Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > ERAGON
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Real Drag, Featuring a Dragon!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Real Drag, Featuring a Dragon!
    Posted: December 14 2006 at 11:23am

WHEN WILL HOLLYWOOD LEARN THAT TRYING to MAKE a MOVIE SEEM LIKE a BEST-SELLING VIDEO GAMES ALMOST ALWAZE MAKES for ULTRA-BORING MOVIES??  ABOUT the ONLY NICE THING THAT CAN BE SAID for ERAGON  IS...AT LEAST IT WASN'T DIRECTED by UWE BOLL!!

"Yo, Dude, fetch my Dragon-Fighting Duds...Forsooth and, like, all that kinda stuff..."

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2006 at 11:45am
Is it just me, or do the trailers and TV ads for this one make it look like they'd rather have called it The Dragon, The Witch and the Wardrobe??
Everything SUX!
#1-Film Freak!! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Film Freak!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2006 at 11:51am
...or better, yet (since they seem to be ripping off Tolkein, too) BORED OF THE WINGS?!?!?! 
Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!
JoBloMovieGoer View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoBloMovieGoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2006 at 11:52am
...Or, if it features romantic scenes, how about: BORED OF THE WINGS: RETURN OF THE SCHWING??
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2006 at 1:35pm
Ok.....Jeremy Irons and John Malkovich are two great actors. Irons is an Emmy, Oscar, and Tony winner. And Malkovich is the only person who can win a major award and be freakin' awesome for playing himself ( Or at least a version of himself), and get an oscar nomination for playing an assassin in an action movie. Why must every movie they make together be terrible? I hated the Man in the Iron Mask ( Which also had the very talented Gabriel Byrne and Dicaprio, in the crappiest role of his career.) And this doesn't look much better. For shame, guys.
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2006 at 1:54pm
And for the record, all video game films do blow. How sad is it that a cancer-ridden Raul Julia still managed to give a better performance than anyone else in the history of video game films in Street Fighter?  And this list includes Oscar nominees and ( and some winners) Bob Hoskins ( Super Mario Bros.), Dennis Hopper (Super Mario Bros.), Angelina Jolie ( Tomb Raider), Jon Voight (Tomb Raider), Sir Ben Kingsley (Bloodrayne), Jeremy Irons (Dungeons and Dragons), and Mr. Blond himself, Michael Madsen. I can hardly wait for Dungeon Siege. For the love of God, of all the times Ray Liotta could stop being so picky when it came to film roles, why did he have to start when Uwe Boll offered him a script. AHHHHHHHHHH! Ok, I'm done.
Aktar View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aktar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2006 at 2:07am
It's originally based on a book, the video game is just a tie-in.
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2006 at 3:09am
Of course it also doesn't help that they noted in the making of book that they intended to play it as "today" rather than the fantasy world it is.  Let's see if they end up greenlighting the second one when this is over and done with. 
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2006 at 7:49am

Aktar is right, it was a book before a movie, HeadRazz. So don't qualify this as a video game-turned movie, because your statement is wrong.

"Eragon" is book one of the Inheritance trilogy, book two is called "Eldest". I know this because I had to read the first novel for my English class this semester. The novel was written by Christopher Paolini, who was 17 at the time when he wrote it.

All the books so far have a colored dragon on their cover, as follows (Dragon's name in parenthesis):
Book 1 - Blue (Saphira)
Book 2 - Red (Thorn)
Book 3 hasn't been released as of this point, but it's rumored to have a green dragon on it's cover. 

Response from Head RAZZberry: Check the wording on the my initial posting on ERAGON (above) and you'll see, I didn't say the movie was based on a video game, merely that this film's makers chose to make it seem like one (perhaps to bolster sales of the tie-in game with the same name?).  And on the subject of a possible series of films based on the series of books, I read in this morning's L.A. Times that this first film cost about $100 million to make -- And it certainly doesn't look like it's destined to recoup its production budget...

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2006 at 2:31pm
While it's still to early to tell if ERAGON will end up merely a disappointment or an out-and-out disaster, its opening night numbers don't bode well for its eventual grosses: According to Box Office MoJo, ERAGON came in behind PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS on Friday, even though ERAGON is playing on about 170 more screens.
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2007 at 9:33am
The Worst DVD Of Weak for March 20th is Eragon, and they're giving us an Eragon Two-Disc Special Edition, priced at $22.79 at Amazon.com. It'll probably be cheaper at Fry's, if you're intrested in buying it. I would have to say that the box art is pretty cool, with the dragon breathing fire out of its mouth (it might even make good Mobile Phone Wallpaper). Here's the Two Disc DVD box art: 

Eragon Two-Disc Special Edition

SuperGlucose View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperGlucose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 5:43pm
Clearly the third dragon to hatch is going to be green then.  Just as an aside bet, my money's on Roran, or that other woman who's following him around.

Anywho, that box art is going to be (by far) the best thing about that DVD.  but it would be better without the fire.  Cmon, enough with the fire already!
Up, in the Cytoplasm, is it an amino acid? Is it a nucleotide? No, it's SUPERGLUCOSE!
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 1:27pm
The dragon had a weak voice. It should have been a stronger voice.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
Seabird111 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Seabird111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2008 at 3:34pm

Awful, awful, awful, and once again, awful movie.

And you would have expected so much more from the actors... Tsk tsk.

The Worst Movies I've Ever Seen:

-Cube Zero
-The Blair Witch Project
 Post Reply Post Reply