Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > FAST and FURIOUS 3: TOKYO DRIFT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

40-Foot Skid Marks Across the Screen!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 40-Foot Skid Marks Across the Screen!!
    Posted: June 12 2006 at 6:04am

IS IT JUST US, OR IS THE ENTIRE FAST & FURIOUS FRANCHISE a WASTE of TIME, MONEY and FILM STOCK??  AND ANYWAZE, IF YOU'RE DUMB ENOUGH 2 B INTERESTED in STREET RACING, AREN'T YOU 2 DUMB 2 FIND YER WAY 2 a MOVIE THEATRE ? ?  

Go Ahead, Git Yer RAZZIE Mobiles in Gear...and Go 2 Town (Tokyo, Town, That Is)!!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2006 at 3:11am

I agree the series got old when they decided to do 2 fast 2 furious without the "VIN" man, but The first one was rather enjoyable . However when the sequel (Now up to 2 sequels) is just the same plot done over and over again as the original it gets pretty annoying.

A early look at the tomatometer pretty much says what most people have said about the series itself (Including the HeadRazzy) "It is not the actors or the plot that is the star of the series, but the cars themselves". With that being said the reviews are as of right now sitting at 83% UPDATE: reviews now sitting at 63%( http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fast_and_the_furious_3_tokyo _drift/

and from reading the reviews it only got that because of the "True Stars" of the franchise.

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2006 at 4:43am
Perhaps the saddest (or scariest?) thing about the FAST & FURIOUS movies is that they encourage young urban audiences to emulate the driving tricks they celebrate -- Making them among the few movies that actually can be blamed for deaths and injuries...
Everything SUX!
Rosen View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rosen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2006 at 6:10pm

Firstly: My cousin's boyfriend died in an accident trying to copy the first movie

Secondly: the other day some idiot "drifted" right infront of me and nearly lost control endangering not only him, but ALL those around him...

Conclusion: THESE MOVIES ONLY PROMOTE STUPIDITY!

Kendan View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kendan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 5:38am
Well, the tomatometer is now at 58% and falling...I guess the intelligent reviewers finally took a whack at it!! Sorry, IT Beast...IMHO Vin Diesel is a waste of film stock as is the whole F&F series!!  You can only watch so many car races, chases and wrecks before you're brain(if you got one)goes ***ALERT!! This is stupid and boring!***
Kendan View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kendan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 5:40am
Oh, Rosen, while I agree in principle with you're arguement, moron's will be morons.  If they don't get inspiration  from a movie like this, they'll find it elsewhere!!  For more stories of the lame and clueless check out www.darwinawards.com and see for yourself!!
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 11:41am
UPDATE on THE TOMATO-METER: As of about 5pm/PST on June 15 (the day before its release) F&F3 was at 39%...and still falling!
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 1:57am
It didn't do too well at the B.O. this weekend, though it finished 3rd, but this 3rd one was not a lucky charm. I even said that once, perhaps in another forum.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 3:57pm
I agree about "morons being morons". Remember back when they tried to blame Pro Wrestling for Lionel Tate killing his playmate? I suppose Pro wrestling also made him rob the pizza-man who delivered to him, right? Good God, let's blame everyone but the kid.
Kendan View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kendan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2006 at 6:28am
Yeah, it finished 3rd behind Nacho Libre...when you're beaten by Jack Black, you know it's a stinker!!  I can only hope this franchise has finally run out of gas!
Rosen View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rosen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2006 at 6:42am

Let us pray that this is the last of the series of atrocities... or maybe just slap everyone who buys a ticket?  Could work...

Here's lookin' at you, Kid.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2006 at 10:50am
Amen

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Rosen View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rosen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2006 at 4:19pm

You know what a really good car movie is? Cars... I just saw it, and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I didn't expect it to be as good as it was, it is definitely up there among my favorite animated movies ever.

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 5:58am
Yeah, I just took my son and daughter to see Cars as well. I have to agree with you, it was a lot better than when I originally saw the trailer for it. My Son loved it (He is 8). My daughter was a little bored by it (she is 4). The movie was aimed more at the mature kid than any of PIXAR's early stuff. I loved the gag reel at the end, when Pixar satirized their own previous films...

Words to live by:
Rosen View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rosen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 6:44am
Ha-ha! Example: "Hey! They're just using the same actor!" Hilarious!  
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 12:41am

Well RAZZ, granted not only did I not see this automobile showcase that was centered around a overly used and lame ass story plot but, I think...

"Basic Instinct 2" has the Worst Remake or Sequel RAZZIE in the bag. You've got to admit, compared 2 this...FF3 seems like Oscar Bait!

Words to live by:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>