Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > CRAZY ON THE OUTSIDE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

On the OUTSIDE w/No One Looking In?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On the OUTSIDE w/No One Looking In?
    Posted: January 19 2010 at 8:33am
FOR HIS DIRECTORIAL DEBUT, 2-TIME RAZZIE® NOMINEE TIM ALLEN ASSEMBLED an IMPRESSIVE CAST...LINED UP HIS FINANCING...PROCURED a THEATRICAL RELEASE...and PROUDLY PRODUCED... 

a MOVIE ALMOST NOBODY WILL EVER SEE.

DESPITE a CAST THAT INCLUDES HIMSELF, SIGNOURNEY WEAVER, KELSEY GRAMMER, RAY LIOTTA and OTHER RECOGNIZABLE NAMES, CRAZY ON THE OUTSIDE RANKS as 2010's FIRST OFFICIAL BOX OFFICE BOMB, with a TOTAL TAKE of LESS THAN $90,000(!)

AND SINCE OUR MEMBERS LOVE to PILE on an ALREADY DEAD MOVIE...HERE's ANOTHER CINEMATIC CORPSE for YOU to BEAT ON...

LIOTTA: "So, which film do you think looks worse on my resume -- This one or THE LONELY LADY ??"
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2010 at 9:24pm
Not making money wasn't its only problem.  It reportedly suffers from it being a virtually laughless comedy.

You know, some comedians are convinced comedy is schadenfreude, and so they put their characters in difficult, often painful situations, thinking that is what being funny is all about.  Other comedians are convinced that being stupid is funny, and so they have their characters act stuid, thinking that is what being funny is all about.  To his credit, Tim Allen really doesn't fall into the extremes or exclusiveness of either camp, but he shares their basic problem; he thinks whatever it is that he's doing is funny.

However, it seems comedy is not merely schadenfreude, is not merely stupid and, to cover all bases, is not merely absurd.  Funny is funny, regardless of what makes it funny.  Like many other comedians, Tim Allen is relying on what worked before instead of asking themselves whether it is actually funny.

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2010 at 12:38pm
Yeah, I don't think this is going to win anything, because no one has heard of it. I just learned about it right now when I found this thread by accident.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2010 at 2:14pm
I think Uwe Boll should cast Tim Allen in his next movie just to see if it could actually gross $0 at the box-office. Tim Allen has to hold the current title of Mr. Box-office Poison.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2010 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

I think Uwe Boll should cast Tim Allen in his next movie just to see if it could actually gross $0 at the box-office. Tim Allen has to hold the current title of Mr. Box-office Poison.
Considering the cast Boll managed to put together for "In The Name Of The King", he just might be able to do that!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2010 at 10:16pm
I can still remember when Tim Allen starred in ZOOM, the 14th worst film of 2006. This film, however, was a limited release, so I don't expect it to get any nominations.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2010 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

I can still remember when Tim Allen starred in ZOOM, the 14th worst film of 2006. This film, however, was a limited release, so I don't expect it to get any nominations.
Really, only the 14th worst? Then again, that was the year of Uwe Boll's "BloodRayne", so that would take #1 through #13.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2010 at 6:54pm

Here's how bad I calculated the RAZZIE classics for 2006. Superman Returns was removed because I only had room for 25.

#25: Scary Movie 4
#24: Poseidon [remake]
#23: John Tucker Must Die
#22: The Da Vinci Code
#21: Just My Luck
#20: Material Girls
#19: Employee of the Month
#18: The Pink Panther
#17: The Bench Warmers
#16: Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties
#15: Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
#14: ZOOM
#13: The Omen [remake]
#12: Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector
#11: Big Momma's House 2
#10: The Shaggy Dog
#9: Date Movie
#8: RV
#7: The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause
#6: Deck the Halls
#5: Lady in the Water
#4: The Wicker Man
#3: BloodRayne
#2: Little Man
#1: Basic Instinct 2
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2010 at 6:25pm
Okay -- interesting list of bombs and stinkers worthy of being on a Bottom List. 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2010 at 3:56pm
About 2 to 5 of your worst choices weren't nominated, right?.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2010 at 4:51pm
Most of the movies on that list were discussed here in the Forum, yes...but as usual, only a handful got actual Razzie nods.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 11:06pm
I hope I don't have to break down the list film for film just to prove that all 25 got nominations. Which ones do you think weren't listed (on the forums or in the Worst of 2006 Awards)?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 4:44am
I think numbers 15 and up got away scott-free. Could be wrong.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Here's a LINK to the IMDb page listing our nominations and "winners" for 2006 "achievements." As you can see, about 90% or more of what made the list got at least one RAZZIE® nomination that year...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 11:43am
At one time, forums for all 25 of those movies may have been in these forums, but some of them got removed. I'll list the nominations again:

#25: Scary Movie 4
...WON Worst Supporting Actress for Carmen Electra

#24: Poseidon [remake]
...Worst Remake or Rip-Off

#23: John Tucker Must Die
...Worst Supporting Actress for Jenny McCarthy

#22: The Da Vinci Code
...Worst Director for Ron Howard

#21: Just My Luck
...Worst Actress for Lindsay Lohan

#20: Material Girls
...Worst Screen Couple for Hilary and Haylie Duff
...Worst Actress for Hilary and Haylie Duff

#19: Employee of the Month
...Worst Actress for Jessica Simpson

#18: The Pink Panther
...Worst Supporting Actress for Kristin Chenoweth

#17: The Benchwarmers
...Worst Actor for Rob Schneider

#16: Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties
...Worst Prequel or Sequel
...Worst Excuse for Family Entertainment

#15: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

#14: ZOOM
...Worst Actor for Tim Allen

#13: The Omen [remake]
...Worst Supporting Actor for David Thewlis

#12: Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector
...Worst Actor for Larry the Cable Guy

#11: Big Momma's House 2

#10: The Shaggy Dog

#9: Date Movie
...WON Worst Supporting Actress for Carmen Electra

#8: RV
...WON Worst Excuse for Family Entertainment

#7: The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause
...Worst Supporting Actor for Martin Short
...Worst Screen Couple for Allen and Short

#6: Deck the Halls
...Worst Supporting Actor for Danny DeVito

I don't think I need to go any further. Is it just me? Or did all 25 of those movies get nominated for at least one 2006 RAZZIE?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 11:55am
The ones from 1 to 5 were nominated for "Worst Picture".
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 12:14pm
I guess I can still say most of them got away "scott free" as in not "winning" any of those many nods.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>