Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > D.O.A. - DEAD OR ALIVE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Pretext for a Playtex-Free Romp?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Pretext for a Playtex-Free Romp?!?!?
    Posted: June 10 2007 at 9:03am

"BASED on a VIDEO GAME" IS ALMOST ALWAZE an INDICATOR of RAZZIE® PEDIGREE, BUT in THIS CASE, THE FILM LOOKS DELICIOUSLY TACKY, TASTELESS and TOTALLY FUN.

SO DOES THAT MEAN WE DO (or DON'T)  CONSIDER THIS PERFECT EXAMPLE of PATRIOTIC PULCHRITUDE a RAZZIE® CONTENDER??

FEEL FREE to DISCUSS BELOW...

All That's Missing Is a Bumper Sticker on Her Belly Button Reading: "Support Our Boobs!"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2007 at 9:47am

Huh?  I thought I heard something about this movie going direct-to-DVD last April.

"The DOA movie is poised to hit store shelves rather than theaters, it seems. Kotaku notes the IMDB entry, saying that the film won't be headed to movie theaters. Instead, it will have a direct-to-DVD release in the U.S. sometime in April."

Sigh...I thought the DOA movie people were going to be merciful and keep this out of theaters.  I also heard that they originally tried to release this in U.S. theaters back in November or December 2006. 

Response from Head RAZZberry:  D.O.A. certainly looks like it shoulda been a Direct-to-DVD release, but apparently did well enough in foreign territories (LINK) to convince American theatre owners it might have a shot as a theatrical. Given how cheap-jack the promotional materials for the film make it look, the $6 million it has taken in to date overseas probably mean it's already into profit. According to B.O. MoJo (which occasionally does get such details wrong) D.O.A. will debut on about 500 screens across the US this Friday ( LINK ). Locally, The L.A. Times listed D.O.A. among this week's releases in the Sunday Calendar section -- But there was no print ad for it anywhere in the paper...

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2007 at 10:41am

Well, it will be released on theaters this week, with FF2, which I cannot wait to watch!

Response from Head RAZZberry: Did you mean "unleashed" on theatres, or "released in theatres"??

tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2007 at 4:41am
I saw The DOA Movie Posters here where you can view them. I will have to admit seeing Jaime Pressly in that Red White & Blue Bikini Top all I can say is God Bless America    also they have trailer up at you tube view here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8xm_WmRuoc http://www.impawards.com/2007/doa_dead_or_alive_ver3.html
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2007 at 4:17pm

This film does look Berry Bad alright. And for Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer, despite ending up getting a family-friendly PG-rating, might be better than the first, which was OK, but like the other voters, didn't like Jessica Alba in that. Though, Head RAZZ, you have any thoughts on Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer? And do you have any thoughts on the other film about to be released in theaters this week as well, Nancy Drew?

Response from Head RAZZberry: Can't tell with FANTASTIC FOUR: RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER if it's gonna be okay or not. I actually kinda liked the first one (except for Alba) so I expect this sequel (unless it really blows) to avoid The Wrath of RAZZIE. As for NANCY DREW, as of Wednesday morning (6/13/07) it had a lowly 25% Approval Rating at RT ( LINK ) and looked like a likely alternative for Worst New Movie of the Weak. If, on top of getting bad reviews, it tanks at the box office (which my instincts tell me it will) we may add NANCY to our Forum discussions list early next week. I picked D.O.A. over DREW because the former sounded like it might actually be Enjoyably Bad, as opposed to just Dreadfully Bad, the way NANCY appears to be.. 

JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2007 at 5:14pm
Damn, that DOA trailer looks like this is going to be more like VALIUM OF
THE DOLLS!
MJ Narcy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MJ Narcy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2007 at 9:09am
Great!  Here's ANOTHER game that Hollywood will screw over.  I believe the only game that Hollywood hasn't manage to completely ruin is Mortal Kombat.
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2007 at 5:13am
Update on this week's new releases: NANCY DREW has climbed to a respectable 56% Approval Rating at RT ( LINK ), D.O.A. is stagnating around 50% ( LINK ) and FANTASTIC FOUR: RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER has tumbled to a surprisingly low 28% ( LINK ). Looks like SILVER SURFER may take NANCY's place as our second Worst New Movie of the Weak choice...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2007 at 1:18pm
Well, it climbed up to 38%.
MJ Narcy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MJ Narcy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2007 at 12:37am
I just hope there isn't a Rumble Roses movie coming out anytime soon.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 4:08pm
GOOFS: Continuity: We are shown Helena having a tattoo on her lower back (during the beach scene) and one on her neck (during the fight scene with Christie), but later in the fight, with her back to us, both parts are visible, but the tattoos have disappeared.
dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 4:59am
More video game movies???? What's next? "The Sims Movie"????????
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2007 at 3:42pm
The title basically gives this movie away...D.O.A - Dead On Arrival!!!
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2007 at 11:23am
This looked like "Showgirls", except problably not as bad or oddly watchable.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2007 at 9:46am

It was a pretty bad movie. It should be considered in these categories...

WORST PICTURE, WORST DIRECTOR (Corey Yuen), WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR (Eric Roberts), WORST SCREENPLAY

batman39 View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote batman39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2008 at 1:26pm
Has to be one of the lamest movies in years. It probably doesn't deserve
even the attention of being nominated.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>