Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > VALENTINE'S DAY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Big Box o' ROTTEN Chocolates?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Big Box o' ROTTEN Chocolates?!?
    Posted: February 13 2010 at 1:44pm
WHAT's HAPPENED to HOLLYWOOD'S ABILITY to MAKE an ACCEPTABLE ROMANTIC COMEDY? IS EVERYONE WRITING ROM/COM SCRIPTS CRIBBING from PREVIOUS SCREENPLAYS THAT DIDN'T WORK? IS AMERICA OVER the WHOLE NOTION of ROMANCE and COMEDY GOING HAND-in-HAND?? OR IS the EVEN MORE GLARING LACK of ANYTHING ORIGINAL BEING MADE in THIS GENRE FINALLY CATCHING UP with IT???  

WITH an AMAZING CAST of NO LESS THAN 19 RECOGNIZABLE NAMES(!)-- INCLUDING 4 OSCAR® WINNERS -- in ITS CAST, and a COMPETENT (IF HARDLY ORIGINAL) DIRECTOR at the HELM, THERE WAS REASON to BELIEVE VALENTINE's DAY MIGHT BREAK TINSEL TOWN's TOO-LONG-RUNNING STREAK of RISIBLE ROM-COM's...

OH, WELL.  GUESS WE'LL JUST HAVE to KEEP OURSELVES OCCUPIED with CLASSIC ROM/COMs for the TIME BEING. IF YOU'RE a NETFLIX SUBSCRIBER, MAY WE RECOMMEND the 1936 ORIGINAL VERSION of MY MAN GODFREY... 

GARNER: "I'm gonna pretend this Pinata is all those movie crix who slammed us..."

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2010 at 3:21pm
19 big name stars?! 4 Oscar winners?! Bad reviews galore?! Do I smell a Worst Ensemble Cast award in the works? Hey, the SAG Awards need to be razzed, too. They are just actors stroking the egos of other actors!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2010 at 4:10pm
Rom com bomb.  Rom com bomb.  Rom com bomb. . . .

This is rom com bomb number three for this year.

That's TWO movies with all star casts and former Oscar winners that had NO reason to fail and all the reasons to win. . . . that tanked because the script and direction sucked bilgewater.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2010 at 3:44pm

I had a look at reviews for this movie and there can be no mistake about it: This movie sucks!  Lou Lumenick gave it zero stars, Lisa Schwarzbaum gave it an F, Kimberley Jones called it "agressively unfunny and unromantic", Manohla Dargis called it "a disaster: cynically made, barely directed, terribly written", Rex Reed called it "a romantic piffle stuffed with so much candy that your skin could break out", Roger Ebert called it "a first-date movie" and added "if your date likes it, do not date that person again" and "if you like it, there may not be a second date", and Peter Travers called it "a date movie from hell" and a frontrunner for his and our Worst Picture awards.  The romantic comedy genre has already taken three blows this year and more are on the way: She's Out of My League, The Back-up Plan, Sex and the City 2, and who knows what else.  This is truly a dead genre and the people who went to see Valentine's Day this past weekend are probably feeling ripped off.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 4:34pm
Actually, a lot of my friends (those who saw it) liked this movie. I can't say the same about the others who saw Percy Jackson.  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

This is truly a dead genre and the people who went to see Valentine's Day this past weekend are probably feeling ripped off.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 5:03pm
Okay, that's your friends, but what about the other 99% of American movie goers? You can't judge how many people across the States liked the movie based on your inner circle of friends alone. 

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Actually, a lot of my friends (those who saw it) liked this movie. I can't say the same about the others who saw Percy Jackson.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 5:51pm
If any of you think this is bad, just wait until The A-Team [remake] and The Karate Kid [remake], both scheduled for the end of spring.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

If any of you think this is bad, just wait until The A-Team [remake] and The Karate Kid [remake], both scheduled for the end of spring.

Please, don't remind me. This whole year is like an "I Love The 80s" special at the movies. If it was in theaters any time between '80 to '89, chances are there's a remake for it this year ("Nightmare on Elms Street", "Clash of the Titans", "Footloose", "Red Dawn", "Tron", etc.). How very original of you, Hollywood, good to know you're firm believers in recycling! At this rate, Worst Sequel/Remake should just be renamed Worst Raping Of An 80s Movie/TV Series.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2010 at 7:57am
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Originally posted by GTAHater767

Please, don't remind me. This whole year is like an "I Love The 80s" special at the movies. If it was in theaters any time between '80 to '89, chances are there's a remake for it this year ("Nightmare on Elms Street", "Clash of the Titans", "Footloose", "Red Dawn", "Tron", etc.). How very original of you, Hollywood, good to know you're firm believers in recycling! At this rate, Worst Sequel/Remake should just be renamed Worst Raping Of An 80s Movie/TV Series.

You heartless prick!  You should have more faith in Hollywood.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2010 at 8:01am

"Valentine's Day" is the latest example of a 'blockbuster bomb' or a film that makes a lot of money, but fails with the critics.  Other examples include "Norbit", "Meet the Spartans", "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen", and "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" (the worst of them).

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2010 at 11:29am
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

You heartless prick!  You should have more faith in Hollywood.
Ah, excuse me, what's with the name calling? I would have faith in Hollywood, if that it could be what it once was. In the 80s, Hollywood was making good, quality, and original blockbuster movies. "Indiana Jones", "ET", "Ghostbusters", "The Empire Strikes Back", "Return Of The Jedi", the original "Batman", and all of those movies that I listed above that are being remade this year. Is Hollywood still doing this? NO! Now they just make cookie-cutter reboots of movies from that decade instead. So you tell me why I should have faith in something that gives me nothing in return? Why should I keep going to a supermarket to buy a fresh products, when all they give me are left-overs from last week?
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2010 at 4:28pm
Ewww, week-old leftover food! Now does anyone see why Hollywood needs to shape up/reform/restructure? They're milking money out of left-over movies from 198X!

*under breath* MiguelAntilsu, I shall have you modded for flaming!

Nowadays, most good movies (reduced to rarity since the beginning of '000) are released between All Hallow's Day and New Year's Eve, at the very end of the year. January and February-released movies used to be watchable back when I wore diapers, but now, the first two months are a toxic dump for cinema!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2010 at 2:38pm
It's just that this guy is talking out of both sides of his face. Here he is, a voting member of the Razzies, an award that is all about not having any faith in Hollywood making good, quality, original movies any more. But then he calls me a heartless prick for saying Hollywood doesn't make good, quality, original movies any more. Working both sides of the street much?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2010 at 12:10pm
The Razzies aren't about trashin'Hollywood.They're about trashin'bad movies which may or may not be made by people who only care'bout money.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2010 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Vits

The Razzies aren't about trashin'Hollywood.They're about trashin'bad movies which may or may not be made by people who only care'bout money.
Considering a heavy sum of the movies being bashed are rip-offs, sequels, reboots, or remakes, yeah I'm 99.9% they were all made for the sole purpose of making money.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2010 at 12:58pm
Did you know Elvis only became a musician,and then an actor,because he only cared'bout bein'famous?

If people had known of the allegedly self-centered attitude of M. Night Shyamalan when THE SIXTH SENSE came out,the movie would've still been a success.

People shouldn't make movies for money only,but if the movies are good,it's not that important.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>