Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > TRANSFORMERS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A 2 Hour Toy Commercial!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote icegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A 2 Hour Toy Commercial!
    Posted: January 31 2008 at 8:41am

What a great comment! I couldn't agree more!!

Originally posted by SuperGlucose

This movie was not just bad.  It was insulting.  First he gushes over the Camero the one autobot turned into.  Too much product placement.

Then it makes the fundamental mistake about hackers.

The best hackers in the world are not 15 year olds living with their moms or 20 year old college students.  The best hackers in the world are in their forties (for the most part) and do not spend their time breaking into top secret information.  The fact of the matter is, in terms of computer hackers, no one knows who the best are, but you can rest assured that they have been studying computers and hacking for far longer than any of the 'hacker' characters in this, or any other, movie have supposedly been alive.

Finally, this movie makes the SECOND fundamental mistake about hackers: that it's possible to hack into NSA databases.  Any classified information is kept on a closed network: literally no way to get in.  And I don't mean they firewall it, I mean... they're kept in bunkers that only have electrical cables going in, and in some cases may even have their own generators.  Hacking those would be like shooting a neat hole through Earth with a cannon: it's just not going to happen.

Now I'm very picky about these things, so couple that with typical-male-fantasy chick, typical-lonely-nerd lead, and a ho-hum "AMERICAN CONSPIRACY AT [insert location here]" plot (overdone to death with National Treasure and about to rot with its sequal, hopefully) and to me, this deserves Worst Picture.

Or a new category: Worst Misrepresentation of Facts.

Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2008 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by icegirl

The only thing that I liked in this movie was the Linkin Park soundtrack

Your whole rant was just rendered null and void the second you posted that comment.
icegirl View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote icegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2008 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Mayhem5185

Your whole rant was just rendered null and void the second you posted that comment.

Ok, I'm not sure if I get this right...WHAT?????
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2008 at 4:37pm

Sorry, I have to question someones taste in just about anything if they say they like Linkin Park.
icegirl View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote icegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2008 at 7:51am

Sorry, I have to question someones taste in just about anything if they say they like Linkin Park.

Oh common, I thought What I've done was a really good song and had a nice video. I don't know, I really like their songs, and here we criticize the movies not the music some listen
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2008 at 12:17pm
I like Linkin Park as well.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
fredmaia View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote fredmaia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2008 at 4:57am

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

They wright very good comercial-pop-rock-kinda-heavy tunes.. thats it!! No more no less!!! They just where in the right place at the right decade!! They still have to prove me wrong...

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2008 at 7:35am
YES!!! I successfully started a topic within a topic, go me. 
icegirl View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote icegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2008 at 8:40am
Originally posted by fredmaia

They wright very good comercial-pop-rock-kinda-heavy tunes.. thats it!! No more no less!!! They just where in the right place at the right decade!! They still have to prove me wrong...

Ok, I really like rock,it makes me fly when i listen to it (and I listen to very different styles of it too) .
I happen to have a nice discography of some nice bands, and LP happens to be one of them! I think they are different (in my country there is no possible band or artist that you could like) and the lyrics of their songs helped me pass over some difficult moments of my life!So I don't know how commercial they are, but I like them...oh, I almost forgot, if you think they are commercial what can you say about the crappy music produced by timbland and the crappy:justin, beyonce, pussicat dolls and many many others
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2008 at 11:49am

Movie Preview Critic comments about the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY9H8_nEPBA

He agrees with most of what the fans say about the movie being too focused on the humans and that the Transformer designs are all wrong.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2010 at 3:36pm
Ditto.  

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2010 at 5:48pm
No band can save a sh*tty movie from still being sh*tty!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 1:54pm
I give this 6/10.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Vits

I give this 6/10.
Please tell me you're not following in MWG's example of giving movies 6 or higher based on entertainment factor alone!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 3:09pm
No.It's because as an action movie is O.K..I'm not a fan of this kind of action movies yet I enjoyed the sequences.Plus the special effects are amazing,and the movie has some good moments,both funny and dramatic.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Vits

No.It's because as an action movie is O.K..I'm not a fan of this kind of action movies yet I enjoyed the sequences.Plus the special effects are amazing,and the movie has some good moments,both funny and dramatic.
Yeah, so pretty much entertainment factor alone and not overall quality.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>