Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on UP-COMING FILMS & PROJECTS > Another STAR IS BORN Remake?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A REMAKE of a REMAKE of a REMAKE...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A REMAKE of a REMAKE of a REMAKE...
    Posted: February 05 2010 at 6:52am
The original 1937 version of A STAR IS BORN was nominated for 7 Oscars and is considered a minor classic. The 1954 Judy Garland remake was nominated for 6 Academy Awards and is one of the finest Hollywood musicals ever made. The 1976 Barbra Streisand version, though a big money-maker, was considered the worst version ever made. But Babs may have to cede that crown if Warner Bros gets their way: Rumor has it that yet a FOURTH version of this old Tinsel Town Chestnut may be on the way. Still set in the world of pop music (as was the Babs remake) this one is likely to co-star 2009 Worst Actress nominee Beyonce in the pivotal role of the wife with the sky-rocketing career whose hubby is too into the bubbly, and crash lands by the film's end. But Beyonce isn't the worst likely casting choice in this intended musical re-hash -- The worst choice this remake's makers are mulling over (and we think casting him in a singing role rivals the "genius" of having RAZZIE Poster Boy Sylvester Stallone sing in RHINESTONE) would be...RUSSELL CROWE?!?!? 
We know, it sounds like one of our Forum's joke Worst Idea for a Remake items. But here's a LINK to read the article in The L.A. Times that proves we didn't make this one up. If it actually gets made, this looks like it could rival Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston in 1992's THE BODYGUARD, which scooped up 7 nominations at our 13th Annual ceremonies... 
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2010 at 8:36am
Beyonce and Russell Crowe in a remake of "A Star Is Born"?! What's next, a remake of "Gone With The Wind" starring Kim Kardashian and Tom Hanks?!
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2010 at 9:57am
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Beyonce and Russell Crowe in a remake of "A Star Is Born"?! What's next, a remake of "Gone With The Wind" starring Kim Kardashian and Tom Hanks?!

Yeah, with Larry The Cable Guy as Ashley Wilkes Wink
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 7:33pm
GluuuUUUUGGGGHHHH!!! I am soooo gods-damned sick of Beyonce!!! Her singing is just about all we hear on the radio anymore! If she releases another new album (especially within the next two years), I fully expect to swear off pop music for good!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 7:38pm

What ... the F***! A friend of mine just told me that there will be a remake of "Jaws" starring Tracy Morgan!!! And Hollywood is in talks to reboot Indiana Jones AND Star Wars!!!!! Hey, while we're at it, why not reboot "The Godfather"?! Or how about "Avatar"; it's only three months old, that's way dated!!! I f***ing hate Hollywood!!!

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
breillyx7 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote breillyx7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2010 at 7:32am
I do not like the remakes of movies. I like the original one.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2010 at 7:50am
Originally posted by breillyx7

I do not like the remakes of movies. I like the original one.
That's always good to hear. Welcome to the forum.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2010 at 10:58am
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Or a remake of White Christmas starring Martin Lawrence and will.i.am.
Pictures move, do they?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2010 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

Or a remake of White Christmas starring Martin Lawrence and will.i.am.
Why stop there? Just have a reunion of everyone who starred in the "Death At A Funeral" remake!
Kphilly View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kphilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2011 at 12:15pm
I f**king hate beyonce, although I am a huge fan off Crowe...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2011 at 2:25pm
I saw the '50s version and gave it **.Why?It was the same movie but with neverending musical numbers.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2011 at 2:38pm
Vits. is that 2 out of 10 or 2 out of 5?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2011 at 2:44pm
Out of 5.Out of 10 would be 3.Like you commanded Wink.
ulysses@mediashower. View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ulysses@mediashower. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2011 at 12:49pm
I would to stick to original movies .. I heard from many people that for you to appreciate the remake of a remake movie, try to watch the original movie .. How about, "The Bodyguard" remake? Nah...I don't think so.LOL

Feel free toVisit us!  

Cheers!
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2011 at 6:27am
Most of you probably heard this already but Eastwood is trying to get Leonardo DiCaprio (not Russell Crowe) in the lead male role for this movie. Beyonce is still going to play the lead female role. link
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2011 at 1:32pm
Oh yeah,I read about that.It's just that...it doesn't matter who gets cast.This will suck.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>