Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2005/26th RAZZIE® Awards Discussions & Forums > STAR WARS: EPISODE III: THE SITH HITZ the FANZ
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

#3 -- As Bad as #1 and #2???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #3 -- As Bad as #1 and #2???
    Posted: April 26 2005 at 7:37am

Millions of otherwise devoted STAR WARS fans HATED both EPISODE I: THE PHANTOM MOVIE and EPISODE II: SEND IN THE CLONES, each of which was nominated as Worst Picture and "won" at least one RAZZIE®. So was this "Final Chapter" in the series a revelation...or does it simply cause further revulsion?? Get out your RAZZberry Lite Sabers and go to town on 2005's Biggest Grossing Movie...  

Star Wars: Episode III-Revenge of the Sith Movie Stills

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 8:05am

Here's one that'll tell us if you're Of a Certain Age: STAR WARS and the whole Light Saber thing alwaze reminds me of an old advertising slogan for Life Savers candy. Only in Lucas' case, the lyric would be: "Light Sabers...a part of living!" (If you aren't old enough, you WON'T know the tune for this one -- If you are, you'll get the joke).

How about starting a STRING of Bad Puns on STAR WARS words and character names??? Here's a really AWFUL one to start: What do you call a space creature who likes to look at real estate, but seldome buys??

A WOOKIE-LOO   

When yer dun GROANING, come up with one of your own!!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 9:11am
Is it really over, Head Razz?

I thought Lucas intended to make 3 sets of trilogies with only R2D2 and
C3P0 in all of them!
chefelf View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote chefelf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 10:48am
For those interested I've been posting my thoughts on the latest movie on my site:

91 Reasons to Hate Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Thanks to HeadBerry for his support in pointing people to my site for a few years now. :)

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 3:34pm

When the original STAR WARZ was released in 1977 (now known as "Episode IV") Lucas DID claim it was the "first episode" of the "middle trilogy" of what would eventually be a "nonology" (I think that's the word for a nine-part series...if it's even a word).

But given how L-A-M-E the most recent three episodes have all been (albeit, with varying degrees of L-A-M-E-ness) maybe we should rejoice that Boy George has stopped at a mere six films...

I for one am grateful that now we'll never have 2 see Jar-Jar Binks as an "elder statesman" from Naboo!!!!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2005 at 8:50am
Razz:

It's all about the money. If Fox wants more money, they will find a way to
make more Star Bores movies, just as Paramount did with Star Trek. The
certain thing is they will continue to churn them out until people get sick
and tired of the stale sausages that come out of the grinder...
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 8:08am

Thank God the series for science nerds is over. Now all we have to deal with is movies for Dungeons and Dragons playing nerds (Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia)

Sigh, we'll never come up with something original... the D&D playing nerds are running the asylum

jeanine524 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeanine524 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 11:13pm
What's wrong with the Lord of the Rings & the Chronicles of Narnia???  No one is forcing you to go to the theater to see them!!!  ...and I don't play D&D!
Frigidus View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Frigidus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 3:46pm

Isn't it ironic that Lucas titled Episode IV as "A New Hope"?

The only one who can size a movie up by its trailer.

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 11:28pm

As someone who had made movie trailers for nearly 30 years, I'm not sure "Frigidus" actually IS "The only one who can size up a movie by its trailer," but I DO like it as a sign-off!

When I return from family vacation in early August, maybe I'll start up a  New Topic discussing how ANYONE can tell if a movie sux by certain indicators in how its trailer and TV campaign are designed and edited.

Should be fun!

P.S.  Is no one going to take me up on my Awful STAR WARZ Punz challenge?? Here's another groaner 4 ya: How is a Jedi action figure like a Japanese truck??

They're both Toyotas...get it, "TOY-YODAs"!!

OUCH! Can YOU come up with something WORSE?!?!?

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
jeanine524 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeanine524 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2005 at 12:29am
Speaking of TOY YODA's...  I heard about a radio station that claimed to be giving away a free Toyota as a contest prize.  Well, when the winner recieved her prize in the mail, she found exactly that... a TOY YODA action figure.... she is now suing the radio station!! 

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2005 at 2:05am

The above anecdote, translated into Yoda-Speak:

"Screwed by the radio station, that woman was -- YES!"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
BooBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BooBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2005 at 6:16pm

"Funny it was, nontheless though. Hmm?"

By the way here's another Yoda-Speak quote about the STAR WARS Prequels:

"When 28 years old your films reach, be as entertaing they will not anymore. Hmm?"

- BooBerry

Kenny from Queens View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Kenny from Queens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 5:18pm

The biggest grossing movie of 2005??? I actually liked the movie and this puzzles me.

OK, I am a Star Wars geek but I have a theory.  I've seen this in the theaters 3 times.  My friend saw it 3 times.  My boss was returning every week on his day off to see it.  Unfortunately, I don't think there are a lot of Star Wars fans out there as it appears.  I think the devotees see it again and again, then it beats $350 million at the box office.

Then again, it won the People's Choice Award for best film of the year.  Go figure.  I

yovader View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote yovader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 4:00pm
episode iii rocked 'kay
yovader View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote yovader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 2:32pm
 You are a freakin' idiot!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>