Dragonball got completely shut out at the razzies , WE OWE THESE sh*t-TURDS BIG-TIME!!!!!!!! In my opinion, Dragonball Evolution, definitely outshines, or in this case outstinks, Battlefield Earth and That’s My Boy is by far a more significant cinematic atrocity than either Jack and Jill or Gigli. sh*t, Jack and Jill wasn’t terrible. It was by no means even close to as monumentally scarring as Stephen “doldrums” Daldry’s Extremely Annoying and Incredibly Gross or Twilight: Breaking Dawn: Part 1. The former of the two is my #1 least favorite movie of all time (SchumacherH8ter was right when he compared it to The Birth of a Nation, take it from someone who ACTUALLY HAS ASPERGER’S SYNDROME) and the latter of which is by far the single worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life. Especially knowing it was aimed at tweenage GIRLS, god WHAT THE f**k WERE THOSE SOULLESS MOTHERf**kING MONSTERS TINKING!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?
By the way Vits,
How long have you been a razzie voting member and based on your experience is a movie likely to win one of those special anniversary prizes if it didn’t win any razzies the original year it came out and was first eligible? Is it really too late to recognize the wrongfully snubbed Stephanie Meyer’s The Host and Man of Steel or are former winners like The Last Airbender (once again, ALL are EASILY worse than Battlefield Earth) going to be the only serious contenders, no matter what I say or do?!?!?!?!?!?!
F.Y.I. If the latter should unfortunately happen to be the case than my picks are STILL going to be That’s My Boy for Worst Comedy (The Cat in the Hat and being my #2 pick), and The Last Airbender for Worst Drama (Extremely Annoying and Incredibly Gross is my #2 pick, I promise you all I will go down FIGHTING on that one if need be) and From Justin to Kelly for Worst Musical, even after all these years simply because there are no other contenders in any way. I also thought they were using the “wedding anniversary system” but should that not be the case, here you have my sentiments. Feel free to agree or disagree, and as always know I respect your personal opinions no matter what they may be.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2014 at 9:40pm
Sorry guys about the typo above, I meant to put "THINKING" instead of "TINKING". I just got really upset and in all honesty, I don't "TINK" they're doing any annual special awards this year. They didn't do it for the 15th year, why this one?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2014 at 7:06am
1) I have Asperger's too, but if I wasn't I still probably would've find that kid annoying.
2) You answered yourself. They thought that's what tweens like... and they were right.
Originally posted by JacobD

Stephen “doldrums” Daldry’s Extremely Annoying and Incredibly Gross or Twilight: Breaking Dawn: Part 1. The former of the two is my #1 least favorite movie of all time (SchumacherH8ter was right when he compared it to The Birth of a Nation, take it from someone who ACTUALLY HAS ASPERGER’S SYNDROME) and the latter of which is by far the single worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life. Especially knowing it was aimed at tweenage GIRLS, god WHAT THE f**k WERE THOSE SOULLESS MOTHERf**kING MONSTERS TINKING!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?

1) 4 years.
2) I doubt it. All of the special anniversary nominees were already nominees in previous ceremonies. Although, I don't know if that was a coincidence or if the ballots were written that way on purpose.

Originally posted by JacobD

How long have you been a razzie voting member and based on your experience is a movie likely to win one of those special anniversary prizes if it didn’t win any razzies the original year it came out and was first eligible?

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2014 at 7:58am
I never heard anything about any parallels to any wedding traditions. Having so little experience with weddings, I didn't even know that the biggest anniversaries were based on quarter centuries. But I can tell you that quarter centuries are way too far between for the purposes of our awards. We have Gala ceremonies every half decade!

Having never seen Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, I wouldn't see the connection with Asperger's syndrome. Even though I have a similar diagnosis, I wouldn't know what the spectrum has to do with that boy. He's no darling. But a film needs worse reviews and/or a LOT more RAZZIE pedigree than what EL&IC had if it's to compete in the RAZZIES, let alone the Gala categories.

And I believe that past winners usually get all the nominating ballot recommendations in the Gala categories because the voters (about 500-600 at the time of the Worst of the RAZZIES' First 1/4 Century, a little below the 700-800 we have today) proved they hated films like I Know Who Killed Me and Jack and Jill the most. But people disappointed that films like The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 and Grown-Ups 2 couldn't win a single trophy could still vote for them in a hypothetical Worst RAZZIE-losing Film category.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2014 at 11:42am
I think we should use the wedding annivesary system. The nominees for Worst Movie of the Decade were almost the same as the ones for the 25th anniversary. If we do one in the upcoming ceremony, the nominees will most likely be the same.
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Having never seen Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, I wouldn't see the connection with Asperger's syndrome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extremely_Loud_and_Incredibly_Close_%28film%29#Characterization

I have a similar diagnosis

Which one?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2014 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Vits

I think we should use the wedding annivesary system. The nominees for Worst Movie of the Decade were almost the same as the ones for the 25th anniversary. If we do one in the upcoming ceremony, the nominees will most likely be the same.

Having never seen Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, I wouldn't see the connection with Asperger's syndrome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extremely_Loud_and_Incredibly_Close_%28film%29#Characterization

I have a similar diagnosis

Which one?
And THAT'S why I suggested that we change out the genres above. I recommended Worst RAZZIE-losing film, Worst Action, Worst Horror, Worst Sci-Fi, and Worst Fantasy to replace Worst RAZZIE-losing star, Worst Drama, Worst Comedy, and Worst Musical.

It's ambiguous whether Thomas Horn's character was really autistic. He may not have been autistic at all, and it's extremely rare that two autistic children act the same. He must've at least done adequate research on the autism spectrum, otherwise the approval rating would've been about 30% lower. But I still think Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close was the lesser of two evils compared to Underworld: Awakening (Their common trait was their wide release date of 1-20-012).

High-functioning autism. Years ago, my family members thought I may have also had Asperger's and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, but within the last two years, I officially tested negative for them.

Response to Jacob D's next post: If you want to try and talk HeadRAZZ out of holding any special categories this year, I won't try to stop you. That would be more trouble than it's worth. But if you don't want it to be the Gala 35th Annual RAZZIES, you might be too late.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>