Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > ORPHAN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A 21st Century BAD SEED...or Just BAD?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A 21st Century BAD SEED...or Just BAD?!?
    Posted: August 13 2009 at 6:05am
Originally posted by Michaels

Dude, I understand that you think this is the greatest horror movie in recent memory, but let's keep it real around here: no one is going to call Esther a horror movie icon 20 years from, and no one is going to get an Oscar nod for this flick.

But Haley Joel got nominated for The Sixth Sense, and Linda Blair got nominated for her role in The Exorcist, so it's possible. And ok, I might have gone a bit too far saying she's the new horror icon. Happy?

Secondly, it is VERY annoying to have a freakin' day by day accouncement of the RT rating. Personally, I think "Transformers 2" is the worst movie fo the year so far and is a shoe-in to win Worst Picture, if not sweep all the major categories like "Gigli" before it, but I don't make weekly accouncements about how its RT rating is dropping. Why? Because that is annoying and the fact the movie sucks is well known already.

Ok. How about weekly updates? What if the film finally reaches 60%? Now, it's up at 56% and it's possible.

So please, I'm asking nicely, stop it with this movie, okay? We know you like it, but stop putting it on a pedestal because no one here agrees with you. If you want to post daily RT updates, do it on IMDb where people might care, because we don't care here. Thank you!

Wow. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2009 at 2:52pm

Originally posted by moviewizguy

But Haley Joel got nominated for The Sixth Sense, and Linda Blair got nominated for her role in The Exorcist, so it's possible. And ok, I might have gone a bit too far saying she's the new horror icon. Happy?

Both of those movies were BIG box office smash hits. This movie is not.

Ok. How about weekly updates? What if the film finally reaches 60%? Now, it's up at 56% and it's possible.

You really don't get it, do you? We don't care about this movie at all. Giving updates about its RT rating will just make you further lose creditablity as you cling to a movie no one cares about. Besides, a 60% is still an D- grade.

Wow. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!

Oh no, I slept quiet well last night. What upsets me is that we try time and time again to explain why we disagree with you and yet it all goes in one of your ears and out the other. We might as well be talking to a brick wall. And because of that, I give up and I'm following dEd's example. This thread is dead to me. Have fun overhyping a mediocre movie.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2009 at 3:58pm

Both of those movies were BIG box office smash hits. This movie is not.

Uh, yeah, I clearly remember most Oscar nominated movies not doing that well in the box office. Rarely are they box office smashes. You remember Memento? You know, the movie everyone loves? It has only made $25 million in the US.

You really don't get it, do you? We don't care about this movie at all. Giving updates about its RT rating will just make you further lose creditablity as you cling to a movie no one cares about. Besides, a 60% is still an D- grade.

YOU don't care. I do. Obviously, if you cared about a movie, you'd post on that board. If you don't care what I have to say, even though my points are valid, DON'T READ THEM. NOBODY is FORCING you to read them. Also, that just shows that you're a person who hates people who don't agree with you. Just because you don't care what someone has to say, you don't tell them to shut up. And that last sentence of yours is completely false. D- is a 10% movie. A 60% movie is a B or a B- or a C+.

Oh no, I slept quiet well last night. What upsets me is that we try time and time again to explain why we disagree with you and yet it all goes in one of your ears and out the other. We might as well be talking to a brick wall. And because of that, I give up and I'm following dEd's example. This thread is dead to me. Have fun overhyping a mediocre movie.

And I don't care. I gave MY explanations but it's like me talking to a brick wall with YOU.

*I say, "This is a good movie. Some truly great performances."
*You say, "I don't care. It's a bad movie."
*I say, "You haven't seen the movie yet."
*You say, "It looks like The Good Son." (which is like a 22% on RT)
*I say, "Critics liked this movie. At least it's higher than most movies listed on here and most movies NOT listed on here." (like Ice Age 3 and Perfect Getaway)
*You say, "That's mediocre."
*I say, "It's getting higher on RT."
*You act like a 10% jump on RT is nothing. Then you threaten to not talk to me because you feel that I should shoot myself on the foot for actually watching the movie and praising it. You add on that I have little credibility.

You know, I also like GOOD MOVIES. I liked Up, Star Trek, Coraline, and Harry Potter 6, films listed on my top 5 of 2009 so far. Just because I liked this film, which you act is like a travesty/abomination of a film, that doesn't mean I have low credibility. Just a thought.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2009 at 4:12pm

Dude, seriously, please stop obsessing about this movie. You can give weekly updates about it's rating at RT all you want, it's not going to get any higher than the mid 60s, if that. Just face it, it's not a great movie in the eyes of most people, just an average one at best. It's not going to win any major awards, and it's probably going to be forgotten by this time next year. The most that will come out from this is maybe a straight to DVD sequel or two that will be utter crap. That's it. Please stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Also, to add on top of this ridiculous paragraph, why should people not liking the movie have anything to do with preventing me to continue to talk about the movie? If you tell a person to stop talking about a film they liked because "people find it average, it's not going to win any awards, and it's gonna be forgotten by next year," do you seriously think that will stop that person from continuing to talk about the film they liked? *gasp* People like talking about films they found to be good?! Why, I never seen such a disgraceful thing in my life!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2009 at 1:26pm
Cool article about what Leonardo DiCaprio has to say about this movie:

http://www.pep.ph/guide/4254/Theres-something-wrong-with-Orp han-girl,-Esther

Leonardo DiCaprio, a producer on the film, states, "We were as excited as we were about the project because it felt like so much more than your typical genre film.  A lot of its appeal has to do with the fact that there is a complex psychological drama playing itself out alongside the typical genre scares."
kelemenmarc View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kelemenmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2009 at 6:49am
It's me again.
I'm sorry but WTF?

ORPHAN was not a bad movie, i'm not telling it was the best movie ever, but not was bad. Excellent performances, good story, some execiting moments. And the RT 56%, almost 60% - it's really a Razzie contender????? I think we should put down the contender list!!!! Somebody agree with me? Don't hurt this movie............................PLEASE DON'T!!

what's wrong with you razzie?

Just remember it's 56% and some this year contenders just 12%-13%-14%-15%.....It's not fair!!!.....
FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 2:41am
Thank you, kelemenmarc, someone who actually SAW the movie and, from that there on, decided it was a GOOD movie and NOT judging it was bad movie without even watching it!

But ANYWAY, here's some information about the DVD release date and art cover! http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/orphan2.html

As you can see, the comments in the bottom of the page are highly positive! Yeah, it seems like I'm the only one who liked the movie. Pshhhhh.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 3:22am
Okay, so someone agree with you, can we now move on to a movie that is newly released rather than staying behind with a movie from four months ago?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 11:24am

Okay, so someone agree with you, can we now move on to a movie that is newly released rather than staying behind with a movie from four months ago?

You're really bad at counting too. It's not just "one person." There's a whole lot of people across the Earth that liked this movie.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 11:58am

Originally posted by moviewizguy

You're really bad at counting too. It's not just "one person." There's a whole lot of people across the Earth that liked this movie.

And you're pretty good at overhyping mediocre movies. This one will be forgotten by this time next year, the lead actress will not be called a horror movie icon, and no one will be getting Oscar nods for it.

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 5:23pm
I could be wrong here, but "so someone agrees with you" seems to imply that "someone on this board" agrees with you. And yes, time to let this movie die, because it's far past the point in which it could've made an impact.
-Iron helps us play-
kelemenmarc View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kelemenmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2009 at 2:55am
Ok. Everybody listen to me. It's one thing Michaels you don't like the movie, but it's unfair it's a razzie contender.

I remember that time when 17 Again was 58% and Orphan was 57% in RT.

Now 17 Again 58%, and Orphan 55% - but a question is this: 3% or (1%) choose who's a contender and who's not????

ORPHAN IS NOT  ABAD MOVIE. BRÜNO IS A BAD MOVIE: THAT'S IT.

FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2009 at 3:53am

Remember, just because a movie is listed in these forums, that doesn't automatically mean it will show up on the contenders voting list. What bothered me about this thread was how MWG was overhyping this movie into something it will NEVER be: a serious Oscar contender and a series that will be on par with "Friday the 13th" and "Nightmare on Elms Street". That is seriously overreaching. At most, this movie will spawn a straight to DVD sequel or two, that's it. The movie is no longer in threaters and whatever impact it would have on the movie going public is gone. Chances are we will forget about it by voting time, so let's just drop this thread already and focus on more current movies ... please.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2009 at 2:07pm

Remember, just because a movie is listed in these forums, that doesn't automatically mean it will show up on the contenders voting list. What bothered me about this thread was how MWG was overhyping this movie into something it will NEVER be: a serious Oscar contender and a series that will be on par with "Friday the 13th" and "Nightmare on Elms Street". That is seriously overreaching. At most, this movie will spawn a straight to DVD sequel or two, that's it. The movie is no longer in threaters and whatever impact it would have on the movie going public is gone. Chances are we will forget about it by voting time, so let's just drop this thread already and focus on more current movies ... please.

Well, actually, you were already under-hyping the movie before it came out so essentially, I'm just over-hyping it for your expectations to come to a median.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2009 at 2:51pm
Bruno isn't a bad movie.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2009 at 2:40pm
DVD comes out this Tuesday! Who's going to buy it Monday midnight?!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>