Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > BURLESQUE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Star Iz Stillborn??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Star Iz Stillborn??
    Posted: November 17 2010 at 1:14pm
STARRING the OSSIFIED-LOOKING 64-YEAR-OLD CHER and PAST-HER-15-MINUTES POP TART CHRISTINA AGUILERA, BURLESQUE HOPED EVERYONE WOULD THINK OF IT as CHICAGO 2 -- BUT ITS PLOT IS LIFTED DIRECTLY from BOTH the ANCIENT HOLLYWOOD WARHORSE A STAR IZ BORN and the ALL-TIME RAZZIE CLASSIC SHOWGIRLZ (with a TOUCH of POLE-DANCING from I KNOW WHO KILLED ME THROWN IN for BAD MEASURE) -- IN OTHER WORDS, IT SURE LOOKED LIKELY to BE HOLLYWOOD's BIG HOLIDAY TURKEY for 2010 (WELL, AT LEAST UNTIL the CGI/3-D GULLIVER MOVIE CAME ALONG!). 

WE WERE HOPING IT WOULD NOT BE MERELY BAD, BUT BERRY...BERRY...BERRY BAD! 

TO BE HONEST, AS BAD AS IT WAS...IT WASN'T QUITE CLASSIC RAZZIE FODDER, THOUGH IT DID EARN CHER a WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS NOMINATION...

FEEL FREE to ATTACK/DEFEND BURLESQUE BELOW...

THIS IMAGE IZ SO RE-TOUCHED IT COULD BE a 
DIZZ-KNEE ANIMATION CEL... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 1:42pm
Am I the only one here who is slightly frightened by the fact that Cher hasn't aged in the past 30 years? Some might chalk it up to good plastic surgeons, but I wouldn't rule out vampirism just yet!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 4:52pm
A STAR IS BORN is being remade...again.It will be out in 2012(can't be a coincidence).

HeadRAZZBerry
,are you going to bring the early discussion forum here?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 5:10pm
I'd say the odds of this movie failing are barely over 50/50. There's still a chance that this movie could get average or even positive reviews, so I'm not ready to sling mud yet.
shaurya View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote shaurya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 3:57am
This cast is just "next to okay."   
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 11:12am
I should warn you. You've probably heard early reviews praising Aguilera's performance. She could be good, but this is a musical, so it could be one of those "easy performances," like Beyonce's Golden Globe-nominated performance in DREAMGIRLS...and then came her Razzie-nominated performance in the non-musical OBSESSED
Originally posted by Vits

HeadRAZZBerry,are you going to bring the early discussion forum here?
You did!
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 8:46am

Rotten Tomatoes's Anticipatron called it 'Moulin Scrooge' saying that it looked like rejected bits of Christina's performance of 'Lady Marmalade'.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 12:40pm
So what? I mean...this is the film adaptation of that music video...right?  
Anuss View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Anuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 2:13pm
In RT first reviews are positive ;) Nice suprise for ya, right? It looks like it'll be really good.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 5:21pm
More like this film is the bastard/mutant love child of "Showgirls" and "Chicago"!  

So what? I mean...this is the film adaptation of that music video...right?
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 10:47pm
Tell me, Vits, did you just made a joke about a movie?  That was funny! 

So what? I mean...this is the film adaptation of that music video...right?  

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2010 at 6:15am

If this movie asked me, "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi?" I would answer, "HELL NO!"

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2010 at 1:31pm
What was funny? The joke...or me making a joke about a movie? 

Originally posted by cvcjr13

Tell me, Vits, did you just made a joke about a movie?  That was funny!
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2010 at 8:50pm
The joke.  It was great.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2010 at 9:53am
Wink
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2010 at 3:48pm
Meanwhile, the reviews I've come across were reasonably positive. If, on the night before Thanksgiving, the reviews are still positive, then we should probably drop this from the ballot, if only because there are many, much worse movies to tackle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>