Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > THE WOLFMAN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Great, Big, Hairy DOG of a Movie?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Great, Big, Hairy DOG of a Movie?!?!?
    Posted: February 03 2010 at 7:45am
WHEN a MEGA-BUDGET, EXPENSIVE-FX-LADEN PRODUCTION FEATURING MULTIPLE PAST OSCAR® WINNERS and NOMINEES in ITS CAST OPENS in FEBRUARY, THOSE in the KNOW KNOW SOMETHING's GONE WRONG... 

TOP-LINING ANTHONY HOPKINS (GIVING ONE of HIS  I ALREADY WON an OSCAR® and NO LONGER HAVE to BOTHER ACTING" PERFORMANCES), FAILED 2009 OSCAR®-BAITER EMILY BLUNT (WHO WAS JUST SNUBBED for BEST ACTRESS in and as YOUNG VICTORIA) PLAYING the "WOLF-BAIT" ROLE and 2001 BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR OSCAR WINNER BENICIO DEL TORO in the TITLE ROLE, THE WOLFMAN WAS HANDLED MUCH LIKE UNIVERSAL DID with THEIR DUD ANG LEE REMAKE of THE HULK: THEY APPARENTLY PUT IT OUT THERE in HOPES IT HAD ONE BIG WEEKEND BEFORE WORD GOT OUT. BUT with ALL of the WAZE for BAD WORD-of-MOUTH to SPREAD VIRALLY THESE DAZE, IT WAS MORE LIKE ONE NIGHT BEFORE IT GOT INTO TROUBLE. 

ON the BRIGHT SIDE: WITH HOPKINS OVER-ACTING with WILD ABANDON, TRANSFORMATION EFFECTS for the BEAST THAT LOOK LIKE SOMETHING CONCOCTED DURING a BAD ACID TRIP, and an OVERALL SOLEMN TONE to the WHOLE THING, WOLFMAN IS a CONTENDER to BE the MOST HOWLINGLY FUNNY MOVIE of 2010! 

OKAY FOLKS, IT's HAIR-of-the-DOG TIME...HAVE AT IT! 

DEL TORO: "WHY did I listen to Halle and follow up an 
Oscar winning role with an animal-based character?!?!?" 

HOPKINS: "Well, you're not totally insane -- You were 
able to conjure up the empty chair as a metaphor for 
what's likely to happen in theatres the second weekend 
our film is playing..."  
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
sampsoninc916 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote sampsoninc916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2010 at 2:22pm
I'm usually a family friendly purist, because I'm a Christian. Didn't really know the Wolfman existed, or that Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, or a Mummy existed until I watched Mad Monster Party, a Rankin/Bass film I discovered because I've been watching Rudolph and Frosty ever since I was a little boy. If you like a work someone has made and are curious about what other films the same people made, you'll probably discover some of the rare, obscurities that lie within the dark depths of the huge film library from as far back as 1885-1890 to 2010. For example, if you are a fan of ET The Extra Terrestrial and want to know what other works he did, you'll probably discover Duel, a film he made in the early days of his career. Not only that, you might discover An American Tail, if you're also a fan of Avatar and want to know other works James Horner composed for, you'll discover both An American Tail and the sequel, Fievel Goes West. Wolfman is rated R, and if kids watch Mad Monster Party, they'll be frightened of the extreme violence and stuff in this film, which they won't be allowed to see because they can't see R rated films until they are 17. Rated R stinks.
Do you think I was young enough to grow up watching Smurfs, Thundercats, and reruns of shows like A-Team and Dukes of Hazzard, and Alvin and the Chipmunks?
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2010 at 7:03pm

The majority of advance screenings for this film will take place on Tuesday.  Click here for more information.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2010 at 7:15pm
I'm looking forward to this film. I think it'll get good reviews and it has a lot of great actors. Oh, and Hulk was miles better than The Incredible Hulk was ever trying to be. And lastly, the description for this film can also be applied to Shutter Island, which also comes out this month.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2010 at 9:02pm
All too true about the Hopkins "I've already got an Oscar, so now I'll just work in anything for a paycheck" thing.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2010 at 9:25pm
Okay, interesting autobiography below, but what does it have to do with this movie being good or bad?  

Originally posted by sampsoninc916

I'm usually a family friendly purist, because I'm a Christian. Didn't really know the Wolfman existed, or that Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, or a Mummy existed until I watched Mad Monster Party, a Rankin/Bass film I discovered because I've been watching Rudolph and Frosty ever since I was a little boy. If you like a work someone has made and are curious about what other films the same people made, you'll probably discover some of the rare, obscurities that lie within the dark depths of the huge film library from as far back as 1885-1890 to 2010. For example, if you are a fan of ET The Extra Terrestrial and want to know what other works he did, you'll probably discover Duel, a film he made in the early days of his career. Not only that, you might discover An American Tail, if you're also a fan of Avatar and want to know other works James Horner composed for, you'll discover both An American Tail and the sequel, Fievel Goes West. Wolfman is rated R, and if kids watch Mad Monster Party, they'll be frightened of the extreme violence and stuff in this film, which they won't be allowed to see because they can't see R rated films until they are 17. Rated R stinks.

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Gregory View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2010 at 6:43am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

I'm looking forward to this film.

I'm looking forward to it, too! I hope it doesn't disappoint.
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2010 at 4:42pm
Are you guys kidding me? I'm actually looking forward to this. Now I'm worried. If this gets Razzie nominations, The First Avenger: Captain America will be f**ked six million ways 'til Sunday. It could even be worst than the 1990 Captain America movie.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2010 at 8:05pm
I don't think this movie will have any effect on Captain America, seeing as how the dude who signed on to be Cap is not the major selling point of the movie. It's all the Oscar talent that's in it, even though they should be better than having to be in this.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2010 at 10:38pm
Let's see, a year ago, we had The Other Boleyn Girl.  Well, this movie has better actors. . . .

Actually, I would have never had guessed this movie could be Razzie bait until HeadRAZZ pointed out its February release date.  These actors should have had a lot of fun making a great movie about the Wolfman...or will it be that we have a lot of fun making fun of these actors?
Inselaffe View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Inselaffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2010 at 11:53am
I'm going this evening, unfortunately I'll miss out on the accents because it's in german, and I've not heard much good about it so... fingers and claws crossed
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2010 at 11:59am
With just under 40 reviews in so far, this one is sitting at about 38%...probably a bit disappointing but not one of ours.  As a huge fan of the classic Universal monsters I'll probably see it and I'll probably end up being gravely disappointed....but I think we can dispatch this one from our radar screen.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
tomsmo35 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2010 at 12:45pm
I saw on RT that Valentine's Day squanders its promise with a frantic, episodic plot and an abundance of … ">Valentine's Day was at 13% may be that can be another worst movie of the week 
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2010 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by tomsmo35

I saw on RT that Valentine's Day squanders its promise with a frantic, episodic plot and an abundance of … ">Valentine's Day was at 13% may be that can be another worst movie of the week 
One of the RT reviews for The Wolfman suggested that it was a better date movie than Valentines Day. That is a pretty cold remark. LOL
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2010 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

One of the RT reviews for The Wolfman suggested that it was a better date movie than Valentines Day. That is a pretty cold remark. LOL

I'm looking at RT, and I think that is famed critic Roger Ebert who said that.

BTW, 35% for Wolfman (66 reviews), and 12% for Valentine's Day (57 reviews) as of this post.

And Valentine's Day has Jessica Alba in it (a repeat bad movie offender) and has a performance by Taylor Swift that one guy says: "The movie isn’t awful, and nor is it an award winner,” the OK! critic declares, “unless you count Swift’s frontrunner status to add a worst supporting actress Razzie to her shelf full of Grammys.” Ouch."  Just wait until we get her in a Supergirl remake **shudders**
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2010 at 8:56pm
I've heard this movie is full of blood and gore, so for those of you thinking this is going to be a fun movie to take the whole family to, you're sorely mistaken. There's a reason why it's rated R.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>