Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 28th Annual RAZZIE® "Winners" > DADDY DAY CAMP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A "CAMP Classic" of the Pitiful Kind?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A "CAMP Classic" of the Pitiful Kind?!?!?
    Posted: November 23 2010 at 4:50pm
Sometimes actors in remakes and sequels say they try not to act the same way the predecessor did.If Cuba had been more like Eddie maybe this wouldn't have been so bad.And the other guys were just there,unlike Jeff Garlin and Steve Zahn who are funny enough for people to notice them when they appear.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 7:24pm
Man, what a terrible movie! Jumping into a river of acid would be better than watching this!

The goo-Oh f*ck this movie!

The bad:

Paul Rae: Rae is bland. No! Calling him bland would be an insult to Robert Pattinson! At least he's honest about how terrible Twilight is and how he's only doing it for money and the chance to tap Kristen Stewart. But seriously, his performance is terrible!

Kevin Arnold: Winnie's a brilliant (and hot!) mathematician. What have you done with your life Mr. Arnold?

Yet another unintentionally inappripriate poster!: To be fair to this poster, it doesn't threaten disgusting animal sex: it threatens torture! Here's a link to it: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2845086464/tt0462244. Look at Cuba's face and the faces of the children. Those are the faces of children who have parents that let them watch both Hostel movies and Cuba knows it!

The ugly:

Lochlyn Munro: I'd say that this is his worst movie, but he was in Dirty Love and as bad as this was, at least there wasn't a scene were Cuba periods all over a store in this! Munro is just obnoxious in this and his performance is terrible!

The script: I could go into detail, but it would probably end with me wanting to do to the writers what those kids are going to do to Cuba in that poster!

Cuba Gooding Jr.: I've never actually seen Jerry Maguire for which Cuba won a Best Supporting Actor Oscar. Considering that it was directed by Cameron Crowe, king of the douches, I probably won't like it. This has causes me to not get pissed-off by his acting choices of late. But, this is just too much! I'd say that he deserved a Worst Actor Razzie, but Norbit was much, much worse!

I was going to make a joke about Radio being smarter than Cuba, but that I considered that too offensive... to Radio! Grade: F

Next-up: The Last Airbender!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2011 at 7:56am
Just to clarify,what did you think about DADDY DAY CARE(no need for a review)?
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Yet another unintentionally inappripriate poster!: To be fair to this poster, it doesn't threaten disgusting animal sex: it threatens torture! Here's a link to it: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2845086464/tt0462244. Look at Cuba's face and the faces of the children. Those are the faces of children who have parents that let them watch both Hostel movies and Cuba knows it!

1)One of the kids has "CHANDLER BING's sex face".So this poster is also about rape.
2)Why does it say "From the studio that brought you DADDY DAY CARE",if this is the sequel?

Lochlyn Munro: I'd say that this is his worst movie, but he was in Dirty Love and as bad as this was, at least there wasn't a scene were Cuba periods all over a store in this!

He's also been in DANCE FLICK,DECK THE HALLS,LITTLE MAN,THE BENCHWARMERS,WHITE CHICKS,FREDDY VS JASON,A GUY'S THING,DRACULA 2000 and A NIGHT AT THE ROXBURY.

Just to clarify,is he actually famous,or just a character actor?

I've never actually seen Jerry Maguire for which Cuba won a Best Supporting Actor Oscar. Considering that it was directed by Cameron Crowe, king of the douches, I probably won't like it.

Why is he "the king of douches"?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2011 at 12:22pm
I didn't like Daddy Day care, but it wasn't bad enough to get a review.

I don't watch Friends so I didn't notice that. As for why it says the studio that brought you Daddy Day Care, I think it says that because almost no-one from the first one was involved and they needed some way to tie it to the first one.

Lochlyn Munro isn't famous or a character actor: he's just a guy that worms his way into terrible movies. Also, according to imdb and Wikipedia, he was in Unforgiven, one of my favorite movies, but he's billed WAY low!

Cameron Crowe is the king of douches because every movie that I've seen from him gives off the impression that he thinks he's better than us. This was exemplified best with Almost Famous and Elizabethtown. Although, to be fair, I'm not sure if he's really the best choice for king of the douches. Alan Ball and Richard Kelly are pretty douchey themselves!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2011 at 2:47pm

I didn't like Daddy Day care, but it wasn't bad enough to get a review.

So...it was a masterpiece compared to this one?

Cameron Crowe is the king of douches because every movie that I've seen from him gives off the impression that he thinks he's better than us. This was exemplified best with Almost Famous and Elizabethtown. Although, to be fair, I'm not sure if he's really the best choice for king of the douches. Alan Ball and Richard Kelly are pretty douchey themselves!

It's really really hard when someone wants to make a point in a movie without being pretentious.

I don't really remember a pretentious vibe from ALMOST FAMOUS(7/10)or THE BOX.

As for AMERICAN BEAUTY(9/10),well,that was 1999,when pro-gay propaganda was called "pro-gay messageS".Today it can be propaganda.Just ask Ryan Murphy.Something I really liked from TRUE BLOOD was that vampires represented any kind of minorities("They have the right to drink a bottle of artificial blood as much as you and I have to drink beer".),but as the show has progressed,they've been representing just gays("Don't you know it's a sin to bang one of them fangers?")...or maybe it has always been that way and I didn't notice.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2011 at 4:07pm

True Blood's always been that way. There was an early episode that featured a church with a sign in front that says: "God hates fangs." Personally, I've always found that metaphor to be idiotic: when was the last time you heard of a gay person draing the blood out of someone? The same goes for X-Men.

Also, Ryan Murphy is a good candidate for king of the douches. Mainly for his reaction to Kings Of Leon not wanting their songs on Glee.
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2011 at 4:55pm

True Blood's always been that way. There was an early episode that featured a church with a sign in front that says: "God hates fangs." Personally, I've always found that metaphor to be idiotic: when was the last time you heard of a gay person draing the blood out of someone? The same goes for X-Men.
Yes, the use of supernatural or paranormal beings as a metaphor for hatred towards homosexuals or ethnic groups is quite tiresome, and even laughable at times. There's a big world of difference between being sexually attracted to a person of the same gender and/or being able to shoot laser beams from your eyes!

PS: Why all the hate for Cameron Crowe? Michael Bay comes across 100 times more of an a-hole than Crowe does. Bay comes across as "Yeah, you know my movie is going to be $hit, but you're going to see it anyway and make me even richer, just to further prove that you don't need talent to make movies ... and that's me!"
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2011 at 5:04pm

Personally, I've always found that metaphor to be idiotic: when was the last time you heard of a gay person draing the blood out of someone?
Call me crazy,but I look at it this way:In TRUE BLOOD,people let vampires bite them.It hurts but at the same time it gives them pleasure.Sounds familiar?

Also, Ryan Murphy is a good candidate for king of the douches. Mainly for his reaction to Kings Of Leon not wanting their songs on Glee.
No,I don't think he's a douche.He's just always pushing his agenda down our throats.And most times I don't even think he's right:
-He thinks that when 2 male buddies tease each other saying "What are you,a fag?" is exactly as bad as insulting a gay guy.
-He thinks that if a gay guy gets bullied for cross-dressing,and the gay guy knows he'll get bullied,he should express himself with something as meaningless as fashion instead of not throwing wood to the fire.
-He thinks if a gay person is having any kind of discussion,is OK for them to play the victim over being gay,even if it has nothing to do with the fight.
I would bet anything that KURT HUMMELL is 100% based on him.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2011 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by SuperTeenTopia

PS: Why all the hate for Cameron Crowe? Michael Bay comes across 100 times more of an a-hole than Crowe does. Bay comes across as "Yeah, you know my movie is going to be $hit, but you're going to see it anyway and make me even richer, just to further prove that you don't need talent to make movies ... and that's me!"

I never said that Bay wasn't a douche. It's just that Bay and Crowe are two different types of douche. Bay's your basic a-hole jock douche, while Crowe's an up-his-own-ass douche. I generally find the up-your-own-ass douche to be more annoying.

I'd have to say that Crowe's douchiest moment is a deleted scene from Almost Famous. In the scene, the Cameron Crowe stand-in convinces his mom to let him write for Rolling Stone by playing Stairway To Heaven for her. The whole scene was just them listening to Stairway To Heaven. Who films a scene like that? If you want to highlight a song, have it play over a scene or, at the very least, get a performer to sing it*; don't just play the song on a record! Thankfully, the scene was deleted because they couldn't get the rights to play it. So, if you watch the deleted scene on DVD, it's just them listening to nothing.

*Like Crowe did in Singles.
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2011 at 8:35pm
I will admit, "Almost Famous" was nothing more than Crowe's love letter to himself.
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234