Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > LADY IN THE WATER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Truly DRIPPY "Thriller" ? ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Truly DRIPPY "Thriller" ? ?
    Posted: July 18 2006 at 12:29pm

FROM THE DIRECTOR of SIXTH SENSE and SIGNS (AND, LEST WE FORGET, THE VILLAGE) COMES a MODERN-DAY TALE of FANTASY, TERROR...and TOTAL SELF-INDULGENCE: M. NIGHT SHYAMALAN's LADY IN THE WATER. OUR OFFICE POOL PREDICTED IT WOULD CANNONBALL INTO THE DEEP END...AND THEY WERE RIGHT!  

Here's Your Chance to Get Your Feet Wet and JOIN Our Discussion...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2006 at 2:28am
As of this morning at our favorite site, Your office pool may be right on target!
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2006 at 4:51am

M. Night was on Daily Show with Jon Stewart last night, and said this film was based on "a bedtime story" he made up for his children that just kept getting "scarier and scarier."

What is wrong with modern Hollywood if they're letting directors spend $70 million on children's bedtime stories that are too scary for kids, not scary enough for teen-agers and adults, and thus have little or no audience?

For once, it looks like Disney executives (who were so dead set against making this film that they released Shyamalan from his contract over it) were RIGHT!

Everything SUX!
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2006 at 4:58am
YEP!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2006 at 5:23am
That is basically what I said as well; I guess Disney learned a painful lesson from producing all those BOMBS in 2004, or at least one executive did.

Words to live by:
JoBloMovieGoer View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoBloMovieGoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2006 at 5:27am
It was directed by M. Night...written by M. Night...co-produced by M. Night...and features M. Night in a small role. So, like...who do we blame if it blows?!?!?!
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2006 at 1:08pm

All I want to know is where is the cross?; Because as of this posting the critics are CRUCIFYING the living $hit out of it. The positive reviews are at a mere 10%!!!!

Lady in the Water Movie Stills: Bryce Dallas Howard, Paul Giamatti, Jeffrey Wright, M. Night Shyamalan

It just does't get better than this  !!!

Words to live by:
messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 1:35pm
You are most definitely wrong. Lady in the Water is in fact far worse than my Super X Girlfriend

At least Super X was intentionally funny.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 4:31pm
I believe that is what I posted (Or at least I thought I had).

Words to live by:
gertie the duck View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote gertie the duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2006 at 4:24am

Didn't one of the critics on Rotten Tomatoes call this an updating of Splash? Yikes!!!

Response from Head RAZZberry: Actually, some of the reviews make it sound like SPLASH may have been more terrifying than LADY IN THE WATER...

"Come back, Sidney... I wanna chastise you!"
gertie the duck View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote gertie the duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2006 at 1:38am

HeadRazz: I wouldn't find it hard to believe that most things cannot be more terrifying than Splash, actually, but when I searched for it on Rotten Tomatoes, I found it's standing at 83% and that most of the reviews are positive! What is WRONG with these critics???

How could anyone find Splash "charming"??Maybe they were "charmed"(as in put under a spell)into giving it positive reviews...

Personally, I almost find Splash insulting...

Sorry about the digression!

"Come back, Sidney... I wanna chastise you!"
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 9:12am

Speaking of "making a Splash," here's a LINK to a Berry Funny Los Angeles Times article about how foolish M. Night was to give the author of  "The Man Who Heard Voices" total access to himself (and all his snits and ego-farts).

It's entitled "Call It Shyamaladenfreude"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 10:53am
Just used the links from the above-mentioned  L.A. Times story to check various reviews on LADY IN THE WATER -- And here's one of my favorites, from Lou Lumenick's review in The New York Post: "The M. Night Shyamalan who made LADY IN THE WATER isn't seeing dead people anymore - he's turned into a crackpot with messianic delusions who's one more flop away from directing TV commercials...or perhaps a three-picture deal with Tom Cruise." 
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 9:22am
I feel bad for Paul Giamatti, a great actor who had his hot streak stalled by this unholy mess.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 10:08am

Response to Sanndman228715:

I was just thinking the same thing myself; But at the time he signed on, I don't think he thought it would turn into such a critically defamed slop fest. Hell, With M. Night's dossier up to this point, I would've done the same thing!  

Lady in the Water Movie Stills: Bryce Dallas Howard, Paul Giamatti, Jeffrey Wright, M. Night Shyamalan

Words to live by:
Budgieboy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Budgieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 9:11pm
This director has gone on a decline since Sixth Sense.

I see...a dead career!
A friend in need is a bloody nuisence
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>