Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > BURLESQUE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Star Iz Stillborn??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Star Iz Stillborn??
    Posted: November 21 2010 at 3:49pm
Let's wait until the release,shall we?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2010 at 3:55pm
I agree. If, on November 24, the reviews turn out to me average or positive, I say we drop this from our radar. As far as I know, the only film from December or indeed the rest of 2010 that caught my bad attention was Yogi Bear.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2010 at 9:59pm
This movie might be too little, too late. We seem to have more than enough contenders from this year and the top two front runners (Grown-Up & Last Fart Bender) are already on DVD for our viewing ... displeasure.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 9:09am
I know you all don't care about the public voting awards, but I have to mention the American Music Awards. I saw them last night and Christina Aguilera sang the BURLESQUE theme song. Remeber her great song AIN'T NO OTHER MAN, and then CANDY MAN which was also good but sounded too similar to the former? Well, the BURLESQUE song is like a bad rip-off of both.  

A few months ago I told new users that it was pointless to have "Worst song." Now I'm doubting...specially since the music from THE NUTCRACKER 3D will be adapted to have lyrics.

By the way...I don't hate Justin Bieber, but awarding him as "Artist of the year" over Eminem, Katy Perry, Ke$ha and Lady Gaga has opened my eyes on why you all don't care about awards like this. They were so boring! Only the NKOTBBSB performance at the end was worth it! 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 11:36am
It's good that you understand them as the joke that they are. I mean Bieber as Artist of the Year (although, with that list of artists to choose from, not that impressive at all)?! I mean, all these awards prove is that teenage girls have too much time on their hands with their Internet access.  

Originally posted by Vits

By the way...I don't hate Justin Bieber, but awarding him as "Artist of the year" over Eminem,Katy Perry,Ke$ha and Lady Gaga has opened my eyes on why you all don't care about awards like this. They were so boring

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 12:48pm
Didn't you like the other nominees?  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 12:54pm
Tartarus no! I have a serious problem with the whole electro-pop trend that's been plaguing the music industry since 2007. My favorite decade in music has been the 1970's, or as I know them, the "Silver Seventies". I also liked AC/DC, Paul McCartney, and all those other classics, but then you look to the new millennium, and ask, "How will anyone remember this (expletives deleted)?"
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 1:47pm
But Katy Perry variates her pop music and Eminem sings rap.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Tartarus no! I have a serious problem with the whole electro-pop trend that's been plaguing the music industry since 2007. My favorite decade in music has been the 1970's, or as I know them, the "Silver Seventies". I also liked AC/DC, Paul McCartney, and all those other classics, but then you look to the new millennium, and ask, "How will anyone remember this (expletives deleted)?"
The thing is, music becomes intimately tied to events in our lives that become cherished memories. I still love the music from the 70's because I grew up with it. Younger people today WILL have the same nostalgia for the music they are listening to now, even though you and I probably don't understand it or appreciate it. The young people now will hate the music their kids listen to, and the beat goes on.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 3:51pm

To Vits: So maybe there are a few exceptions. But that won't cut it for me. Also, I like Eminem's older work better.

To saturnwatcher: I'll admit there's one genre that I like because it's associated with my childhood, but it's not classic rock. From about 1996 to 2001, many popular songs and albums were alternative rock and post grunge. That's saying a lot, because a large fraction of people my age, plus or minus 8 years (!) rejected alternative rock.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 5:23pm
So what?Thanks to GLEE I can listen the greatest hits from any decade in one episode!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 5:24pm

Didn't you like the other nominees?
Little Justin appeals entirely to teenage girls, and I am not a teenager, nor a girl. I don't like rap, so Eminem is out. Katy Perry is cute and all, but her music is nothing to go crazy over, and Lady Gaga is just a crazy cocaine abuser in wacky dresses.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2010 at 4:10am

I know you all don't care about the public voting awards, but I have to mention the American Music Awards. I saw them last night and Christina Aguilera sang the BURLESQUE theme song. Remeber her great song AIN'T NO OTHER MAN, and then CANDY MAN which was also good but sounded too similar to the former? Well, the BURLESQUE song is like a bad rip-off of both.

They were shown again yesterday,and I change my mind.The song was like blending the two others plus FIGHTER.
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Little Justin appeals entirely to teenage girls, and I am not a teenager, nor a girl. I don't like rap, so Eminem is out. Katy Perry is cute and all, but her music is nothing to go crazy over, and Lady Gaga is just a crazy cocaine abuser in wacky dresses.

And Ke$ha?
rburton View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2010 at 12:14pm
Hate to say I told you so...

Marshall Fine says, "It’s been a while since I’ve seen a stinker as obvious as “Burlesque.” As a colleague and I noted afterward, it made us long for something as coherent and restrained as “Showgirls.” Or “Glitter.”

Not that there’s all that much difference. “Burlesque” is like “Showgirls” without the redemptively gratuitous sex and nudity. Or “42nd Street” without the originality.

The script is free of credible friction or jeopardy. The club shows look like post-Bob Fosse knock-offs. There’s nary a surprise to be had, except for Aguilera’s apparent misconception that she has acting talent. And that’s not really so surprising.

Thanks to “Burlesque,” we now have the answer to the question “Which film ended the film careers of both Christina Aguilera and Cher?” So all is not for naught.

For Your Consideration

Dev Patel for WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR in The Last Fartbender
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2010 at 4:53pm
We should be careful.Before it's release DRAGONBALL:EVOLUTION had around 15% good reviews.When it premiered,it went up to 45%,and a few days later back to 15%.I'm just saying we really have to wait to the last second.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2010 at 5:59pm

We should be careful.Before it's release DRAGONBALL:EVOLUTION had around 15% good reviews.When it premiered,it went up to 45%,and a few days later back to 15%.I'm just saying we really have to wait to the last second.
Everyone and his brother knew "Dragonball" was going to be a piece of s***, and they were right. And 45% is still very Razzie worthy. Remember, RT rating is only ONE of many factors in choosing contenders.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>