Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > VALENTINE'S DAY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Big Box o' ROTTEN Chocolates?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Big Box o' ROTTEN Chocolates?!?
    Posted: December 15 2010 at 5:42am
Originally posted by cvcjr13

Nah, it will be even worse.  It will be Christmas Day.  That's all we need - another lousy Christmas movie.  Except this one is being remade for all the holidays.  Ugh.
Better yet, "Boxing Day"! Yes, a rom-com based around people returning their unwanted Christmas gifts and giving boxed gifts to their mailman and other public servants!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2011 at 10:45am
I just saw this and gave it 5/10.I think Ashton deserved his nomination, but not his "win" for this. The other 3's performances were nothing worth mentioning, but I'm guessing they were nominated (and Alba "won") mainly for their other movies. 

Review coming tomorrow.  

Originally posted by cvcjr13

Oh, no.  Garry Marshall is filming New Year's Eve with an all star cast, including Taylor Swift. . . . Dead

It's been announced that New year's Eve won't be a sequel to Valentine's Day, but will follow the same formula.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2011 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Vits

I just saw this and gave it 5/10.I think Ashton deserved his nomination, but not his "win" for this. The other 3's performances were nothing worth mentioning, but I'm guessing they were nominated (and Alba "won") mainly for their other movies. 
Kutcher won more for "Killers", and for also being long overdue for a Razzing. Same goes for Alba, who had dodged the Razzies long enough.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2011 at 12:14pm
WHAT IS THE TRUE MEANING OF "VALENTINE'S DAY"?THE MOVIE SAYS "BROKEN HEARTS AND MONEY YOU SPEND WHEN IT'S UNNECESSARY"(***/*****):

Romantic Comedy is one of the weakest genres because it's always the same thing.Recently we've seen good ones because they have some redeeming quality,something that makes them stand on their own.Making one that shows several stories isn't the solution.It has worked with movies like LOVE,ACTUALLY because it says new things about it's subjects,not the several stories fact itself.

This movie takes not every plot used since the genre started,but the most common plots,and stuff them together.They're focusing on the wrong aspect,because it's safer to spend money on a movie with a new premise and the same formula,than to spend it on a recap of the last...what?90 years?

With so many stories it's easy to rank them from better to worse:
1)The main stories are the ones with EDISON,and ALEX & GRACE,and MORLEY & REED & JULIA & HARRISON.Not because they have more screen time,but because they add charm,sweetness and a little humour to stories we've already seen before,making them interesting(not necessarily good).
2)The one with LIZ & JASON had what the ones from above had plus it was funnier.It would've been the best story if hadn't felt written for a sitcom episode.
3)ALPHONSO and PAULA are filler characters.They help advance the plot,but that's it.The same can be said about SEAN who only depends on the twist ending of his story.
4)EDGAR & ESTELLE,and KARA & KELVIN have pointless subplots,because they're practically 100% how we've seen them before.The same can be said about HOLDEN and CPT. HAZELTINE who,once again,only depend on the twist ending to their stories.
5)SUSAN is sort of a mix:a pointless character.That can be said of any extra in the movie,but when it's played by an a-list actor who's billed as part of the main cast,you don't expect her to be an actual extra.
6)And if you combine all,we get filler pointless characters with a pointless subplot.That would be FELICIA & WILLY.I don't think I need to explain why.

I've defended Kutcher for years because I really think he has talent,but in this he didn't seem to know what he was doing.And I felt MacLaine picked up the leftovers from her performances in TERMS OF ENDEARMENT and THE EVENING STAR.The only decent performances came from Elizondo and Hathaway.Also,I was glad Lopez kept his self-satire jokes against latinos to the minimum.

Grades: C- in the U.S. and 4,5 in Chile.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123