Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > FURRY VENGEANCE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Tail of "Whoa, That Is SO Not Funny!"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Tail of "Whoa, That Is SO Not Funny!"
    Posted: April 24 2010 at 8:13am
HOLLYWOOD's AMAZING SKILL for MAKING SOMETHING "NEW" LOOK OLD AGAIN IS on FULL DISPLAY in FURRY VENGEANCE, a MOVIE THAT SWIPES ELEMENTS from SO MANY OTHER MOVIES, a CASE COULD BE MADE for 87% of ALL WRITERS' GUILD MEMBERS DESERVING ON-SCREEN CREDIT for IT -- NOT THAT EVEN 7% of THEM WOULD WANT IT! 

STARRING FORMER GEORGE of the JUNGLE BRENDAN FRASER SET LOOSE in the WILD AGAIN, ALONGSIDE 3-TIME RAZZIE "WINNER" BROOKE SHIELDS, (WHOSE AGENT EITHER COULDN'T GET HER ABOVE-the-TITLE BILLING...OR CHOSE NOT TO) FURRY LOOKS LIKE a BEHEMOTH BEAST of a BAD MOVIE. WITH CHATTERING ANIMALS, MEDIOCRE "SPECIAL" EFFECTS and a PLOT THAT's PARTIALLY BORROWED from POLTERGEIST(!) THIS IS a FILM with NOT ONE ORIGINAL BONE in ITS DESERVES-2-BE-ROAD-KILLED BODY. 

THE INTERESTING PART WILL BE SEEING IF the PAYING PUBLIC FALLS for IT...OR, in a REVERSAL of CURRENT MOVIE-GOER GULLIBILITY, STAYS AWAY in DROVES. 

WE'RE HOPING for the LATTER -- BUT SECRETLY EXPECTING the FORMER. 

NOW, HERE COMES the PART WHERE YOU'RE EXPECTED to SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS...and POT-SHOTS! 

NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT...THIS ONE 
LOOKS OFFAL...ER, AWFUL. WELL...BOTH!
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2010 at 10:13am
Based on the movie's title, I was worried this would be a movie about Brendan Fraiser being attacked by furry fetishers. You know, the kind of humans who have sex while dressed up like animals. Ewww!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2010 at 4:37pm
It seems like a really bad, poorly written SNL skit that got cut then somehow got turned into a full-length movie. On the plus side, I'm guessing Brendan Fraser and Brooke Shields agreed to work for about $100,000 each, so the rest of the budget was spent on CGI. 

The only audience I could see wanting to see this are little kids who are angry enough at their parents to force Mom and Dad to sit through it!
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2010 at 6:50pm
Isn't that the exact same group who make up 90 percent of the Disney Channel audience? 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2010 at 8:15am
I'm guessing that the reviews for this movie will contain scathing phrases such as 'this year's Old Dogs' and 'Anthrocon is pissed!'
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2010 at 10:58am
LOL Yeah, those poor furry lovers are going to be SOOOO let down by this movie's title.  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

'Anthrocon is pissed!'
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2010 at 12:44pm

Brendan Fraser has lately starred in three box office hits (Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Mummy 3 and a cameo role in G.I. Joe 1), and two box office duds (Inkheart and Extraordinary Measures).  He not only starred in the horrible George of the Jungle, but even worse, he managed to escape a deserved royal RAZZing with Dudley Do-Right, and starred in one of the most unnecessary and lame remakes of the decade, Bedazzled.  Yet he had the first two Mummy movies and had a bit role in the Oscar-winning Crash.  Then there's Looney Tunes: Back In Action. . . . And let's have a show of hands of who wants to forget him as "Link" in Pauly Shore's Encino Man. . . .

Here's a potentially great actor constantly being either consigned to (or accepting) substandard roles throughout his career with few exceptions, like Inkheart and Crash.  His greatest accomplishment seems to be having made Razzie worthy movies yet avoiding ever being nominated for a single Razzie.  I'm not sure Furry Vengeance will give him that warning shot across the bow of his career, but then again, it does look as bad as Old Dogs and RV.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2010 at 7:50am
Brendan Fraser may finally get that Worst Actor nod, but he may keep another contender out.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2010 at 9:46am
Fraser might be nominated, but I'm about 100 percent sure a more "worthy" actor will end up winning. Here's a hint:  He's famous for starring as the same two characters in ten movies.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2010 at 2:09pm

I think I know where you're going with that one, but Gerard Butler and Jackie Chan have as much a shot at winning as he does.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2010 at 5:23pm
Against The Certain Actor I hinted at above? Nah, they might as while engrave this actor's name into the Razzie record books, because he's a shoo-in...  
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2010 at 3:40pm
Who are you referrin'to?Please be Gerard Butler.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2010 at 4:42pm
The Sly Guy, and his band of merry men -- er, fellow 1980s Razzies favorites -- in The Expendables!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Here is a LINK to the Forum page(s) devoted to THE EXPENDABLES, complete with lynx to check out both a photo gallery and the latest trailer for sure looks like 2010's Most Irresistible RAZZIE®-Bait...  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2010 at 11:30am
The favorites don't always win, you know.  What will happen if the critical reception is generally positive?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2010 at 11:52am
We'll have to wait and see what reception it does get. However, with rumors of "Rambo 5" coming out later this year, even if Expendables does okay with critics, the Sly Guy may still not be safe.  
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2010 at 1:31pm
I was looking at reviews.  Neither this or the Elm Street remake are getting many reviews.  Vengeance is one review away from a Tomatometer reading, but early reviews may suggest that Furry Vengeance may be a strong Razzie contender.

Fraser vs. Sly at the Razzies?  Maybe...it's too bad, though.  I liked him in George of the Jungle (sorry to disagree with cvcjr13) and the first two Mummy movies (I won't touch the third...Yetis 3, moviegoers 0 after the field goal) and the Bedazzled remake...ok, Elizabeth Hurley was a big factor there...

I wonder if the new Freddy is also worthy of discussion...then again, all horror films of this kind are kept away from critics.  If a guy dreams that a critic bashed the movie, does it count as a real review?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>