Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > MADE OF HONOR
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Remake of 27 DRESSES Already??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Remake of 27 DRESSES Already??
    Posted: March 15 2010 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Vits

It was one of the funniest movies of the year.Unfortunately,the endin'was...you know.
If the ending to all the movies you see are lacking, maybe they are not the best (insert genre here) movie of the year.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2010 at 6:59pm
I rewatched the movie recently on HBO, and I have to say that while the premise was mediocre, the dialogue was awful.  Just about every one-liner fell completely flat. Here's an example:

Diaz: Why didn't you intervene when you saw I was getting drunk?[something along those lines]
Best Friend who I think was named "Tipper": I kind of threw up in my purse.

Seriously? what kind of response is that? It's not funny, nor does it make any sense. It's as if there were no script and the actress had to think up that line out of thin air. That's just one of many MANY lines I can recall off the top of my head that degrade the tepid careers of everyone involved. If it weren't for Diaz and Kutcher, this film would have never been released. They as well as everyone involved should be embarrassed for agreeing to star in this debacle.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2010 at 6:19am
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2010 at 10:50am
Thanks for the catch, I had email notifications of the What Happens in Vegas forum, so I clicked the link to one of them assuming it was for the same movie. My mistake.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2010 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Vits

See, rom-coms have gotten so bad, people can't tell one from another!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2010 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

If the ending to all the movies you see are lacking, maybe they are not the best (insert genre here) movie of the year.

I said it was one of the funniest movies of the year,not the best.It would've been the best if it had a better endin'.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2013 at 12:16pm
I just re-watched it. I don't know why I praised the comedy so much when I first posted. This time, I smiled a few times and that was it. And I don't think it's because of the "You feel different about movies when you grow up" rule, because: A) I saw it just 4 years ago, and my taste couldn't have changed that much. B) I didn't tell myself "Look at this in a more critical way than you did before". Regardless of the reason, I hated it this time.

OK, so this guy TOM realizes he's in love with his best friend HANNAH, and when he's about to tell her, she reveals she's engaged to another man. It's a terrible situation (I know because something similar has happened to me), but there are ways to deal with it, and TOM doesn't do it. There's a huge difference between TOM making HANNAH see that he's the right man for her (which is what he says he's doing), and, him making her think that her fiancée is wrong for her (which is what he does). So it's hard to root for him. At least Patrick Dempsey and Michelle Monaghan's performances are OK and they have very good chemistry.

When I first posted I complained about the ending, but I didn't say why. It wasn't because it was predictable (we all knew what was going to happen), but because it was phony. And I still think that way. I mean, they kiss in the church in front of the fiancée and she gives him a half-assed excuse, and he accepts it! And I felt bad for him because he never did anything wrong. Also, in what world is refusing to share food a good reason to think that someone is wrong for you?

There's also the clichés. I didn't care that they were used; I cared that they used the most basic ones. And that I've seen parodies made before this movie that made fun of those clichés. Mainly, the wedding interruption. But that wasn't enough. They had to make TOM ride a f*ck*ng horse to the wedding!

I give it a 1/10 (could've been 0).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12