Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > STANDING OVATION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Nothing Movie Starring...NOBODY!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Nothing Movie Starring...NOBODY!
    Posted: July 16 2010 at 10:08am
EVERY ONCE in a WHILE, a RILLY LOUSY-LOOKING MOVIE ALL BUT ESCAPES OUR NOTICE. BUT THANKS to OUR VIGILANT FORUM MEMBERS, STANDING OVATION WON'T SUFFER THAT FATE... 

WRITTEN and HELMED by the RAZZIE® "WINNING" DIRECTOR of the AWFUL 1988 E.T. KNOCK OFF MAC & ME, (WHOSE D.G.A. CARD SHOULD'VE BEEN REVOKED for THAT FILM ALONE) OVATION LOOKS LIKE an ATTEMPT to REPLICATE (i.e. RIP OFF) the SUCCESS of BOTH HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL and GLEE, BUT with NO BUDGET, a NO-NAME CAST and a NO-TALENT DIRECTOR. 

OPENING in a MERE 600 THEATRES, OVATION IS LIKELY to REMAIN UNSEEN by EVEN OUR MEMBERS -- BUT, BOY IT SURE LOOX WORTH a LOOK-SEE BEFORE NOMINATING BALLOTS ARE FILLED OUT at YEAR's END! 

AS a FOOTNOTE: IF JAMES BROLIN for THIS (as EXECUTIVE PRODUCER of a WORST PICTURE NOMINEE) and JOSH BROLIN in JONAH HEX (as WORST ACTOR) WERE BOTH NOMINATED, THEY'D BE the FIRST EVER FATHER/SON RAZZIE® NOMINEES.. 

BROLIN & BABS @ PREMIERE of STANDING OVATION... 

BABS: "I used to be SO proud of you, Jimmy...now 
Suck in yer gut -- They're taking our picture!" 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2010 at 2:50pm
Most movies directed by Stewart Raffill are remakes and/or sequels.Was he the reason those categories were combined?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
DaveThePhotoGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaveThePhotoGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2010 at 2:48am
Looks like an Oscar contender to me!!!
I think they kinda sound like Depeche Mode
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2010 at 9:44am
I think it has more to do with the fact that both sequels and remakes are just excuses for studios to milk the success of a previous "original" movie for all it's worth, rather than bothering to make another "original" movie...  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2010 at 10:12am
As for this movie ... it all but screams "should have been released direct-to-DVD!"
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2010 at 12:18am
This is by the dude who thoroughly ripped off E.T. to create the longest, most awful infomercial in cinematic history, Mac and Me?  I can't believe Stewart Raffill has directed 13 movies since, although I can believe they were all mediocre or worse. . . .

Yeah, based on the reviews, this movie looks like it rips off Glee, but even more, it comes across as Jersey Shore trying to imitate Glee.  And, in case there's any confusion, no, this is not good. . . .

And James Brolin, father of one of this year's main Razzie contenders, Josh Brolin of Jonah Hex, is among the producers of this movie!

"Alanna Wannabe.  And I'm Gonnabe."?

It's good to run away from bees. . . . Wink

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2010 at 12:22am
You're being too kind. . . . Wink

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

As for this movie ... it all but screams "should have been released direct-to-DVD!"
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2010 at 7:54am
Originally posted by cvcjr13

You're being too kind. . . . Wink

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

You're right; this a movie that should have been used to torture terrorist suspects with for information!
 Post Reply Post Reply