Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > MEMBER STARTED FORUMS on 2014 Titles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

3 DAYS TO KILL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 DAYS TO KILL
    Posted: February 21 2014 at 9:41am

MEMBER-STARTED FORUM

KEVIN COSTNER HOLDS THE DUBIOUS DISTINCTION OF STARRING IN THE POSTMAN, 1997’S ONLY MOVIE OUR VOTING MEMBERS JUDGED TO BE WORSE THAN BATMAN & ROBIN. (AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE FOR HIM, HE ALSO DIRECTED IT!) IN FACT, ONE COULD EASILY ARGUE THAT COSTNER’S 1990s FILMS WERE WORSE THAN STALLONE’S 1980s FILMS. AFTER 2001 WORST PICTURE RUNNER-UP 3,000 MILES TO GRACELAND, HE DROPPED OUT OF THE CINEMA SCENE…

…UNTIL LAST SUMMER, WHEN HE STARRED AS SUPERMAN’S ADOPTED DAD IN MAN OF STEEL. NOW HE’S BACK ON OUR RADAR WITH HIS WORST FILM IN A DECADE, 3 DAYS TO KILL.

HERE, HE PLAYS A TERMINALLY ILL CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENT. HIS LIFE WILL BE SAVED WITH A CRITICAL TREATMENT, AND HE’LL BE ALLOWED TO RETIRE, IF HE PULLS OFF ONE LAST ASSIGNMENT: KILLING AN ENEMY AGENT WITHIN 3 DAYS, BEFORE HE CAN SUCCUMB. ALL THE WHILE, HE JUGGLES HIS ATTEMPTS TO RECONNECT WITH HIS ESTRANGED DAUGHTER. 

CRITICS DID ADMIT THAT THE ACTION SEQUENCES HAD SOME TECHNICAL COMPETENCE, BUT THE UNDERDEVELOPED FAMILY DRAMA EASILY KILLED THE DEAL.

IN THE LAST 12 HOURS BEFORE OPENING, 3 DAYS TO KILL SPORTED A "D" IN THE APPROVAL RATING AND REVIEW AVERAGES. PERHAPS COSTNER WON’T BE UP FOR QUITE AS BIG A FIELD OF RAZZIES, BUT A DECADE AND A HALF AFTER HIS OWN POST-APOCALYPIC POSTAL WORKER DEBACLE, IT COULD BREATHE FRESH AIR INTO HIS HISTORY WITH US.

BUT DON’T LEAVE ME AS THE ONLY ONE SHOOTING AT 3 DAYS TO KILL! LET’S SEE IF YOU CAN ARGUE FOR WHY THIS FILM DESERVES RAZZIES... 

...YOU HAVE 3 MINUTES!

HE’S NOT HALF THE MAN HE THOUGHT HE WAS! AND IT WAS A DEAD WRONG INSTINCT TO BELIEVE THE STAR OF A WELL-DESERVED WORST PICTURE WINNER COULD BELIEVE HE COULD MAKE A KILLING WITH THE DIRECTOR OF FULL THROTTLE AND THE WRITER OF TAKEN 2!

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 9:57am
We also have Amber Heard, Connie Nielsen, and Oscar nominee Hailee Steinfeld in the cast, not to mention Luc Besson as one of the writers and, the number 1 thing that did let me know that this will be bad, McG as the director. And man, am I surprised he got snubbed of a Worst Director nom for Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle. I mean, why WOULDN'T you want to nominate someone with a name like McG?

Also, I should mention that no matter how bad this movie is, it might not be enough to get Kevin Costner back as a Worst Actor contender. It took Sly three bad movies the same year in order to get back in the Worst Actor category. We will see how Costner's later films, Draft Day, Black and White, and McFarland, are in order to have confirmation that he will be back in our Razzie "graces."
Worst Career Achievement: Kim Jong-Un and the GOP
THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 10:08am
If Costner does earn himself a Worst Actor nomination, he shouldn't be nominated for Jack Ryan because A.) he's supporting in that one and B.) he gave the second best performance after Kenneth Branagh.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 10:10am
I think most people here will agree with that, SchumacherH8ter.
THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 10:21am
R.T. (25-30%): "It uneasily mixes technically accomplished action sequences with an underdeveloped family conflict".

Too bad. After HATFIELDS & MCCOYS (for which he won a Golden Globe and an Emmy, and was nominated for a Vits Award) and his scene-stealing performance in MAN OF STEEL, a lot of people thought he was ready for a comeback (I even suggested him for the Redeemer Award*). And he follows it up with this. The premise sounds so generic, that I don't think it has the potential to become even a cult movie (like MR. BROOKS).

*Too bad it's not happening.
Originally posted by oiram

Oscar nominee Hailee Steinfeld
What's happening with her? A lot of teen breakouts follow up the role that made them famous with a couple of bad movies. But at least they get lead roles. She's a supporting actress in this and in ENDER'S GAME, and, she shared the lead status in ROMEO & JULIET and in CAN A SONG SAVE YOUR LIFE?. Could this be because studio execs didn't see TRUE GRIT and believe that it was a supporting role (hence her Oscar nomination), and so they don't think she can be a leading lady?

I surprised he got snubbed of a Worst Director nom for Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle.
And for THIS MEANS WAR.

no matter how bad this movie is, it might not be enough to get Kevin Costner back as a Worst Actor contender. It took Sly three bad movies the same year in order to get back in the Worst Actor category.
Sly has always been in the spotlight. Kevin basically dissapeared.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 10:28am
There was a period of time where Sly was not getting nominated. The 4th Rambo movie was on the 2008 ballot, but the Razzie voters decided to let that one slide. He did get a Worst Director nom for The Expendables, but even then, the chances of him getting back into Worst Actor did not seem likely, until now.
THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 11:53am
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 2:46pm
Reviews from Chris Stuckmann and SchmoesKnow:

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2014 at 6:12am
JeremyJahns:

THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 11:43am
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 6:50pm
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2014 at 8:27am
Gabriel Bahamondes (3/7): "The similarities with TAKEN are obvious. With that mind, Costner isn't believable as neither a secret agent nor a family guy. The most salvageable aspect is the relationship between the main character and Amber Heard's".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2014 at 12:58pm
Diego Muńoz (2/5): "It has its moments and it'll make you smile a couple of times, but it's too messy to be taken seriously. It gets worse everytime Amber Heard's femme fatale spy shows up. This is a guilty pleasure in every aspect".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2014 at 8:55pm
I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Actor for Kevin Costner (but not for JACK RYAN).
-Worst Screen Couple for Costner and Connie Nielsen.
-Worst Director.

Oh, and maybe Worst Screenplay. But not:
-Worst Supp. Actor for neither Tómas Lemarquis, Richard Sammel nor Marc Andréoni.
-Worst Supp. Actress for neither Amber Heard, Hailee Steinfeld nor Connie Nielsen.
-Worst Screen Couple for Costner and either Heard or Steinfeld.
-Worst Screen Ensemble.
-Worst Picture.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2014 at 9:35pm
Why did you white out Connie Nielson's name? Here presence isn't a spoiler or anything.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2014 at 11:53am
No, but their reconciliation is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>