Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > THE WOLFMAN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Great, Big, Hairy DOG of a Movie?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Great, Big, Hairy DOG of a Movie?!?!?
    Posted: May 03 2010 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Vits

No,no,no.THE HAPENNIN'was a silly B-movie on purpose...that ended up bein'silly for real.
Okay, we get, but that still doesn't mean it's a good movie by any standard, B-movie or otherwise.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
vrc3 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote vrc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2010 at 11:26pm
I have seen the Wolfman and I thought it was excellent. I would place it right next too "American Werewolf in London" or"The Howling." It was much better than Say the movie "Wolf" in1995 with Jack Nicholson. The effects in here were outstanding and the gore was definitely there. Don't listen to the negativity. I'm buying the Blue Ray on Tuesday, excellent film. I don't know what in the world your reason for marking it bad is. Benecio Del Toro was a perfect choice for the Wolfman. The effects were astonishing -- not poor like they claim. It's extremely gory and I thought brilliantly filmed. The cinematography is fantastic. 

It's not Shakespeare folks, it's a werewolf film, and in my opinion an excellent one. I can think of plenty of worse garbage out there. "Sex in the City Part 2" anyone?
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2010 at 4:57am
Really, we shouldn't listen to the countless reviews saying how the acting is half-hearted and the plot is paint-by-numbers?  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Julianstark View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Julianstark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2010 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Really, we shouldn't listen to the countless reviews saying how the acting is half-hearted and the plot is paint-by-numbers?  

I'd barely say that the acting was even as much as half-hearted! Same about the plot. I couldn't find a discernable plot within a ten mile radius of the auditorium while watching The Wolfman!
For Your 2010 Razzie Consideration: The Bounty Hunter and Leap Year --
Check out my blog! Movies and Other Things
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2010 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Julianstark

I'd barely say that the acting was even as much as half-hearted! Same about the plot. I couldn't find a discernable plot within a ten mile radius of the auditorium while watching The Wolfman!
Well, it might have been me, but I thought Anthony Hopkins was just sleepwalking his way through the role, and I could tell a mile away who the original werewolf was going to be. But again, that's just me.
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Julianstark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2010 at 1:33pm
I thought Hopkins was the best thing about the movie. Granted, I kind of agree with you about him sleepwalking through his performance. del Toro was just all kinds of awful. Here's to hoping this is remembered by all of us Razzie voters at year's end!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2010 at 6:18pm

I thought Hopkins was the best thing about the movie. Granted, I kind of agree with you about him sleepwalking through his performance. del Toro was just all kinds of awful. Here's to hoping this is remembered by all of us Razzie voters at year's end!
Perhaps, but I'm sure Seltzerberg's "Vampire Movie" will no doubt make us all forget about this movie.
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Julianstark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2010 at 9:14pm
Oh I'm just hoping that The Wolfman gets some noms. Of course, the RAZZ-pected Seltzerberg will totally be showered with "Razzie love" this year!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2010 at 10:57am

Oh I'm just hoping that The Wolfman gets some noms. Of course, the RAZZ-pected Seltzerberg will totally be showered with "Razzie love" this year!
"Wolfman" might get two nods at the most, but I doubt they will even come close to winning anything.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2011 at 8:08am
Is any but me very amused that this is now an Oscar-winning movie.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2011 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Vheid

Is any but me very amused that this is now an Oscar-winning movie.
Technically, it is an Oscar winning movie. However, that Oscar was for makeup, and the makeup effects in the movie were pretty good. Without looking it up, name the movie that won for makeup last year. The fact that 99.9% of the movie going population can't answer that question correctly tells you just how important that is in the grand scheme of things.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123