Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 28th Annual RAZZIE® "Winners" > DADDY DAY CAMP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A "CAMP Classic" of the Pitiful Kind?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A "CAMP Classic" of the Pitiful Kind?!?!?
    Posted: November 08 2007 at 3:14pm

Cuba Gooding Jr's actually getting good reviews for his performance in American Gangster. Kind of sad that 2007 could have been the end of his slump, but he had to go and make two ass-trocious films before the one good one... 

JoBloMovieGoer View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoBloMovieGoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2008 at 3:38am

Although it is funny that Eddie Murphy "won" every Worst Acting Razzie that didn't go to Lindsay Lohan, I still think "Eddie Murphy surrogate" Cuba Gooding Junior should have gotten our Worst Actor trophy. After all, he was not only awful in DADDY DAY CAMP, he was dually nominated for appearing alongside Murphy in NORBIT as well... 

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 2:16pm
And sadly, this film has NOT ended Cuba's career...
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2008 at 12:57pm
A bad sequel to a movie that wasn't good enough in the first place, Cuba
Gooding Jr.'s career has hit rock bottom.

Eddie Murphy did something right last year when he turned down this
one.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 2:42pm
I don't get it.This movie had the same script writer than the first one.Yet,this one sucks,while the other one was good.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 3:14pm
Um, actually, no. They both sucked @$$!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 8:14am
Come on! The first one was more sentimental, and adults could enjoy it too. This one is all 'bout lame kiddie humour,which includes gross jokes and hitting people you-know-where.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 10:08am
And neither was the best movie for showcasing whatever talent(s)  Murphy or Gooding had left... 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2010 at 2:14pm
Well,a movie's quality can't be rated just by performances. 

In the first one, Eddie Murphy acted like always, but it was either funny or boring -- he just acted. Cuba Gooding Jr. was a lil'over the top, but not (I didn't think)horrible.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 1:27pm
I've finally given the movie a rating:
**/*****
D-
30%

I also gave it to the first movie:
***/*****
C-
60%
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Vits

Well,a movie's quality can't be rated just by performances. 

In the first one, Eddie Murphy acted like always, but it was either funny or boring -- he just acted. Cuba Gooding Jr. was a lil'over the top, but not (I didn't think)horrible.
I guess you're more willing to give bad childern comedies a pass than the rest of us.
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 6:06pm
The first movie was bad, but I will admit, the acting was okay, and the casting was good, but thanks to a rush job, Sony had the urge to screw everything up. Daddy Day Camp, though... just no. It's the worst movie I've ever seen.
Pictures move, do they?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

The first movie was bad, but I will admit, the acting was okay, and the casting was good, but thanks to a rush job, Sony had the urge to screw everything up. Daddy Day Camp, though... just no. It's the worst movie I've ever seen.
Yet another example of a studio going "Oh my God, the movie broke even at the box office, we MUST make a sequel!".
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2010 at 5:51am
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Yet another example of a studio going "Oh my God, the movie broke even at the box office, we MUST make a sequel!".
Of course, I mean Fox did the same with the Seltzerberg movies, saying "OMG, Date Movie was a success at the box office. Let's hire Seltzerberg to do more films so that audiences pisses us off."
Pictures move, do they?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2010 at 11:18am

Of course, I mean Fox did the same with the Seltzerberg movies, saying "OMG, Date Movie was a success at the box office. Let's hire Seltzerberg to do more films so that audiences pisses us off."

More like "It did barely good at the box office,so they deserve more chances...even if they're movies are literally among the worst reviewed of the decade".
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2010 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Vits

More like "It did barely good at the box office,so they deserve more chances...even if they're movies are literally among the worst reviewed of the decade".
"And we don't even need to have Eddie Murphy return, we'll just recast the main role and stick with the black man and his dumb white friend having to look over a bunch of pain in the ass kids!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>