Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > ORPHAN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A 21st Century BAD SEED...or Just BAD?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A 21st Century BAD SEED...or Just BAD?!?
    Posted: August 09 2009 at 11:36pm
Just consider the fact that when movies are discussed on the website of an institution that gives awards to the WORST movies of the year, you're typically not supposed to expect that people are going to defend the movies that are given a forum to discuss and determine whether or not that particular movie is worthy of an award.
-Iron helps us play-
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 9:39am
Up to 53% on RT. It's getting higher.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 11:03am

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Dude, seriously, please stop obsessing about this movie. You can give weekly updates about it's rating at RT all you want, it's not going to get any higher than the mid 60s, if that. Just face it, it's not a great movie in the eyes of most people, just an average one at best. It's not going to win any major awards, and it's probably going to be forgotten by this time next year. The most that will come out from this is maybe a straight to DVD sequel or two that will be utter crap. That's it. Please stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 11:35am
Don't you have like a blog or something where you can log the progess of the RT rating? As long as it's in the top 10 of the week, I'm gonna see the score once a day on my own...
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Don't you have like a blog or something where you can log the progess of the RT rating? As long as it's in the top 10 of the week, I'm gonna see the score once a day on my own...

No....what are you talking about?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Michaels

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Dude, seriously, please stop obsessing about this movie. You can give weekly updates about it's rating at RT all you want, it's not going to get any higher than the mid 60s, if that. Just face it, it's not a great movie in the eyes of most people, just an average one at best. It's not going to win any major awards, and it's probably going to be forgotten by this time next year. The most that will come out from this is maybe a straight to DVD sequel or two that will be utter crap. That's it. Please stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Mostly every movie is forgettable after a while until you rewatch the movie. That's not saying much.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Michaels

Oh no, I'm don't care about this movie at all. I'm not trash talking it, just seriously questioning MWG's blind loyality to it. As for my actual trash talk, that's all point in one direction ... that of Michael Bay and "Trannies 2"!

Blind loyalty? I have seen the movie and you haven't. I'm questioning your blind aversion.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 12:36pm
I never said it was a hit. You're assuming that the other things I'm saying is like saying the movie is a hit, even though I was just saying that I was happy it wasn't a complete disaster.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 1:09pm

I may see the movie ... someday ... in the distant future, but I just don't care for how you're trying to make it out as something it's clearly not: an instant classic. It's going to be nothing more than a minor cult classic, if that.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2009 at 3:10pm
It may seem to you that I make this film sound like a classic but you know that I don't consider it a classic. A classic is like a 4/4 or A+ rating. I didn't give this film those kind of ratings.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2009 at 6:41am
Still, 8/10 is pretty high for a film that's being considered average by most. And then there was the "she deserves an Oscar" and "Esther will be an icon like Freddie and Jason" talk. Those are solely your opinions, not those of the general public.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2009 at 11:13am
As Michaels just said, you've put it up there on the top tier. You seem to be backing off at this point, rather that putting things into perspective.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2009 at 11:57am
54%
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2009 at 4:27pm
... I think I'm going to have to start giving you the silent treatment again, and perhaps have others join in this time.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2009 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

As Michaels just said, you've put it up there on the top tier. You seem to be backing off at this point, rather that putting things into perspective.

As a horror movie, it's one of the best I've seen in a long time. I mean, of course, compared to the remakes, sequels, etc. that had come out the past several months, at least credit ORPHAN for its originality and its exceptional cast.

Also, I just wanted to add this not to annoy you but I just feel the need to update every time for this movie: It's now up to 55% on RT.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2009 at 3:01am

Dude, I understand that you think this is the greatest horror movie in recent memory, but let's keep it real around here: no one is going to call Esther a horror movie icon 20 years from, and no one is going to get an Oscar nod for this flick.

Secondly, it is VERY annoying to have a freakin' day by day accouncement of the RT rating. Personally, I think "Transformers 2" is the worst movie fo the year so far and is a shoe-in to win Worst Picture, if not sweep all the major categories like "Gigli" before it, but I don't make weekly accouncements about how its RT rating is dropping. Why? Because that is annoying and the fact the movie sucks is well known already.

So please, I'm asking nicely, stop it with this movie, okay? We know you like it, but stop putting it on a pedestal because no one here agrees with you. If you want to post daily RT updates, do it on IMDb where people might care, because we don't care here. Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>