Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > TRANSFORMERS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A 2 Hour Toy Commercial!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Dariasensei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A 2 Hour Toy Commercial!
    Posted: August 21 2007 at 5:29am

The worst of the year

•·.·´Ż`·.·•The Daria Peruviana•·.·´Ż`·.·•
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2007 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

I think Transformers was meant to be a big, dumb, loud action movie. That's probably why people like it in the first place.

Response from Head RAZZberry: If by "people," you suggest you're speaking for anyone else posting on this Forum, I feel compelled to quote classic Hollywood producer Sam Goldwyn, who once declared: "Include me out!" 

Oh my God, I actually agree with moviewizguy!?!?!?!?!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
SaintSmythe View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote SaintSmythe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 9:21pm
If nothing else, I want to see Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox (had to look her name up on iMDB because I didn't know who she was) get a nod for Worst On-Screen Couple.  Seriously, folks.  These two have no chemistry whatsoever.

Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 1:37pm

When I think more & more about this movie, it makes me hate it even more.

I think Michael Bay is one of the worst directors of all-time. He should get an honorary Razzie award.

thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2007 at 7:58am
I can't believe this film is even mentioned on this Forum when many other mediocre movies (such as Smokin' Aces,  the Reno 911 movie, Trade, Rush Hour 3 just to name a few) are not even mentioned at all! I thought this movie was pretty good, especially for a Michael Bay movie (though I was kinda turned off by the GM and e-Bay product placements, and the abrupt ending).

However, seeing that Micheal Bay is now going to direct Transformers II, the sequel...

Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2007 at 1:46pm
This forum's kinda dead, but I thought I'd chime in on this one. I've seen this movie many times, and while it has it's problems, it's hardly Razzie worthy. Yes it stands at just 56% on RT, but that still means the majority of the critics liked it. And don't forget its cream of the crop rating is 68% (with a user rating of 81% -- Spiderman 3 didn't get that much!). And on other movie websites, the consensus has been overwhelmingly positive.

I may be wrong cause there have been a ton of bad movies, but this might be the highest rated movie up for a Razzie. At the most I'd give Megan Fox a worst actress nod (She was easy on the eyes but man was she terrible.), and John Voight for worst supporting actor (He was pretty bad although he was also in September Dawn and Bratz, so who knows what movie it will be for.) I think that the haters out there (You are in the minority!) should get over themselves and direct their hate at the real disappointment of the summer: Spider-man 3.

Peace! ^_^
I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2007 at 12:08am
I think the real disappointment of the summer was Rush Hour 3, not Spiderman 3, even if Peter Parker went all emo in Spiderman
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2007 at 5:42pm
I don't think so because rush hour 3 was expected to be bad.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2007 at 11:48am
But, "Rush Hour 3" was a box-office bust as well. At least, "Spider-Man 3" did a bang up job at the box-office.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
SuperGlucose View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperGlucose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2007 at 6:40pm
This movie was not just bad.  It was insulting.  First he gushes over the Camero the one autobot turned into.  Too much product placement.

Then it makes the fundamental mistake about hackers.

The best hackers in the world are not 15 year olds living with their moms or 20 year old college students.  The best hackers in the world are in their forties (for the most part) and do not spend their time breaking into top secret information.  The fact of the matter is, in terms of computer hackers, no one knows who the best are, but you can rest assured that they have been studying computers and hacking for far longer than any of the 'hacker' characters in this, or any other, movie have supposedly been alive.

Finally, this movie makes the SECOND fundamental mistake about hackers: that it's possible to hack into NSA databases.  Any classified information is kept on a closed network: literally no way to get in.  And I don't mean they firewall it, I mean... they're kept in bunkers that only have electrical cables going in, and in some cases may even have their own generators.  Hacking those would be like shooting a neat hole through Earth with a cannon: it's just not going to happen.

Now I'm very picky about these things, so couple that with typical-male-fantasy chick, typical-lonely-nerd lead, and a ho-hum "AMERICAN CONSPIRACY AT [insert location here]" plot (overdone to death with National Treasure and about to rot with its sequal, hopefully) and to me, this deserves Worst Picture.

Or a new category: Worst Misrepresentation of Facts.
Up, in the Cytoplasm, is it an amino acid? Is it a nucleotide? No, it's SUPERGLUCOSE!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2007 at 3:36am
I think "Worst Misrepresentation of Facts" should go to the Fantastic Four Sequel.

Anyway, because so many films this year had a single percentile RT rating (Awake, Daddy Day Care 2), putting this film up for Worst Picture is just a waste of space in that category....
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
Kenny View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2007 at 10:33pm

Yeah, the movie wasn't very realistic alright, you got me there. I do agree that all the hacker stuff was extremely useless to the story though. I'm surprised Steven Spielberg didn't go "Ok, Mike, this sh*t has to go" because there was too much of nonsense in the film and too little of Shia (very good performance), The Autobots and The Decepticons. But overall I enjoyed it immensely. Charming, fun and self-aware. Bay himself knew the concept was absurd and cheesy and directed the movie after it. He was the right dude for the job.

And I can't for my life figure out why ANYBODY would honestly care about product placement? Pearl Harbor or Bad Boys II are perhaps the two easiest movies to diss the f**k out of in the world, but it seems harder to come up with good, valid reasons why Transformers is "oooh, so insulting and god-awful. The downfall of our humanity" because people go on about how the action was oooh boring, and it wasn't enough of it and you didn't even see ANYTHING because of the camera work. They lie, basically.

Not anywhere near Razzie-material.

Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2007 at 11:15am
So, HeadRazz if you've seen it, what did you think of the performance of the usually good John Turturro? When I found out he was in it, I once again compared him to Steve Buscemi. I think they're both great character actors, who have done amazing work in independent films, and good work for The Coen Brothers. They also for some reason seem to work for Adam Sandler frequently, and are usually the best thing about his movies that they appear in ( Buscemi in Big Daddy, I now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry, and Turturro in Mr. Deeds, plus he would have been the best thing about Anger Management if it weren't for Jack Nicholson). Now they've both done Michael Bay films.
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2007 at 6:49am
Good News to those that liked the movie on the messag board, "Transformers" is a semi-finalist in the field of visual effects for the Academy Awards.

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=6612
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2007 at 2:27pm

It'll win, hands down.

Originally posted by Movie Man

Good News to those that liked the movie on the messag board, "Transformers" is a semi-finalist in the field of visual effects for the Academy Awards.

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=6612

icegirl View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote icegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2008 at 8:32am
God , I have been waiting to see these movie for so long! It was a dream come true when I bought the tickets! And then the movie started and I started to cry on how awful it was! I don't have the words to describe the disappointment(I was kind of expecting a LOTR reincarnation):crappy humor where it doesn't belong(that sector seven guy looked so stupid that I wanted to get an axe and chop his face through the screen ), crappy acting(megan fox should get another job) , a bunch of fight scenes where no one could tell who is megatron and who is optimus prime, some "i will sacrifice myself to save the human kind" along with "there's more to them that meets the eye" crap and that's how my action perfect movie got screwed! Let's hope they'll make a remake!!
The only thing that I liked in this movie was the Linkin Park soundtrack
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>