Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 3: AT WIT'S END
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

One Too Many Barnacles on Its Bottom???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One Too Many Barnacles on Its Bottom???
    Posted: July 12 2007 at 5:10am
Already they are considering a 4th, with Sparrow perhaps headed for Atlantis.  Didn't we just see Feature Animation tackle that not more than 5 years ago?  Impatience, impatience, impatience... 
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2007 at 4:54am
Hey, I posted a review on the film. Here's what I thought about Keira Knightley's performance.

Keira Knightly gives a flat performance. Much like Jessica Biel, Paris Hilton, and Lindsay Lohan, Knightly is a B-level actress in the A-list spotlight (even if I do like E! Network's news at 7 p.m., can't they focus on someone other than these actresses). In all honestly, she was adequate AND watchable in the first POTC, but I saw some wear and tear in Dead Man's Chest. This time, her limits as an actress are on display here.

All Knightly's doing here is giving her windpipes an exercise with god-awful overacting, share godawful chemistry with Bloom (which results in an unintentionally hilarious scene that belongs in a soap opera), and deliver a Braveheart-type speech that's supposed to be a rabble-rouser; frankly, it's another example of how much overcompensation she's doing. After sitting through Knightly's tic-ridden performance, which has the gonads to put emotional drama into a film that's basically a Bruckheimer cheesefest (with Depp, Bloom, and Rush delivering the honest-to-goodness goods), I was about to bash my head in.

I'm not hating on her or anything (she was good in Pride and Prejudice), but she's rattled by brains in the POTC films. I don't know, but after seeing her make Tom Cruise look like a believable actor, I'm smelling...Razzies?
You think you know, but you have no idea.
dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2007 at 6:13am
I have yet to see this movie, but I need to!
ZookGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZookGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2007 at 1:37am

PIRATES #1 was good. PIRATES #2 was OK (but much, much, MUCH too long). PIRATES #3 I have not seen, but I may rent it on video when it comes out (because on DVD, I can pause when I have to go the bathroom or want to get some more popcorn). But is #3 worth the rental? Is it a definitive Worst Picture? Should I ignore it?

Response from Head RAZZberry: While it is every bit as overlong, overloud and "under-logical" as its immediate predecessor, I must admit that, given the other drek Hollywood's been pumping out this year (See our COMPLETE LIST of 2007 TITLES) PIRATES 3: AT WIT'S END is not likely to be among the final five when we announce our 28th Annual RAZZIE Awards nominees next January... 

ZookGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZookGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2007 at 2:00am

Disney is probably the worst film company right now. Walt Disney was one of the greatest filmakers of all time, his Snow White captured the imagination of moviegoers, everywhere for all time. But Disney would probably roll in his grave now, seeing what's happened to his company. Okay, the Disney/Pixar films are good, (except the Food Safety Video a.k.a. 'Ratouille' OH I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU SPELL THE FILM TITLE!?!).

First there was the teribbly lame humor in "Hannah Montana" (and a Hannah Montana movie is in the works according to Wikipedia), then the stereotypes in "High School Musical" (Disney probably never dreamed of doing crap like that!)  and finally the theatrical release of "High School Musical 3" in 2008, and "HSM 4" in 2009 -- all definitive worst pictures. What are they going to do next, Retirement Home Musical? Got some good lyrics for a musical like that!

A ninety year-old Soy singing:
Did someone see my hearing aids?

A ninety ear old Sharp-gay singing:
Did someone see my dentures?

A ninety year Shy-an singing:
SHUT UP! I'M TRYING TO SLEEP!

Or something like that...fight the power!

wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2007 at 12:43pm

But it does look like John Lassiter may be starting to turn Feature Animation around with his insistance on high-quality story above everything else: Several of the projects slated for release in the near future--particularly The Princess and the Frog (or whatever the title ends up being) should be good if done properly (although you do still wish Howard Ashman were still around, so we could be a little more confident).  If they gave Lassiter all the marbles over Bob Iger--come on Roy, if you ran the site to get rid of Eisner for a year and a half and essentially succeeded in the end, surely you can do the same for his old-wine-in-a-new-bottle prime minister--perhaps the whole thing could turn around. 

Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Kenny View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2007 at 7:48am
In my opinion, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley are BOTH strong Razzie-contenders.
ZookGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZookGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 3:21am

Worst Supporting Actors this year should be:

Jon Voight TRANSFORMERS + BRATZ: THE MOVIE

The entire cast EPIC MOVIE

Paul Rae DADDY DAY CAMP

Lochlyn Munro DADDY DAY CAMP

Patrick Warburton UNDERDOG

Originally posted by Kenny

In my opinion, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley are BOTH strong Razzie-contenders.

ZookGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZookGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2007 at 8:29am
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

The ending of this film very clearly set up a Pirates of the Caribbean 4. I would predict that the subtitle will either be Search for the Fountain of Youth or Another Cynical Raid on Your Wallet.

Incidentally, If moviewizguy really believes that this series was ever intended to be a trilogy, I'd be happy to provide a lengthy list of contradictions between the first film and the other two that perhaps he can explain for us. In fact, there were some puzzling contradictions between the second and third films that would be difficult enough to explain, especially since they were made concurrently.

[/QUOTE

Moviewizguy, does two movie sequels being realeased four years apart ring a bell to you?

Moviewizguy, does two movie sequels being realeased four years apart ring a bell to you?

bernbar View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote bernbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2007 at 9:34am
if you are going to put this movie in with the other nominations you are completely wrong i saw that good luck chuck which currently has a 03% at rt and its not in pink if you nominate this you lost 1 fan
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2007 at 4:02am
I wonder why this film is put in the same forums as Bratz and Awake?

I just found this film confusing and a little underwhelming, but it was necessary to end the story started by Pirates 2.

Speaking about a 3rd Pirates Sequel, it'll probably be straight to DVD (like any unnecessary Disney sequels).
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2007 at 6:20am

I'm glad this movie is at least being debated.  Although, yes, it was not as bad as Good Luck Chuck, Bratz or Awake, or for that matter, I Know Who Killed Me, Daddy Day Camp, Are We Done Yet?, Revolver or Epic Movie, there were severe problems with this movie that seem to characterize all the major blockbuster sequels this year.  Of particular concern to me was the mishmash that passed for a script, producing a plot you'd be hard-pressed to describe in one short sentence, and Keira Knightley's acting, which kept me saying "yeah, right" every time I saw her on the screen.  And this doesn't even begin to address "sequel-itis", the problem that very few sequels match the superiority of the originals. 

Yes, I've read that Elliott and Rosso were writing the 3rd installment as it was being filmed, and in this case, the movie shows that rushed attempt.  Saving this movie was how many things were done well.  The directing was superb, Verbinski taking what could have been as bad as any of the movies listed above and, one scene at a time, wringing out the best performances with the best filming and the best special effects he could get.  And most of the other actors gave superb performances, such as Nighy, Depp, Rush, Davenport and Chow.

But I don't think, just because other movies are worse than any particular movie, that we shouldn't at least go over the problems of that particular movie.    If anything, it keeps us on our toes.

If they shoot Pirates 4, I feel it will go to the big screen before it goes to DVD.

Mrs. Magnatech View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mrs. Magnatech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2007 at 4:34pm
Keira Knightley for Worst Supporting Actress, definitely. Even the monkey and the parrot out-acted her.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2007 at 3:49pm

Originally posted by Mrs. Magnatech

Keira Knightley for Worst Supporting Actress, definitely. Even the monkey and the parrot out-acted her.

Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2007 at 6:51am

Good News to those that liked the movie on the message board: "Pirates of the Caribbean 3" is a semi-finalist in the field of best special visual effects for this year's Academy Awards:

http://www.variety.com/awardcentral_article/VR1117977801.htm l?nav=news&categoryid=1982&cs=1   

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2007 at 2:26pm

Pirates 3 is gonna lose to Transformers.  Both movies may be weak if not bad, but the special effects in Transformers were above and beyond anything.

Originally posted by Movie Man

Good News to those that liked the movie on the message board: "Pirates of the Caribbean 3" is a semi-finalist in the field of best special visual effects for this year's Academy Awards:

http://www.variety.com/awardcentral_article/VR1117977801.htm l?nav=news&categoryid=1982&cs=1   

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>