Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > LADY IN THE WATER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Truly DRIPPY "Thriller" ? ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Truly DRIPPY "Thriller" ? ?
    Posted: January 24 2007 at 10:31am
Well, I thought Signs was his best movie and The Village was his second best. I find the Sixth Sense WAY overrated. And does anyone know why this film is nominated for worst picture of 2006? I mean seriously, is it because of the box office bomb (which doesn't have to do anything by making a film bad)? Maybe people thought this would be a spfx extravaganza with a lot of fantasy action. It's a great film and no where near to be nominated for worst picture. Can the Razzies PLEASE nominate films that actually DESERVES to be there rather than the public's opinion?
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2007 at 7:12am
What movies did youthink deserved nomintions this year,
Moviewizguy?
Everyone has their own opinion on what deserves to be nominated, and a lot
of voters had the same opinion that Lady in the Water was very bad and
deserved a nomination.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2007 at 8:55am

IMDb had Lady in the Water for a rating on about more than 6 out of 10 so I don't think anyone agrees with YOU, my dear old friend. I bet they just picked this movie because it bombed, which doesn't mean it's bad.

Response from Head RAZZberry: Oh, yeah, moviewizguy? Here's a LINK to the Rotten Tomatoes page for LADY IN THE WATER -- Not only was it a box office bomb, it also bombed with the critics, 76% of whom panned it. And the fact that M. Night Shyamalan nearly wrecked his career by letting his ego run rampant insisting it be made, only to see it fail, gives it that extra, RAZZ-able edge. We are hardly alone in citing LADY as one of the big cinematic disappointments of 2006...

Crazzy View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Crazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2007 at 3:33am
I agree....M Night has lost his writing edge, and needs to start making movies that OTHER than himself write. I thought he'd learned his lesson from The Village. I am a huge M Night fan, but still can't bear to see him make legitimized crap like Lady in The Water. He needs to use his directing/cinematography skills with someone else's vision
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2007 at 9:52am

The Village was one of the best films in 2004! What are you talking about?! That was a masterpiece and it sure didn't have that many bad reviews.

Response from Head RAZZberry: Yo, moviewizguy -- You might wanna do some research before simply declaring that any movie "sure didn't have that many bad reviews." I just checked on Rotten Tomatoes, and THE VILLAGE, while hardly a RAZZIE contender, was slammed by a majority of American film critics -- 57% of them, to be precise. Here's a DIRECT LINK to check out the numbers for VILLAGE. And here's a LINK to the Main Page at RT, so you can check the facts before posting your next defense of Shyamalan, The Ding-Dong...

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 11:42am

Well Head RAZZberry, maybe you didn't even see the film. the Village was a masterpiece. One of the best films in 2004 and people hated it, or seen it, because of the twist they want to see coming. They watch the movie to look for clues that they don't even see the film itself! it's not even a horror film! If people actually have seen it, it was a romantic thriller! Romantic, I say? OF COURSE! It has an all star cast with GREAT acting and a great story! Why did peopel think it's a bad film? Well, of course they were expecting a horror or were too busy looking for clues to the ending. Look at The Village in rottontomatoes, read where it says this:

Movie Consensus:

The Village is apprpriately creepy, but M. Night's signature twist ending disappoints.

^^See what I mean?! People pay too much attention to The Village's twist ending than the movie itself. An rottontomatoes also give the critics' AVERAGE RATING for The Village: 5.5/10 and for Lady in the Water: 4.2/10. see, how many critics who didn't like the film doesn't matter, it's the rating of how disappointed with these films that matters. And, people also thought Lady in the Water was a fantasy film with a lot of scary and great special effects! That's nothing close to the movie! And the ratings from IMDb praised these two films: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368447/, 6.6/10 and the other: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452637/, 6.1/10.

Scary Freak View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Scary Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2007 at 8:03am
I totally liked The Sixth Sense and Signs, I was a little disappointed with The Village, but it was an OK film. But this film, I didn't really like that much. This definitely shows a really good reason why Disney chose to turn this movie down, and they did the right thing to do that, alright.
Happy Jack View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Happy Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2007 at 4:55pm
Ok, moviewizguy, We all know The Sixth Sense was where he got like a couple Oscar noms. But now, with what we've said about this film earning some Razzie noms, being a box office bomb, and being bombed by the critics, those were some familiar reasons why Disney decided to turn down this project, and they did the right thing to do that, since all this has happened.
Tippie View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Tippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2007 at 7:36am
This was definitely a bomb. Not only at the box office, but with the critics as well. It definitely deserved those Razzie noms it received.
Q View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2007 at 8:07am
I've seen this film and it just reminded me of lady in the lake mentioned in the legend of King Arthur, actually mentioned in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. But I just wonder, how in the hell did the lady in the lake ever give Arthur the rights to be King of England?
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2007 at 2:25am
Poor Shyamalan. He began his glory daze with The Sixth Sense, then with Signs, but then dropped a little with The Village, and then just dropped a lot further with this film. I guess this shows a bunch of reasons why Disney made the right move in denying to distribute this movie.
That 60s hippie View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote That 60s hippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2007 at 7:04am

Oh you animals! you never analised the movie- you sat in the movies stuffing your faces with popcorn and you didnt concentrate.

The message is deep and brilliant. the acting is world class. what more to say?

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 4:06pm

Hey, That 60s hippie, you wanna look at the Winners of the 27th Annual RAZZIE Awards? You can see that this film won 2 of those Awards, and both of them have been won by M. Night Shyamalan. So, moviewizguy, you need to rethink about your thoughts on this movie.

That 60s hippie View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote That 60s hippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2007 at 4:39am

What can I say? The Razzies made an ill-advised and totally wrong decision in giving this classic such a poor rating and two of its "awards"

The Razzies are human after all, I guess...

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 6:19am
This film nearly did ruin Shyamalan's career, however, his career is not completely over -- I heard that he's right now working on another movie. But it's most likely that it won't be distributed by Disney, since they ended his contract when they refused to distribute LADY IN THE WATER.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 3:54am
Oh man, you guys, you know what? Here's what I found on the IMDb.com Trivia for this movie. Check this out: Kevin Costner was considered for the role of Heep. However, Paul Giamatti accepted the part before they contacted Costner (Giamatti was really the first option). I know that if Costner ended up getting the part that Paul Giamatti ended up with, it would be another Razzie nom for Costner. Giamatti ended up with the part before they contacted Costner.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>