Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 28th Annual RAZZIE® "Winners" > DADDY DAY CAMP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A "CAMP Classic" of the Pitiful Kind?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote whennow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A "CAMP Classic" of the Pitiful Kind?!?!?
    Posted: August 09 2007 at 1:26am

I think this may have to be promoted to a contender for Worst Picture... 

ZookGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZookGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 2:49am

Yeah, we don't even need to vote for this being a Worst Picture! All this movie needs to make it even WORSE is Jon Voight! 

Originally posted by whennow

I think this may have to be promoted to a contender for Worst Picture...

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 3:36am

As of 08/09/2007 8:42AM (California Time) The Reviews are 40 out of 41 Rotten at RT , Cuba should crawl under his bed sheets and die of shame. I hate to say it, but the people who made this waste of celluloid should have released it without a press screening, because right now this thing is already DOA. 

Response from Head RAZZberry: Actually, this was released without press screenings. Locally, the L.A. TIMES still hasn't printed a review (I expect it may be in tomorrow's paper). The bulk of the early, nasty reviews were from on-line critics, but with print critics added in today, the numbers at RT are staying consistently in the "It's Gotta Be a Contender" range of Under 5% Approval... 

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 4:48am

I found out this morning that "Daddy Day Camp" was Directed by Fred Savage (of "Wonder Years" fame). Guess Kevin Arnold might get his first Razzies Nomination for Worst Director...wonder what his older self would say about that??

Response from Head RAZZberry: To keep track of all the drek we ought to be considering each year, I keep a running list of potential contenders -- And, yes, Fred Savage, Cuba Gooding Jr. and DADDY DAY CAMP are all prominently included in that list!   

wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 11:23am

What would he say?  Well... 

"...Looking back, I never could figure out what had convinced me to do that.  Then it hit me...I hadn't been myself since the kid dropped the iron on my head, followed by all the other heavy stuff.  So I guess I could be excused for not thinking straight there." 

Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 4:22am
This movie is a bootleger's dream!!!
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2007 at 10:10am

This movie has apparently hit it's high water mark at 2% at Rotten Tomatoes....I think we have an early favorite here....

Now, as much time as we spend talking about bad movies, let me throw a plug for a pretty good one that is going to get overlooked by most movie goers. An Arctic Tale is a wonderful family film released by the National Geographic people. It isn't March of the Penguins by any stretch of the imagination, but it's well worth passsing some time with on a hot summer day. Go take a look.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2007 at 4:49am

An interesting quandry raised by DADDY DAY CAMP: Wth Cuba Gooding appearing in both this and the execrable NORBIT, should we list Gooding as Worst Actor for both this and NORBIT...or as Worst Actor for this and Worst SUPPORTING Actor for NORBIT?? 

THOUGHTS ANYONE??

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2007 at 8:31pm
I think we should give Cuba Gooding, Jr. a good measure of discernment.

Short of that, nominate him in as many categories as he would fit in. I'd
imagine that the more categories he's in, the more press he would receive,
the more likely the message will get across.

You're better than this, Cuba!
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 7:33am
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

An interesting quandry raised by DADDY DAY CAMP: Wth Cuba Gooding appearing in both this and the execrable NORBIT, should we list Gooding as Worst Actor for both this and NORBIT...or as Worst Actor for this and Worst SUPPORTING Actor for NORBIT?? 

THOUGHTS ANYONE??

List his separate performances in their respective categories. AMPAS may comit category fraud sometimes, but that doesn't mean we have to. I don't like it when you group all of an actors bad performances from the year into one category. I think its cheap and it reduces their chance of winning. Like Angelina Jolie in 2004: She should have been placed supporting and won for her horrible performance in Alexander. Also, I find it odd that Melanie Griffith and Alicia Silverstone got double nodded in the 90s but Ashton Kutcher, Angelina Jolie, Hilary duff and Rob Schnieder had their performances grouped together in the 2000s.

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 7:49am

Maybe some consideration should be given to creating a yearly "Body of Work"  category. Individual performances can be listed in specific categories, but when and actor or actress pulls two or more bad performances in a year (are you listening, Tim Allen?) they could still be in jeopardy of recogition from this body.

While I have the floor for a moment, I want to get something off my chest about Hollywood credibility. Yesterday I went to see Resurrecting the Champ. Not a bad movie all in all especially considering its release in the late August graveyard.

The film was set here in Denver, and a few minutes of it were actually filmed here. Just so we locals would recognize the fact, the main character was driving into downtown across I-25 at one point, and passed by Coors Field a few seconds later. Puzzlingly enough, most of the Denver P.D. wasn't in hot pursuit, given the speed he would have had to achieve to accomplish that. There was also a cameo by Denver's most celebrated icon, John Elway. Darn, it's hard to miss a guy when he won't go away.

Anyway, what is bugging me is that this film is supposedly based on a true story.  BUT, the true story involved an L.A. sports writer named J.R. Moehringer. The main character in this film was named Eric Kernan. Obviously the true story was set in L.A. This one was mysteriously moved to Denver, and  utilized a fictious newspaper. How are we supposed to appreciate the fact that this is supposedly based on a "true" story when everything in it is basically b.s.?

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 7:43am

Hmm...These are all the reasons why "Daddy Camp" should be nominated at next year's Razzie awards...

1.) It wasn't funny

2.) It wasn't funny

3.) It wasn't funny

4.) It wasn't funny

5.) oh yea...It was awful

There you go! 

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 7:04am
This was supposed to go direct-to-video. Gee, wonder why?
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2007 at 11:43am
This little nugget found its way onto Yahoo's bottom rated of all time list. Its at 19, other 2007 movies on the list are "Bratz" (10), "I Know Who Killed Me" (17), "Who's Your Caddy" (27), and "Bug" (41). Also, a lot of films that won Razzies are on there. "The Honeymooners" (47), "Freddy Got Fingered" (45), "Book Of Shadows: Blair Witch 2" (44), "Spice World" (39), "The Avengers" (37), "Jaws: The Revenge" (25), "Basic instinct 2" (22), "Glitter" (15), "Son Of The Mask" (11), "Battlefield Earth" (8), "From Justin To Kelly" (7), "Swept Away" (5), and "Gigli" (1).
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
ZookGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZookGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2007 at 12:17am
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

THOUGHTS ANYONE??

Just pan it, pan it good!

Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 1:50pm

Gooding should be nominated for WORST ACTOR in "Daddy Day Camp" and WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR in "Norbit".

What happend to Cuba Gooding Jr.? He's lost all credibilty.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>