Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > ZOMBIELAND
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A GOOD Horror Movie? In 2009?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A GOOD Horror Movie? In 2009?!?!?
    Posted: October 03 2009 at 12:33pm

Oh, yes, I did. So what? I picked the most recent movie with that short of a length. I could have picked "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" but that movie is 90 minutes and this movie is around 80 minutes, which is why I picked TFD, which had a running time of 81 minutes. I hardly call that as an excuse for anything, if at all trying to bring a discussion about the FD franchise. See, if you wouldn't have said that and complained like you always do, we wouldn't be arguing about whether or not I tried to bring FD into the discussion for the past 5 posts. 

Originally posted by Michaels

Ah, dude, you compared the movie time length of "FD" to that of "Zombieland". I do consider that reaching for any excuse just to talk about "FD".

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2009 at 2:05pm

MWG and "FD" aside, a friend of mine saw "Zombieland" and said he was happy that it went beyond his expectations and that it was one of the few times he left the theater feeling as if he didn't waste his money. He said it was like "Superbad" meets "Shaun of the Dead", and it was funny as hell. But a warning to saturnwatcher, he also said it was gory.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2009 at 2:12pm
Ok. Getting back on topic, I just saw the movie today and I enjoyed it very much. It was funny and has an endearing quality to it. I enjoyed every second of it! 8/10
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2009 at 2:55pm

To the credit of the people who made this movie, the trailers provided adequate warning to those of us who aren't comfortable with that kind of imagery. It is always pleasing to hear when a movie is entertaining those who choose to see it, and equally pleasing when the makers of the movie recognize that it will not appeal to certain audiences, and they are honest enough to steer us away. 

Originally posted by Michaels

MWG and "FD" aside, a friend of mine saw "Zombieland" and said he was happy that it went beyond his expectations and that it was one of the few times he left the theater feeling as if he didn't waste his money. He said it was like "Superbad" meets "Shaun of the Dead", and it was funny as hell. But a warning to saturnwatcher, he also said it was gory.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2009 at 3:13am
Yeah, it's crazy, right? A H-Wood movie that is actually good, and is mindful of who its target audience is. That's unheard of these days!
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2009 at 11:33am

Also saw the movie. I thought there should have been even more over-the-top zombie violence, being as this is somewhat of a satire of zombie movies. I thought the "zombie survival rules" were a little over-stated at times, but still, it was a hilarious movie.

H-wood should make more of these type of horror films, instead of crap like Final Destination or Saw sequels.

By the way, anyone else agree that the best part of the movie was the cameo? 

Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2009 at 2:35pm

I do. I laughed out loud and the part when s/he said about a regret, I laughed out so loud. And when they recreated that scene from that movie, that was pretty funny. I'm trying to not give anything away but I really enjoyed it! My brother, who saw it with me, didn't find it funny. My mom didn't get any of it, since she didn't know who the person was. But the rest of the audience was laughing.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2009 at 4:43pm

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Originally posted by thomsonmg2000

H-wood should make these more of these types of horror films instead of crap like Final Destination or Saw sequels.

I knew that was going to rub you the wrong way. But he has a point, H-Wood needs to take a lesson from this movie. Zombie movies are coming out a dime a dozen these days, it was a genre ripe for parody and this movie delivered. Maybe now filmmakers will be forced to bring something new and fresh to the genre. As for "Final Destination" and "Saw", if there were ever two horror movies that need parodying, it's those two, because at this point they have become self-parody or have gone the way of beating a dead horse with a stick.

babypook View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote babypook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2009 at 6:57am

I had a great time watching Zombieland. I found it snide, hilarious, touching, scary; and that cameo by you-know-who was simply priceless!

What are the odds of him getting an Oscar nod, or any type of awards recognition? After all, with the attention paid to Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, and RDjr last year, why not?

Zombieland may not have been that original, but it exceeded my expectations. It was great fun.

razzalynne2000
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2009 at 9:21am
Originally posted by thomsonmg2000

The cameo was awesome, and important for setting the tone of the movie - not serious.
-Iron helps us play-
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2009 at 12:31pm
ummm...the surprise cameo is the worst kept secret around, so feel free to discuss it at will. I haven't seen the movie, but I already know all about it...in fact, I read about it before the film was released
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2009 at 9:03am
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

ummm...the surprise cameo is the worst kept secret around, so feel free to discuss it at will. I haven't seen the movie, but I already know all about it...in fact, I read about it before the film was released

I more or less did too. They had it on the cast list on IMDb like months before it was released and people on the boards were asking "Why is _________ listed as 'himself'?" But good thing I read that months ago. I forgot about it until the scene came up and I was like, "Oooooh." Good thing I didn't put the two and two together.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2009 at 3:31pm
Yeah, as for the cameo ... let me put it this way: when there's zombies in your amusement park, who ya gonna call?
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2009 at 7:00am
FRED DURST!
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2009 at 2:10pm

Um, okay. Not my first choice. But hey, if that's whose hands you want to put your life in...

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2010 at 7:13pm
I've considered this for my Top 40 Films of Double-O-Nine, but it isn't all guaranteed yet. The chances are 50/50, variant on what I read next week on or around February 2.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>