Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2013 TITLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD
    Posted: February 13 2013 at 5:03am
MEMBER-STARTED FORUM DISCUSSION  

EVEN THE MIGHTY DIE HARD FRANCHISE DOESN'T STAND A CHANCE WHEN "THE CURSE OF THE WINTER DUMPING GROUND" STRIKES. EXCEPT FOR DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE (WHICH MOST CRITICS THOUGHT WAS MEDIOCRE) THE DIE HARD FRANCHISE HAS TURNED OUT SOME OF THE BEST ACTION FILMS OF THE PAST 1/4 CENTURY. WITH VALENTINE'S DAY, LOVE IS IN THE AIR ACROSS AMERICA -- BUT THE FLAMES OF DEATH DEFIANCE ARE DOUSED WITH EPISODE 5: A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD.

I UNDERESTIMATED THE RAZZIE PROSPECTS OF THIS FILM SPECTACULARLY. ONE INSTINCT TOLD ME THAT, WITH A RELEASE IN THE MIDDLE OF BLIZZARD SEASON, PERHAPS THIS FILM'S MAKERS KNEW THEIR LUCK WAS RUNNING OUT. I (AND OF ALL OTHER PEOPLE, HEAD RAZZBERRY!) SHOULD'VE FOLLOWED THAT INTUITION. BUT PERHAPS THE MOST TELLTALE WARNING WAS THIS FILM'S DIRECTOR: JOHN MOORE (RESPONSIBLE FOR THE REMAKE OF THE OMEN, AND MARK WAHLBERG'S AND MILA KUNIS' VIDEO GAME ADAPTATION MAX PAYNE).

AS FOR THE MAIN STAR, BRUCE WILLIS... WELL, IF YOU LOOKED UP THE DEFINITION OF "HIT-OR-MISS ACTOR" IN THE DICTIONARY, HIS PICTURE WOULD BELONG NEXT TO IT. THOUGH MOST OF THE FILMS HE'S STARRED IN THROUGH THE NEW MILLENNIUM HAVE BEEN GOOD OR AVERAGE, HE'S STARRED IN THE FOLLOWING BAD FILMS: TEARS OF THE SUN, CHARLIE'S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE, THE WHOLE TEN YARDS, PERFECT STRANGER, COP OUT, THE EXPENDABLES, THE COLD LIGHT OF DAY, AND THE EXPENDABLES 2. NOT TO MENTION G. I. JOE: RETALIATION, THE LATEST SEQUEL TO A WORST PICTURE FINALIST, IS COMING IN A MONTH OR SO.

BUT IT'S OBVIOUS YOU WANT YOUR SHOT AT THIS! SO GO AHEAD! WATCH AS THE DIE-HARD EQUIVALENTS OF TWI-HARDS FINALLY SUCCUMB TO THE RAVAGES OF WINTER!

AND HERE's PROOF -- GLORIOUS PROOF!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2013 at 11:38am
And here's more proof: the R.T. rating has started off at 0%!

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2013 at 6:45pm
I am actually surprised that it was this horrible, and I am one of the few that thought this was going to be bad.

I mean, this right now has a 7% on Rotten Tomatoes. That is just 2 above Movie 43's rating!
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2013 at 8:49am
I'm sorry, did HeadRAZZ say he wasn't going to create a Forum for this? 

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2013 at 12:46pm
You have to understand: Someone told me HeadRAZZ was looking forward to this. And even if he wasn't, he'd still be too busy to make any more forums until at least March 8 (more than a week after this year's Worst of 2012 RAZZIES). He needs at least 10 days of resting time following all RAZZIE ceremonies from now on. 

We'll see if he's ready to come charging back to start new forums next month. But it looks like January and February are all up to us! 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2013 at 7:28pm
R.T. Rating:10-15%, Consensus: "This is the weakest entry in a storied franchise, and not even Bruce Willis' smirking demeanor can enliven the clichéd, uninspired script." 

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2013 at 1:50am
This parody video I created sums up what practically everyone thinks of this film: 

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2013 at 3:16pm
I just got back from seeing this. It was terrible! There was shaky-cam, the plot was completely incomprehensible, and the acting sucked. But, the thing that irritated me the most was how they turned John McClane into a goddamn superhero! He's able to survive not one, but two falls from great hights and is able to run around Chernobyl without adverse health effects. The thing that made the first one so great was how McClane was an everyman. He wasn't like Ah-nuld in Commando or Rambo -- he was vulnerable. 

My Grade:

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2013 at 5:48pm
So, do you think it should be nominated for any Razzies

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2013 at 8:21pm
Yes, specifically Worst Remake/Rip-Off or Sequel! 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2013 at 6:49pm
I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Director.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Prequel or Sequel.
-Worst Picture.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2014 at 8:41pm
There's many movies that look terrible and live up (or should that be down?) to their expectations. And then there's movies like A Good Day To Die Hard, which could have been good, but ended up sucking to high heaven.

The only good part of the film is Mary Elizabeth Winstead's cameo. In her five minutes of screen-time she has better chemistry with Bruce Willis than Jai Courtney does in the entire film.

The villains of the film are the worst that the franchise has ever seen. They're not Hans Gruber or Simon Gruber or Thomas Gabriel or the naked army guy from the second one. They're so bland that I forgot their names.

It's almost impressive how much Bruce Willis doesn't care here. This is one of the most disgustingly blatant paycheck roles in a while. He smirks every other line and spits out a few half-assed one-liners. Jai Courtney is awful too. He has no charisma whatsoever. He reminded me a lot of Sam Worthington, except they'd be an insult to Sam Worthington! The script for this is awful. I think that it might have been written with crayons. John Moore is a hack director with no eye for an action. This is one of the most boring action movies I've seen in a while. But the absolutely worst thing about the film is what they did to John McClane. Anyone who looked at my top 100 list knows how much how love the original Die Hard. The McClane in that film is a realistic character. The McClane in this film is a Goddamn cartoon character. He shrugs off falls from great heights like he's Wile E. Coyote and, in one of the most draw-droppingly dumb moments in recent film history, runs around Chernobyl without getting radiation poisoning. If they make a Die Hard 6, it should be about John dying of radiation poisoning.

Much like The Hangover Part III, I liked it even less after re-watching it.

My grade: D-

Next-up: Olympus Has Fallen V.S. White House Down!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2014 at 8:38am
They are making DIE HARD PART 6. It'll take place in Japan.
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

If they make a Die Hard 6, it should be about John dying of radiation poisoning.
Why did you re-watch them?
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Much like The Hangover Part III, I liked it even less after re-watching it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2014 at 12:31pm
While I didn't like them, my dad did and he wanted to re-watch them on DVD.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2014 at 1:50pm
Only those 2 movies?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2014 at 2:32pm
I also re-watched Insidious: Chapter 2 on DVD because my mom didn't see it and she wanted too. My C grade stands.
 Post Reply Post Reply