Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2013 TITLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A HAUNTED HOUSE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A HAUNTED HOUSE
    Posted: January 11 2013 at 2:38pm
MEMBER-STARTED FORUM DISCUSSION  

THROUGHOUT 2011 AND 2012, WE HAVEN'T HAD MANY "SPOOF" MOVIES TO DEAL WITH. BUT 2012 HAD SOME TRENDS THAT WERE STILL PRETTY BAD: LOUSY "FOUND FOOTAGE" AND SHAKY CAMERA FILMS

A HAUNTED HOUSE IS THE LATEST "SPOOF" MOVIE FROM MARLON WAYANS, OF DANCE FLICK FAME (OR IS THAT INFAMY?). WORSE YET, IT ALSO STARS NICK SWARDSON, THE ILL-FATED STAR, OR RATHER ZTAR (A STAR THAT SHINES LIKE AN OIL SLICK) OF BUCKY LARSON: BORN TO BE A STAR. A LOT OF US THOUGHT THIS MIGHT STINK LIKE A ROTTING CORPSE UPON RELEASE, AND ALL OF THE FIRST DOZEN REVIEWS ON ROTTEN TOMATOES PANNED IT. THE SMELL OF DECAY WILL HANG HEAVY OVER ITS MAKERS FOR A WHILE, BUT EVEN I CAN'T DECIDE IF IT'S LIKELY TO LAST UNTIL OUR WORST OF 2013 NOMINATIONS COME OUT A YEAR FROM NOW.

BUT DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE IN THIS HAUNTED HOUSE with ALL THOSE EVIL SPIRITS! NOW IT'S YOUR TURN! CONDUCT YOUR SHAKY-CAM SPOOF/SEANCE BELOW!

SWARDSON: You never told me this house was HAINTED!!!
WAYANS: I didn't know! I DIDN'T KNOWOWOWOW!!!
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2013 at 7:28pm
Beat me to a forum for this. Oh well, I should probably get a headstart on the Hansel & Gretel and Last Stand forums.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2013 at 7:59pm
Yeah, this is definately a pick for Worst of this year, and DON'T ANYONE DARE make a Gangster Squad forum.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2013 at 10:46pm
To oiram: I don't think anyone had intended on that since the reviews came in around 6/20 approval rating.

To [s]jesse685[/s] everyone who's considering starting an unofficial forum: One request before you do: I want you to type in VERDANA FONT, IN BOLD, ALL CAPS, SIZE 4 throughout your description of those films to make it look more like a HeadRAZZ Official Contender forum. I do so to try and match HeadRAZZ' aesthetics. Also, dibs on Movie 43 if it gets panned by critics!

To HeadRAZZBerry: If you're reading this, when do you think we can hand the reins for new contenders back to you? March at the latest, right?
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2013 at 11:45pm
When I create member-started forums, I always type like that for my take on the particular film... 
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2013 at 4:28pm
The Wayans Brothers have a long, long history with the Razzies, whether it be nominations like with White Chicks or wins like with Little Man.  And let's not forget Marlon Wayans' association with the Scary Movie series, with Scary Movie 5 due to drop its droppings later this year.  The stars of TV's In Living Color seem to have faded into a dying gray as they have forgotten the first rule of comedy - make them laugh.

But let's not stop with Wayans or Nick Swardson of Adam Sandler infamy.  Many of the cast in this production have been associated with Wayans Brothers or Will Ferrel "bomb-edies".  By all means go to IMDb and look at the past movies each cast member has appeared in.  Be sure to look at the director/writers/producer - all past Wayans co-horts - or should I say "no-snorts", as in no snorts of laughter have been induced by these people in a long, long time.

Sadly, there will probably be a sequel.  According to Box Office Mojo, A Haunted House had a production budget of $2.5 million, and just the domestic box office for Friday is estimated to be $6.7 million.  There's little incentive to be truly comic when you're laughing all the way to the bank.  But the puny budget aside, when compared to the $100 million mark for a box office hit, this movie is a box office sCensored. . . .

Speaking of which, we're still waiting for all the critics to flush their toilets, but the initial ratings for A Haunted House on Rotten Tomatoes and on Metacritic indicate the critics concur with our pick for Worst of the Weak.  I can't see those scores going up by the end of the weekend.

As for Gangster Squad, I'm not posting a forum, even if Sean Penn's rubber face seems a little off.  It looks like a popcorn flick, and its middling ratings deem its not all that great, but its not bad enough for us.

OH, NO!!!  WE'VE MADE ANOTHER BAD MOVIE!!!
 ARE WE POSSESSED BY THE DELUSION THAT 
THIS IS FUNNY!!!

Odyssey View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Odyssey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2013 at 2:49pm
A Haunted House earned over $18 million this weekend. Earth is clearly doomed!  
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 7:25am
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 8:04am
I can't comment on that until I've seen the first HAUNTED HOUSE movie. 

Originally posted by Vheid

Got some bad news for everyone....
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 9:22am
Dang, man.....
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2013 at 6:18am
...aw FUDGE! 

Originally posted by Vheid

Got some bad news for everyone.... 
Pictures move, do they?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2013 at 6:14pm
It'll stay at 10% on R.T.

Diego Muńoz (1/5): "It's closer to being an actual horror movie than a comedy. The fear it produces comes from the status of human kind, if someone finds this movie funny".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2013 at 4:35pm
I just saw it. It currently ranks #64 (between BATTLESHIP and UNDERWORLD PART 3) in my all-time worst list (there's 72 titles so far).

For your consideration:
-Worst Actor for Marlon Wayans.
-Worst Actress for Essence Atkins.
-Worst Supp. Actor for Nick Swardson.
-Worst Screen Ensemble.
-Worst Director.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Picture.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2013 at 6:27pm
What about Worst Screen Couple? Marlon Wayans wrote a script to where both a woman AND a man wanted him, insinuating that he like the black Robert Pattinson or something.

Also: LINK

Originally posted by Vits

<font ="Apple-style-span" size="3" face="'Times New Roman', Times, serif">I just saw it. It currently ranks #64 (out of 72) in my all-time worst list.
<font ="Apple-style-span" size="3" face="'Times New Roman', Times, serif">
<font ="Apple-style-span" size="3" face="'Times New Roman', Times, serif">For your consideration:
<font ="Apple-style-span" size="3" face="'Times New Roman', Times, serif">-Worst Actor for Marlon Wayans.
<font ="Apple-style-span" size="3" face="'Times New Roman', Times, serif">-Worst Actress for Essence Atkins.
<font ="Apple-style-span" size="3" face="'Times New Roman', Times, serif">-Worst Supp. Actor for Nick Swardson.
<font ="Apple-style-span" size="3" face="'Times New Roman', Times, serif">-Worst Screen Ensemble.
<font ="Apple-style-span" size="3" face="'Times New Roman', Times, serif">-Worst Director.
<font ="Apple-style-span" size="3" face="'Times New Roman', Times, serif">-Worst Screenplay.
<font ="Apple-style-span" size="3" face="'Times New Roman', Times, serif">-Worst Picture.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2013 at 7:16pm
So then who would be the nominees for Worst Couple?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2013 at 7:31pm
Marlon Wayans and Nick Swardson 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>