Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Giant Hit...& Still a Piece o’ sh*t??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Giant Hit...& Still a Piece o’ sh*t??
    Posted: January 06 2010 at 1:23pm

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

If you blow enough money, (or.... nvm, I'll avoid that Michael Bay joke) you can make anything look good.
Michael Bay is talented in the sense that he knows what people like to see. It's kind of like calling the people who work in the Hostess factories good cooks because they make Twinkies.

Exactly. He knows fans like pretty thing and stuff blowing up, and cars chasing each other, and so that's ALL he ever films. I mean, if Spielberg filmed nothing but movies about aliens befriending humans because "ET" was such a success, would he still be the greatest commerical filmmaker?

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2010 at 9:30am
Someone needs to paint Elvis on velvet. It'd just be nice if less people bought it.
-Iron helps us play-
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2010 at 6:56pm
What are the odds of Revenge of the Fallen sweeping the awards like I Know Who Killed Me in 2007 or Battlefield Earth in 2000?
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2010 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

What are the odds of Revenge of the Fallen sweeping the awards like I Know Who Killed Me in 2007 or Battlefield Earth in 2000?
Very, very, very, VERY good. Or, if you would ... berry, berry, berry, BERRY good.
Film Cricket View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Cricket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2010 at 9:39pm
I registered so I could weigh in on this movie in particular.  I have a part-time, just-for-the-money job in the electronics department at the local Wal-Mart.  When Trannies, Too opened I avoided it at all costs, and didn't see a frame of the actual movie (except TV and theatre trailers) until it was on DVD and I could borrow my brother's copy to watch at home.  I mean, I wasn't actually going to pay for it was I?  But oh boy, did I pay for it.  I got through an hour before I took it back to my brothers and banished it forever from my home.  I was getting physically ill from the fact that the camera wouldn't stop moving.  I have a feeling no one can explain the plot to me without a long-winded rant filled with pointless fan-boy details.  The "movie" wouldn't slow down to explain who the characters were, why we should care for or hate them, and what exactly it was they were doing.

Now, you say, I didn't watch all of it so I have no right to comment on it, right?  Wrong.  I survived two weeks of this piece of parasitic excrement playing on the HDTV wall at Wal-Mart.  Most of my shifts I was working mere feet from the cacophonous sh*tstorm of Trannies, Too.  For up to eight hours a day.  I am now familiar with every frame, sound effect and line of dialogue of Trannies, Too.  It's a fan-boy's wet dream: a hugely successful FX cinematic massacre that only fan-boys "get" because it would take a Dungeons and Dragons-sized book to explain it, and God knows fan-boys have that kind of time on their hands.

Trannies, Too benefited from the "big movie" audience that still exists and has made the deeply-flawed Avatar the biggest grossing movie of all time (yes, I know about inflation and Gone With The Wind, but facts are facts.)  This audience, which consists of the usual pimple-faces, fat bearded no-lifes, desperately lonely middle-aged women well past their physical prime, and twenty-something single guys with no girlfriends, is easily fooled by the smokescreens Hollywood and it's media subsidiaries puts up to dupe them into believing crap=quality, and 2+2=5.  These are two of their mantras:

1. Trannies, Too is a misunderstood masterpiece panned by critics resentful of Michael Bay's success.
2. Trannies, Too's box office success is because it is what the movie-going public wants to see.

There's a bit of truth to the second statement, and the first is a revision of a popular idea that a movie must be good because critics hate it.  But to understand the depressing reality of North American consumerism, you have to work in a place like a Wal-Mart electronics department for an extended period of time, at least a year so you get the feel of all the different seasons of movie releases.  DVD and Blu-Ray releases are a clockwork industry; you never go too long without some over-hyped piece of sh*t being given a huge marketing campaign for it's release.  Customers of course don't remember when you had to wait in the reservation queue at the local VHS rental store to see a new release at all.  With Trannies, Too, on it's first day of release on DVD and Blu-Ray, a lot of customers sounded like their life depended on getting a copy.  Then I wondered why someone would kill themselves over a "movie" that isn't even a movie.  So now it comes to why I think Trannies, Too may be the end of fan-boys in general.

With Trannies, Too, fan-boys are backed into a corner.  They can't defend the quality of the movie, so all they have left is it's financial success.  I mean, I'm not a Harry Potter fan, but I will concede that the series deserves the critical acclaim it's getting (especially the most recent movie.)  I would concede that Trannies, Too deserved better if I actually thought it was a good movie, even if I wasn't a fan of the Transformers.  That's just the kind of objective, big-hearted guy I am.

Could it be that in the future movies will have to be good, with sharp, intelligent writing and competent direction to be considered a success, even if the movie makes the most money of all time?  Trannies, Too, proved that the big-movie audience will still obediently line up like army ants for anything that resembles the kind of cultural event that accompanied Star Wars or Harry Potter.  When they can gobble it up like heroin on a legal format or download it illegally, they will do so, usually without thinking, and I have lots of anecdotal testimony to that fact.  No one I talked to on the first week of it's DVD release even mentioned that they thought it was a good movie.  They needed it because, well, everyone else was getting it, the TV told them they should get it, and they wanted a big blow-em-up CGI FX Blu-Ray to justify to themselves the thousands of dollars they spent on their HDTV and home theatre (a lot of customers said that very thing almost to the letter!)

I still don't know what the plot to Trannies, Too was, and I respect my brain too much to try to wrap it around some poorly-written Wiki nonsense.  If you've made it this far, thanks!
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2010 at 5:00am
What Film Cricket said above is quite possibly one of the best reviews of "Transformers 2" I have ever read.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2010 at 12:50pm
I just saw the trailer for "Transformers: War For Cybertron". Holy f***ing s***! It makes "Bayformers" look even worse  by comparison! THIS is what the movies should have been!

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
PopcornAvenger View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote PopcornAvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2010 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Michaels

Originally posted by GTAHater767

Very, very, very, VERY good. Or, if you would ... berry, berry, berry, BERRY good.

Might be a dead heat between this POS and Twilight:NM

EDIT: I stand corrected. Twilight:NM didn't receive even one nomination! Amazing . . . it shows it was a berry berry good (or bad) year for Razzie-worthy dreck . . . .
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2010 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by PopcornAvenger

EDIT: I stand corrected. Twilight:NM didn't receive even one nomination! Amazing . . . it shows it was a berry berry good (or bad) year for Razzie-worthy dreck . . . .
Actually, I think it's up for 4 Razzies: Supporting Actor, On-Screen Couple, Sequel, and I think Screenplay.
kennyshafard View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote kennyshafard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2010 at 2:36am
It was lengthy, pointless, full-of-special-effects movie like thing. 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2010 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by kennyshafard

It was lengthy, pointless, full-of-special-effects movie like thing. 
Yes it was. Yes it was.
PopcornAvenger View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote PopcornAvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2010 at 11:03am
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Actually, I think it's up for 4 Razzies: Supporting Actor, On-Screen Couple, Sequel, and I think Screenplay.
Huh. It's not mentioned at all in the press release; I need to find the definitive list
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2010 at 11:33am

Huh. It's not mentioned at all in the press release; I need to find the definitive list
If anything, it will win Worst Supporting Actor (much to Miguel's delight), while "Bayformers 2" will win everything else (much to MY delight)!
Merg View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Merg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2010 at 11:03am
Despite all your whine little ignorant razzie BS and giving Revenge of the Fallen the award for worst picture of the year, I do give you some credit for certain movies like Battlefield Earth... but that is all I can give you.

If you honestly think Revenge of the Fallen was the worst film, then I would hate to see what you call a good film. You must have had a very unhappy childhood to not love seeing something from your childhood being reborn for the new generations because Transformers was just awesome then and now.

Let me explain. Revenge was not so much for character development as it was for furthering the story of Transformers, which it did very well. Yes, they spent lots of money to make it look awesome and there were parts that were not great but the overall effect of Revenge of the Fallen fulfilled exactly what it was designed for, providing bang for your buck.

The story was pretty typical for Transformers, Decepticons get the upper hand only to have the Autobots win out in the end. Classic Transformers all the way.

So you whiny little agry girls can complain about this "fan-boy" bashing your completely ignorant choice, but really, your complaints are just born out of jealousy of a tried and true formula put to a theme of your youth and turning it into an even bigger money-maker.

Revenge of the Fallen was one of the best movies of the year. If you think this movie was worse than G.I. Joe (bad acting, bad cgi, bad script, just about bad everything), you are sadly mistaken and have no clue was to what a good movie is. Oh, and your berry, berry good comments... wow, if you think that is a quality line... it explains everything about why Hollywood mostly thinks of you as a joke and why people here have names like burnhollywoodburn... angry much over your rejection by Hollywood? Get a clue and a life.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2010 at 11:38am
*cough*troll*cough*hater*if you don't like our choices why bother posting here*cough*.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2010 at 12:48pm
Yet again another Angry ( Did you see that "Merg" I put a "N" in "Angry" instead of "Agry", there is a free spell checker you can use the next time you postWink) Stallone Supporter...whoops, sorry I meant Bay Supporter (Sorry guys, I get these people confused because it sounds like they all come from the same place) who was not happy with the Majority of our Voting MembershipCry. Well Merg, I hate to tell you that I was alone this year because my Horse (Land of the Lost) was in the Minority and did not amply get the justice it deserved. By far, Trannies Too (As it is known here) was a way better movie on so many levels than the "Re-imaged" Land of The lost. I honestly think that Trannies Too won because sooooo many more people saw it than Land of The Lost (I really wish I had been one of those people, I sometime's still go take a shower with just thinking of the movie and feeling so unclean!!!Dead). I seriously bet if the same amount of people who saw Trannies Too had seen the Land of the Losers (What I call this movie) it may have been a different story last night. But we must accept what was and move on, because in life not everybody is going to hold your own personal opion (In fact sometimes everybody's opion may differ from yours).
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>