Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > FURRY VENGEANCE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Tail of "Whoa, That Is SO Not Funny!"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Tail of "Whoa, That Is SO Not Funny!"
    Posted: October 02 2010 at 10:08am
I TOTALLY agree with you, Morbid Angel. This movie was AWFUL!!!! For me, it's still the worst movie of the year.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2010 at 3:06pm
Funny, there was a CGI movie earlier this year (the title escapes me) about woodland creatures having to defend their land from being mowed down. I guess the idea sucks both in live action and animation.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 8:04am
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Funny, there was a CGI movie earlier this year (the title escapes me) about woodland creatures having to defend their land from being mowed down. I guess the idea sucks both in live action and animation.

I assume the movie you are talking about Burn is 'Over the Hedge' from 2006.

Anyway...

Judging by the poster of 'Furry Vengeance', it looks more like something that would appeal to a kid from my old secondary school who saw Garfield 2 TWICE! (no joke) 
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

I assume the movie you are talking about Burn is 'Over the Hedge' from 2006.
No, it wasn't "Over The Hedge", it was "Spirit of the Forest". Same gimmick as "Furry", forest animals have to stop their trees from being cleared out. "OTH" was actually entertaining.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
adonpaul View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote adonpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2011 at 8:11am
I know Brendan Fraser was in two movies this year.Thanks............

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 4:56pm
Time to rip into thi-oh God, why did I choose to do this one? Hold it together Scott, you can do this. You survived Southland Tales, S. Darko, and Freddy Got Fingered, you can survive this sh*t-pile!

The goo-HAHAHA! Something good about this? A good Akiva Goldsmen script is more likely!

OK, Rob Riggle's cameo was kinda funny, but he's here for less-than-a-minute!

The bad:

Brooke Shields: Shields is pretty (and) terrible, but compared to her 80s heyday/nadir, she's Kate Goddamn Winslet!

Ken Jeong: Jesus, get a hold of yourself man! The only reason I can think for him to be in all these terrible movies is because he wants to be Asian Christopher Walken!

Director Roger Kumble: Rule of thumb: If you're watching a Roger Kumble movie and Sarah Michelle Gellar isn't macking Selma Blair, throw that DVD the f*ck away!

The ugly:

Annoying children: Annoying children are the worst! Annoying children are the reason so many terrible films are released every year! Joel Schumacher isn't a 72-year-old; he's just a couple of annoying children siting on each others shoulders! That explains all the day-glo in Batman & Robin. One of them is "confused" and that's why there's nipples on the Bat-suit!

The script: Did Roger Kumble pull a Robert Rodriguez and let his kids wright the script? That's the only reason I can think of for why this exists!

Brendan Frasier: I could go on for hours of days weeks of monthes of years of decades about how terrible it is, but, out of everything terrible about this, Frasier is the worst! He could have objected! He could have objected to all the prat-falls. He could have objected to the scene where he gets farted on horrifically in the car. He could have objected to the scene where he dresses up like Rambo and consumes racoon piss! But he didn't, he just went along and collected his money. Shameful.

Before I leave, I urge you to seek out the poster for this movie. If you thought the Yogi Bear poster was homoerotic, then you gotta see this one! Grade: F

Next-up: Imagine That!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

If you're watching a Roger Kumble movie and Sarah Michelle Gellar isn't macking Selma Blair, throw that DVD the f*ck away!
What about a giant elephant?LOL Get it?

If you thought the Yogi Bear poster was homoerotic, then you gotta see this one!
Do you mean this one?

Yeah,that bear's eyes are saying something not suited for children.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 5:39pm

The goo-HAHAHA! Something good about this? A good Akiva Goldsmen script is more likely!
So true! I wonder how many Oscar voters he bought gold watches and jewelery for in order to "win" that Oscar for the "Beautiful Mind" screenplay.

As for the furry undertones of that poster, oh yeah, it looks like that bear is about to make Brendan Frasier his prison bitch!
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 7:38pm
Man, I forgot how creepy those eyes were! Those eyes look like they belong on a C-grade slasher villain! All I remembered was that the positioning was funny looking and showing it to some kids back in High School. Looks like Yogi Bear isn't the worst movie that features bear sex on its poster!
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 7:55pm
Oh god, this will haunt me for ages... look at the bear's eyes!

BEAR: Join us!
Pictures move, do they?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 8:35pm
Is it me, or have all the children's films I've been reviewing been unintentionally inappropriate? Alvin hitting on a human girl, the Yogi Bear poster, this poster, the rim-job scene from The Grinch*, etc. Wait till I get The Nutcracker In 3D ("Open your mouth... like a good little prince!") and The NeverEnding Story III and it's breat-feeding scene... involving the Bark Troll and the Rock-biter's son!Nuke

*Yes, this scene exists. It's the scene where he gets the mayor (Jeffrey Tambor) to lick Max's ass in his sleep.
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 9:05pm

Is it me, or have all the children's films I've been reviewing been unintentionally inappropriate? Alvin hitting on a human girl, the Yogi Bear poster, this poster, the rim-job scene from The Grinch*, etc. Wait till I get The Nutcracker In 3D ("Open your mouth... like a good little prince!") and The NeverEnding Story III and it's breat-feeding scene... involving the Bark Troll and the Rock-biter's son!Nuke

*Yes, this scene exists. It's the scene where he gets the mayor (Jeffrey Tambor) to lick Max's ass in his sleep.
Oh yeah, you're right. I seems the filmmakers figure they can get away with it because little kids won't understand or notice what's happening.
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
pasim View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote pasim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2011 at 5:01am
Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

Oh god, this will haunt me for ages... look at the bear's eyes!

BEAR: Join us!

Join the dark side hahah.

No, seriously, those are some creepy eyes. :)

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2011 at 9:41am

Is it me, or have all the children's films I've been reviewing been unintentionally inappropriate? Alvin hitting on a human girl, the Yogi Bear poster, this poster, the rim-job scene from The Grinch*, etc.

In another scene,THE GRINCH's face lands on Christine Baranski's boobs.I thought "Alright,it's not that innapropriate".But then he said hello to her.Hmmm...so boys will learn to recognize a woman they haven't seen in decades by comparing boobs?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2011 at 3:12pm
The scene with Chrisine Baranski's bossem is different because that was a naughty joke that was done on purpose, unlike the other scenes which happened by accident*.

*I'm pretty sure that the writers of the Grinch didn't know what a rim-job was and they tought it was just a fecal joke.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2011 at 5:40pm
I think this will help.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234