Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > ORPHAN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A 21st Century BAD SEED...or Just BAD?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A 21st Century BAD SEED...or Just BAD?!?
    Posted: February 02 2010 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

To be totally fair here, I don't think the whole "nominate anything from Orphan for an Oscar" was ever meant to be taken very seriously.
Well, you know what, dEd, I'm done dancing around with MWG. He wants to say how we're all wrong and every mnovie we post here is either "good" or "not that bad", let him. If I don't point out his flawed movie critic skills, someone else will.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2010 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Michaels

You know what, in the end, all this was about was how you were wishing this movie to be something it's not. And that is the key to MWG, it's him taking these bad or "okay at best" movies, and making them out to be greater than they actually are.

And in the end, yet again, you're changing the topic. To further prove my point that you fill your posts with lies, I posted the following after I made the thread: "But, to be honest, I'm sure there's little chance, since horror movies rarely get nominated and, add on top of that, she's a child actor." If a human being like yourself have a brain capacity of an average man, you wouldn't have made that idiotic bet that I didn't bother responding to. You're wasting everyone's time here so why don't you just say that you were wrong. You look more like a fool every time you're not. You're just pulling strings here.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2010 at 6:02pm

Well, you know what, dEd, I'm done dancing around with MWG. He wants to say how we're all wrong and every mnovie we post here is either "good" or "not that bad", let him. If I don't point out his flawed movie critic skills, someone else will.

Ok. Show me a post where I said how you guys are wrong. If anything, I always say "I disagree with so and so." Just point me to a post that I've posted in the past few months that shows me saying something along the lines of, "You guys suck. You don't know anything about movies." This will all end in 5 seconds if you actually take the time by actually showing evidence than merely pointing out to a person who has a strong memory.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2010 at 6:06pm

To be totally fair here, I don't think the whole "nominate anything from Orphan for an Oscar" was ever meant to be taken very seriously.

lol Well, most of his problem seem to be related to taste... He has bad taste... It affects his critical analyses... People who are paid to understand and criticize movies are almost never going to agree with him... I think those are fair comments.
I'm just saying that I think he was merely being hyperbolic by saying Orphan should win an Oscar. Not something to really hold his feet to the fire over.
-Iron helps us play-
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2010 at 9:28pm
You know, I've been reading these "debates", if you can call them that, between Michaels and moviewizguy, and I gotta say, they are laugh out loud funny! If this moviewizguy has such bad taste in movies, why is he allowed to post here if all he does is set himself up to be knocked down again? Stay down, bro, stay down.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2010 at 9:36pm
Well, to not be "allowed" would be pretty harsh. It IS more interesting to have someone with a completely dissenting view.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2010 at 9:57pm

Well, to not be "allowed" would be pretty harsh. It IS more interesting to have someone with a completely dissenting view.
It is funny to see this kid run around claiming M. Night Shymamanandingdong or whatever is the greatest thing since Hitchcock. The more of his movies I see, the more I realize "The Sixth Sense" was a fluke! 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2010 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

It is funny to see this kid run around claiming M. Night Shymamanandingdong or whatever is the greatest thing since Hitchcock. The more of his movies I see, the more I realize "The Sixth Sense" was a fluke! 

Ok...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 9:15am
Spoilers ahead!

All this talk about Furhman...was she Oscar worthy?No.Was she great?Yes.And if people consider Chloe Moretz worth,then so was Isabelle.

There's a sort of new technique in horror.There's a scene where Vera Farmiga opens the fridge,and for some reason creepy music starts playing.That's because we all know after she closes the door someone will appear.Nobody's there,the music stops,and then there's a major jump scare.This is normally a good way to scare by making us think we know everything.The problem is that this is used in almost every scene.

After that smart twist,the movie becomes a generic psyhco thriller.Also,I didn't like the fact that she wasn't a child.Why do you think we want to watch an evil child movie.I don't really know,but the villian has to be a child.

The ending of course is open ended and it ruined everything.But frankly,after everything that happened,how else could've it ended?Actually I saw the alternate ending and is sucks.

I give this 5/10.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Ok...
Great comeback. Clearly you weren't captain of the debate team. Oh well, I guess obsessions are a running theme here. Miguel has all things "Twilight" and nothing else matters, and MWG has M. Nut is god dogma and any one who says otherwise doesn't matter (except he's outnumbered here 600+ to 1).
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2012 at 8:35pm
MovieWizGuy's not gonna like this review.

The good:

Vera Farmiga: Farmiga is good here as a recovering alcoholic with a deaf daughter and an annoying dipsh*t of a son.

Isabelle Fuhrman: OK, she's not Oscar-worthy, but she's still an OK villain. Until the idiotic twist happens.

The bad:

Peter Sarsgaard: Horror movie parents get a lot of flack that I feel is undeserved. How are they supposed to know that the new neighbor's a supernatural killer? But, there are some horror movie parents that deserve it, like Sarsgaard here. Usually, horror movie parents realize that their children were right when it becomes blatantly obvious. Sarsgaard, on the other hand, doesn't seem to catch on until a minute or two before he bites it. His acting is pretty bad too.

The twist: Dear God, has their been a twist this dumb? Monster-A-Go Go's twist was impossibly dumb, but that twist happened because they ran out of money. The makers of Orphan thought that the twist was good.

Jimmy Bennett: Bennett plays Farmiga's dipsh*t son. He's so annoying that you'll be glad that he's in a coma!

The awesomely bad:

Esther's acts of evil: This is the main (and only) reason why Orphan is on here. Esther's various acts of no-good had me in stitches in the theater. Watching it knowing the twist makes the film even funnier. The best (read: funniest) scene when she scared Bennett in his bed so bad, he pissed himself!

Not much left to add to this comedy. Grade: C+

Next-up: Jennifer's Body!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2012 at 8:18am
I don't think anyone (even those who liked the movie) argues that the twist was far-fetched. If someone tells you they enjoyed it is mostly because it was unpredictable. It was, wasn't it?
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Jimmy Bennett: Bennett plays Farmiga's dipsh*t son. He's so annoying that you'll be glad that he's in a coma!
I'm guessing you didn't like NO ORDINARY FAMILY.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2012 at 10:23am
Unpredictable doesn't mean good. Let's say that at the end of Casablanca, it's revealed that Bogart was an alien. That'd be unpredictable and stupid as hell like the end of Orphan.

I've never seen No Ordinary Family. The only live action show I watch now is The Walking Dead. There's live-action shows that I've watched in the past like 24, BSG, and Lost, but they're all cancelled now.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2012 at 9:33am
In NO ORDINARY FAMILY, his character was also kind of a brat.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678