Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > DATE MOVIE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Faux Chick Flick...How SICK!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Faux Chick Flick...How SICK!
    Posted: December 31 2006 at 9:59am

A SCARY MOVIE RIP-OFF, THIS ONE SATIRIZING TEAR-JERKERS, ROMANTIC COMEDIES (and ANYTHING ELSE THE FILM-MAKERS CHOSE to THROW IN) DATE MOVIE HAS THE DUBIOUS DISTINCTION of TAKING FIRST PLACE in THIS YEAR's IMDB POLL NAMING THE BERRY WORST of 2006.

BUT WHAT SAY YOU??

Carmen Electra: "Oh, go ape sh*t! I didn't hear the ape part -- I thought you just told me to go sh*t...Can I get a clean bikini now, please?"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2007 at 3:18am

This movie's script is so sad. It actually feels like a ten year old had a girl classmate show him all of her favorite scenes from her favorite romantic comedies, then he took each scene and added a gross out joke (his favorite kind of humor) and had his main character experience each scene in random order. Then he added jokes from movies he liked, including Lord of the Rings and Star Wars, and finally he added a scene were a woman fake strips, because he thinks it's so risqué.

That could have been how this script was written! 

jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2007 at 3:35am

Carmen Electra could have been on the ballot for a new category this year: Worst Cameo Appearance                                                  for both Date Movie and Scary Movie 4.

The ballot could have also included Dr. Phil for Scary Movie 4 and Rob Schnieder for Little man.

sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2007 at 5:16pm

Up next from the guys who did DATE MOVIE is EPIC MOVIE, which should end up being the Worst New Movie of the Weak for January 26. There is another bad one coming out that same day, BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE, but which one of those will be picked as worst new movie of the week for January 26? Head RAZZ -- what will your decision be?? 

Response from Head RAZZberry: Although EPIC MOVIE looks awfully rotten, the trailer for BLOOD & CHOCOLATE actually got laughed at when it played on the head of ROCKY BALBOA, so at this point, I'm inclined to go with Ludicrous Euro-Trash Werewolves rather than Bone-Headed American Satire for that week's Worst of the Weak... 

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2007 at 1:16pm

Epic Movie doesn't look as bad as Date Movie, because the material parodied is actually able to be parodied. You can't parody romantic comedies! That is why Date Movie was so flat.

Blood and Chocolate looks like its about werewolves and not vampires, but I think it will still follow in the path of last year's two bad January vampire films. And it it is rated pg-13, and I don't know if it will help or hurt that it won't have all the gore that was in last year's vampire films.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2007 at 5:18pm

I guess the guys at IMDb.com have a point of this being the #1 Worst New Movie of 2006 on IMDb. Of course, jb razz, you did mention one of them. It's that you can't parody romantic comedies.

Adam Campbell and Alyson Hannigan in 20th Century Fox's Date Movie

Of course, I guess Blood and Chocolate will be bad since Hollywood just has a hard time making good horror movies. But actually, Head RAZZ, you remember you put Epic Movie as one of the top Razzie Contenders for 2007. If it does make it on the Forum, it could be the #2 Worst New Movie of the Weak...

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 7:01am
Originally posted by jb razz

Carmen Electra could have been on the ballot for a new
category this year: Worst Cameo Appearance                                                      
for both Date Movie and Scary Movie 4.

The ballot could have also included Dr. Phil for Scary Movie 4 and Rob
Schnieder for Little man.

Well, I sort of got my wish. Carmen Electra was nominated for the same two
movies in the supporting actress category, and Rob was nominated for worst
actor??? along with his Benchwarmers "performance".
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 6:22am
I've been looking at sportsartist's topic on Scary Movie 4, he knew it would be a Razzie contender, and he was right! Like you said, jb razz, Carmen Electra was nominated for those same two movies in the supporting actress category.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2007 at 6:17am
Let's see, Carmen Electra was nominated for Worst Supporting Actor for Starsky and Hutch in 2004, Dirty Love for 2005, and now this along with Scary Movie 4. That streak will continue occasionally.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2007 at 6:35am
You know something, I think what's as worse as seeing a seminaked pic of Cameron is seeing a seminaked pic of Carmen Electra. Like this one right here...
Carmen Electra enjoys being outdoors in her underwear in Dimension's Scary Movie
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2007 at 4:28pm
Be careful with those kinds of pics, bruin. I definitely don't want to see anyone's eyes start hurting and making them scream, "Will I ever see again?"
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2007 at 5:12pm
Sorry 'bout that, sportsartist, I guess everyone's gonna have to be careful what to do for sure.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2007 at 4:24am
I'm going to rent this film and watch it for Valentine's Day since it's coming up. I already know that it's a bad film, but still. Some people are just choosing to watch this to get their dating skills working well, but that's not why I'm choosing to rent this film.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2007 at 1:57pm
Well, I think it was decent. Not as bad as people said it was.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2007 at 3:45am

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Well, I think it was decent. Not as bad as people said it was.

Really, well, did you actually forget that this movie was voted as IMDb's Worst Film of 2006? Because I think you really forgot about that part.

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2007 at 2:09am
Well, just watched this film, and yes, this was NOT the best Valentine's Day film to see. It was just plain dumb, and I mean plain dumb. I just think anyone who just enjoys having this film for a Valentine's Day gift is like totally nuts and just idiots to be getting something like this. There were just too many grossing things in this movies, stuff that can actually make you puke. YUCK!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>