Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > BURLESQUE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Star Iz Stillborn??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Star Iz Stillborn??
    Posted: November 27 2010 at 5:29pm
Yeah, if I were you, I would limit that focusing to "Last Airbender" only, because getting voters to vote for "Alice" is going to be a really hard sell considering the other contenders to choose from!  

Originally posted by rburton

I take back everything I ever said about Burlesque.  It was delightful, campy, and the most fun I've had at the movies in ages.  Even Aguilera is acceptable in it.  I'm refocusing my all my energy on The Last Airbender and Alice and Wonderland.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
robmosva View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote robmosva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2010 at 1:02pm
I have to say that maybe you should watch the film first before you can slam it... I heard the reviews are mixed not like the ones of Showgirls, or even last year's Nine!!!  

Well i only hope to see worthy bad performances nominated for the RAZZIE, not the mixed perfomances played by more KNOWN artists. Please guys, you should give the RAZZIE to horrible performances like Beyonce''s OBSESSED or SJParker's Did u Hear.. instead of Sandra's All about STEVE which u probably didn't see, as well WILL FERRELL for LAND OF LOST (another horrible perf.) instead of Jo Bros Concert Movie or SHARON STONE in Catwoman (which i truly hated) instead of Britney Spears interview. 

Really guys give the razzie to the bad perfomances that deserves it!  

Let's do it!!!
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2010 at 1:55pm
Actually, I DID see Sandra Bullock's performance in All About Steve, and it was a horrible character in a horrible movie that should not have been made.  Just because she portrayed the character right doesn't mean that she SHOULD have.  Some characters, or more to the point, some movies need to be sent back to screenwriters for one hell of a re-write.  One of the things that counts towards a "worst" nom is clout; does this person have the clout to get this movie changed into something at least halfway decent if not good?  It was Bullock's production. 

As bad as Obsessed was, Beyoncé was not the worst thing about it.  It was her co-star, Ali Larter, who was HORRIBLE.  No, in this year's Worst Actress category, the real horse race was between Megan Fox, who looks great in photos but should not be allowed to move or say lines, and Sandra Bullock.  I can't speak for the other members, but I was already leaning towards Sandra (because she KNOWS better) when she made that announcement.  After that, I said why think about it any further.

No, as much as I would enjoy Sandra Bullock buying me and all the other Razzie members a drink, no, she deserved the award.  Again, she KNOWS better than to make a movie that bad.

Originally posted by robmosva

I have to say that maybe you should watch the film first so you can slam it... if heard the reviews are mixed not like the ones of Showgirls o even last year Nine!!!

Well i only hope to see worth-bad performances nominated for the RAZZIE not the mixed perfomances played by more KNOW artist. Please guys you should give the RAZZIE to horrible performances like Beyonce''s OBSESSED or SJParker's Did u Heard.. instead of Sandra's All about STEVE which u probably didn't see, as well WILL FERRELL for LAND OF LOST (another horrible perf.) instead of Jo Bros Concert Movie or SHARON STONE in Catwoman (which i truly hated) instead of Britney Spears interview.
Really guys give the razzie to the bad perfomances that deserves it.!

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 8:48am
This has been nominated for 2 Golden Globes.I'll discuss it here.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Vits

Well, they needed SOMETHING to feel the Best Comedy/Musical Film and Best Score/Song spots, so of course they would go with a musical.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Anuss View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Anuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 2:30pm
So they could have pick Country Strong, Easy A, MorningGlory instead of Burlesque ;) But they picked Burlesque... Get over with it.
Razziedent Evil View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razziedent Evil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 4:11pm

It was nominated for 3 Golden Globes, Best Comedy/Musical and two Best Song nods.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Anuss

So they could have pick Country Strong, Easy A, MorningGlory instead of Burlesque ;) But they picked Burlesque... Get over with it.
True, they could have gone with "Easy A", considering Emma Stone is up for Best Comedy Actress. Oh well, their fault for making that mistake.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Razziedent Evil

It was nominated for 3 Golden Globes, Best Comedy/Musical and two Best Song nods.

My bad.Thank you.
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

[QUOTE=Anuss]True, they could have gone with "Easy A", considering Emma Stone is up for Best Comedy Actress. Oh well, their fault for making that mistake.

I always disliked when one performance somehow makes a movie excellent.This time they finally did the right thing,but I prefer it over the other ones.Ironic.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 5:07pm

I always disliked when one performance somehow makes a movie excellent.This time they finally did the right thing,but I prefer it over the other ones.Ironic.
The Best Comedy/Musical category is just a custerf***. Why are half these movies even there? Yeah, there's one musical, so that kinda pardons that movie, but "The Tourist"? It was ripped apart by critics. I guess there's going to be a Johnny Depp love-fest this year.
JR1 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 5:35pm
Yes, to nominate The Tourist, one of the most critically reviled movies of the year? Well, that speaks loudly enough. The HFPA probably wants the star power of Depp and Jolie to attend- after all, they're two of the biggest movie stars in the world.

From what I understand, Burlesque isn't THAT bad, at least compared to something like Showgirls- which was so-awful-it's-good. Wonder if that will "hurt" its chances to get Razzie nods.

That's a question- have any Golden Globe nominated movies gone on to score Razzie nominations?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by JR1

That's a question- have any Golden Globe nominated movies gone on to score Razzie nominations?
Pia Zadora not only won a Golden Globe for "Butterfly", she went on to WIN TWO Razzies for that same role!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2011 at 1:12pm
Last night in E! NEWS Guliana Rancic said this movie made SHOWGIRLS look like CITIZEN "KANE"!LOL
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2011 at 10:11am
I just saw it.So what is the problem with this movie?

While SHOWGIRLS is worse,it did something better than this movie*.Both used the very rehashed premise of the small town girl who goes to the big city to make it,but SHOWGIRLS showed it in a more realistic way with a lot of conflicts.This one uses it in the cheesiest way leading up to...you guessed it...a happy ending.And it does rip-off CHICAGO.I haven't seen it,but I still know how the girls looked.Also,there's a scene where a girl is singing,and then the lead imagines herself singing that same song on stage.They replay it shot by shot.

Christina Aguilera clearly had trouble during the scenes where she required to show real emotions,but overall she wasn't bad.I know it's wrong to judge a performance based only on facial expressions,but I have to do that with Cher.While she did alright in other aspects(voice,gestures,etc),everytime she talked(or sang)it felt as she just came out of the plastic surgery clinic,so I guess it was alright she got nominated.I remember Cam Gigandet being in consideration.Well,his performance isn't bad but it's as bland as his character.And Stanley Tucci was just recycling what he did in THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA.

Once again about Christina...I honestly think she has one of the best voices in music history,but she still doesn't realize screaming isn't singing.Now,imagine 2 hours of that.All the musical numbers are stylish but very repetitive,and the songs are nothing out of this world.

Plot holes:
-Is bad enough that BOUND TO YOU is a rip-off of her old song BEAUTIFUL.But in the number,the way she's dressed...it makes no sense to the other numbers and therefor the plot.
-At the beginning TESS sings on stage.She never does that again(except in a sound checking scene).
-Are we supposed to root for ALI to get with JACK,after he breaks up with his fiance over the phone?

I give this 3/10.

*Did I just said something positive about SHOWGIRLS?!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234