Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > ARTHUR AND THE INVISIBLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Diabetically Dangerous "Entertainment"!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Diabetically Dangerous "Entertainment"!
    Posted: December 26 2006 at 4:58am

AN ENTIRE MOVIE DEVOTED to CHARACTERS THAT LOOK LIKE THOSE HIDEOUS 1960s TROLL TOYS...and FEATURING MIA FARROW and the VOICES of MADONNA, SNOOP DOGG and JIMMY FALLON -- SOUND LIKE FUN to YOU? DIDN'T THINK SO! 

Troll #1: "Lookit me! I'm blowin' Fairy Dust out my ass!"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
whennow View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote whennow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2006 at 9:27am
The first review is positive and it is from Slant of all places.
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2006 at 5:04pm
Somewhere, Walt Disney is having a migraine for the ages, seeing what lugs of all sizes are doing to his beloved medium (and his dictum of story over subsentence).  Let's all wish upon a star, and pray it's only a passing fad! 
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2006 at 3:41am
Why do I think this title will be a prediction of what I will find in the theater?? A man named Arthur, surrounded by hundreds of empty seats...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
AllisonSNLKid View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllisonSNLKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2006 at 11:49am

Oh no, is this one of those "human kid becomes a cartoon" kind of movies?  Been there, done that, and have never seen any of them!  Too embarrassing!

Allison :-)

"It's like some people do things because they get paid. And that's just really sad." - Garth Algar (Dana Carvey) "Wayne's World"
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllisonSNLKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2006 at 11:49am

Yeah...I just pictured it.  Most excellent prediction!

Originally posted by Razzilla

Why do I think this title will be a prediction of what I will find in the theater?? A man named Arthur, surrounded by hundreds of empty seats...

"It's like some people do things because they get paid. And that's just really sad." - Garth Algar (Dana Carvey) "Wayne's World"
whennow View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote whennow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2006 at 12:38am

Madonna is getting raves across the board.

Response from Head RAZZberry: Mayhaps Madonna isn't getting her usual ripping reviews, but the film itself is hardly a hit with critics. Opening in limitied release in New York and LA, it is currently (9:35am/PST on 12-29-06) getting a troll-sized 20% Approval Rating at Rotten Tomatoes (LINK)...

Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllisonSNLKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2006 at 10:04am

I smell another "Swept Away" for Madonna - my brother is one of the few people who actually "rented" that movie (from the video store we both used to work at). At least he didn't pay to see it!  LOL!

Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2006 at 12:28pm
I already mentioned in another thread about the 14% (and I predict falling fast) numbers at RT... Perhaps it might be even safe to say a Razzie nod will go with it???

Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
whennow View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote whennow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 10:22am
This is like Lady in the water in which the problem is with the writer/director not with any of the actors really. Madonna is not the star and it can hardly be another Swept Away when she actually is not getting Swept Away reviews, though if some people just want to give Madonna a razzie nomination for existing like they did with Die Another Day or for some bizarre reason Truth or Dare there will be probably no stopping them.
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 11:20am
I'm not sure if Madonna would get a Razzie nod for her performance this time...but the movie as a whole should get at least one...
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 11:21am

Uh...maybe I'm giving Arthur too much credit???

Originally posted by AllisonSNLKid

Yeah...I just pictured it.  Most excellent prediction!  Allison :-)  

Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllisonSNLKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2007 at 5:27am

Good old Arthur...not to be confused with the drunken british one that Dudley Moore played to to a "t"!!! 

Originally posted by AllisonSNLKid

Yeah...I just pictured it.  Most excellent prediction! Allison :-)  

Uh...maybe I'm giving Arthur too much credit???

ArtGirl138 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ArtGirl138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2007 at 4:28am

Here, here! We need better writing talent on these movies...

Originally posted by wetbandit82

Somewhere, Walt Disney is having a migraine for the ages, seeing what lugs of all sizes are doing to his beloved medium (and his dictum of story over subsentence).  Let's all wish upon a star, and pray it's only a passing fad! 

Self-Proclaimed Cartoon Geek
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2007 at 7:05am
Acting talent...better direction...a studio head with half a brain... You name it, they need it!

Originally posted by ArtGirl138

Here, here! We need better writing talent on these movies...

Originally posted by wetbandit82

wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2007 at 12:07pm
And a different attitudinal aim, too.  The reason classic and Renaissance-era Disney films before 1970, Pixar films now and, to a lesser extent, Don Bluth's films, work so well is that they're not cynical, or aimed solely at the air-headed crowd (sure, they'd claim Shrek worked this way, but Shrek worked because it put a good basic story with a strong heart alongside its satirical bits).  The classics tell their stories honestly and with feeling, and t hope to get everyone to like them, not just the children and/or adolescents. Indeed, it seems to be a stereotype in this country that animation in general is only for the young, when most of the best animated material in our history is not so limited in its aims. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>