Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > LEGION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A LEGION Cause of Laughter in Theatres?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A LEGION Cause of Laughter in Theatres?!?
    Posted: January 20 2010 at 11:00am
HORROR MOVIES ARE SECOND ONLY to ROM-COMs as the GENRE with the MOST DISAPPOINTING TITLES in the LAST FEW YEARS. AND SONY/COLUMBIA's LEGION ISN'T LIKELY to ALLEVIATE the PROBLEM. 

ANOTHER GOD-IS-ABOUT-to-END-the-WORLD APOCALYPTIC-PILE-o-CRAP, LEGION FEATURES a SMILING GRANNY in ITs TV SPOTS WHO SWEETLY SEZ: "It'll all be over soon!" THEN the SATANIC GRANNY CRAWLS ACROSS a DINER CIELING LIKE an ANGRY CACA-ROACH. DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT EVERY TIME WE SAW THAT IMAGE, WE JUST ABOUT BUSTED a GUT LAUGHING!

AND WE'RE FAIRLY CERTAIN LAUGHTER ISN'T WHAT THIS FILM's MAKERS WERE AFTER. THOUGH with the SORRY STATE of SUPPOSEDLY SCARY MOVIES THESE DAZE, SCREAMS of LAUGHTER MAY BE ALL THEY CAN HOPE FOR...

This is one horror movie that's...dare we say it? 
JAW-DROPPINGLY AWFUL!  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 1:51pm

First One Missed Call, then The Unborn, then Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, now this. Legion sounds like another horror movie that would give its viewers brain lesions. This is why I hate movie theatres in Januaries. At least those in the northern half of the US have no reason to trudge through all those blizzards...

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 5:55pm
Hey, the way I see it, the more crappy movies that come out this month, the more money "Avatar" will make!   
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
sampsoninc916 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote sampsoninc916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 6:38pm
Seems that studios usually dump their crap on cinemas in January and February. By the way, I'm not going to see this movie because of the sole fact that in it a modern woman is pregnant with the Messiah, which is outright blasphemy (and ridiculous!) in my terms. One Messiah was enough, and I'm not afraid to confess my faith in him. It was God's will that He died on that cross, and placed all the sins of the world, including future sins, on Himself so that we would be forgiven.

But a movie featuring a woman with child carrying the Messiah? COME ON!!! Don't torture my religion of Christianity.
Do you think I was young enough to grow up watching Smurfs, Thundercats, and reruns of shows like A-Team and Dukes of Hazzard, and Alvin and the Chipmunks?
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 7:31pm
Sorry, Sam, but H-Wood is going to "torture" your religion whether you want them to or not, because they actually think it suckers Christians into seeing their "faith-based" movies. So prove them wrong -- and don't go to see this! 
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 9:04pm
And they call those shapeshifting monsters "angels"?  They should be called something else.  The only real angels in this film are the ones protecting the pregnant woman.  The story is complicated, the premise is weird and the concept is unfamiliar:  God loses faith in humanity...he sends shapeshifting beasts to slaughter the humans...one woman is said to be carrying the Second Coming of Jesus.  There's a prophecy that precedes all that, but why does God lose faith in humanity?  Does he lose faith because humans are polluting the environment?  Does he lose faith because humans are committing too many sins and crimes?  Does he lose faith because humans keep voting Twilight over everything else?  Someone has to explain what caused this holocaust, or else audiences won't have any idea why all this is happening!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I think I'd have to go with the "humans keep voting TWILIGHT over everything else" theory. But come RAZZIE® Nominations day (February 1) all those fans of hunky, empty-headed vampires and werewolves may be in for a suprise...or maybe several!

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2010 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Michaels

Sorry, Sam, but H-Wood is going to "torture" your religion whether you want them to or not, because they actually think it suckers Christians into seeing their "faith-based" movies. So prove them wrong -- and don't go to see this! 

Last year was the year of vampires. I heard this year would be the year of angels. I'm not lying. I'm going to try to find out if this is true.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2010 at 3:49pm
Let's see, this is the second movie within a two week time frame to have religious figures or themes, "The Book of Eli" being the other. It seems H-Wood is trying to cash in on the biggest of franchises with a very devoted, built-in fan base: organized religion.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2010 at 8:29pm
...Realizing, of course, that the phrase "organized religion" is an oxymoron.Wink
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2010 at 10:13pm
Honestly, I didn't get anything about her carrying "The Messiah" all I got was that the plot was carrying a Mess-a crap. I suppose part of the problem might have been the idiots in the theater who were apparently trying to converse with the characters on screen, and had to loudly repeat any line they found even remotely humorous....

There are just some people who should NEVER EVER go to the theater, because the bastards just make it completely impossible to lose yourself in a crappy movie...

Even though I got no impression of a Messiah involved, I would recomend avoiding this movie, unless your significant other is promising you some major payback after... Even then, It better be some damn good payback...

Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2010 at 5:42am

From what I have read, this movie has plot holes so big that you can hide "Transformers 2"'s plot holes in them.

Morbius View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Morbius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2010 at 9:38am
Originally posted by sampsoninc916

Seems that studios usually dump their crap on cinemas in January and February. By the way, I'm not going to see this movie because of the sole fact that in it a modern woman is pregnant with the Messiah, which is outright blasphemy (and ridiculous!) in my terms. One Messiah was enough, and I'm not afraid to confess my faith in him. It was God's will that He died on that cross, and placed all the sins of the world, including future sins, on Himself so that we would be forgiven.

But a movie featuring a woman with child carrying the Messiah? COME ON!!! Don't torture my religion of Christianity.

I understand what you're saying, but the Bible says Jesus will be coming back, and there will be a second coming. I enjoy movies on a cinematic level - if this were a quality movie, I would want to see it. There are lots of things that happen in movies that I don't agree with, or don't believe in (such as murder), but I don't let this affect how much I enjoy the movie, or what I believe in. If I barricade myself from what happens in the real world, without seeing it for what it is, then I remain ignorant and farther from God. 
PopcornAvenger View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote PopcornAvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2010 at 6:05am
Yeah, they really marketed the hell out of this one.

Yet another pregnant woman -whether pregant with the next savior or anti-savior - and a huge celestral battle over her and the fate of her child.

Yawn.

As for God losing faith in humanity, I found the line in Romero's Day of the Dead far more chilling: that God started up the zombie apocolypse because He wanted to show Man "what Hate looked like". As scary as that might be, I find the concept flawed. If and when a diety decides to wipe the slate of sentient life on his world clean, I doubt he/she/it would use so inefficient a method as zombies, "angels", whatever.

Frankly, the only horror movie with a religious premise that scared me - and continues to scare me to this day - was the Exorcist.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2010 at 6:41pm
You want a good religion based movie? See Kevin Smith's "Dogma". Or, even better, Bill Maher's "Religulous". Now that's a faith centered movie to sink your teeth into.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
PopcornAvenger View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote PopcornAvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2010 at 8:22pm
Yeah, but they're not horror movies. Although some might pay to see a pregnant Maher.

. . . .I wouldn't. Some things truly are too horrible to contemplate. I still have nightmares when Awnold did it.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2010 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

You want a good religion based movie? See Kevin Smith's "Dogma". Or, even better, Bill Maher's "Religulous". Now that's a faith centered movie to sink your teeth into.
Two outstanding films, although I really wish someone would construct a contract with Kevin Smith that doesn't pay him by the number of times one of his characters drops an "f" bomb
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>